• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Honestly surprised we haven't seen a Halo themed breakfast cereal. I mean hell, half the work is done for them; just add some gray food coloring to cherrios and call it a day.

#62 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Posted Image
I am baffled by this. What an incredible feat.

#63 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image
I am baffled by this. What an incredible feat.

Wonder what they're doing in there...
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#64 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

BTB All Star is just terrible. It's a BTB playlist with handpicked maps yet crap like BTB Paradiso still comes up and somehow gets selected. There's also a significant presence of full or near full parties and with many of the maps featuring Banshees, it's just a horrid experience. The triple jackpots are nice and do pop up often though. Can't believe you had to play five games of the crappy Invasion playlist just to be eligible to play in this mess. For a "celebration" theme, it's like being pooped on repeatedly.

#65 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Dear Halo, Why do you market a mature rated game to 5 year-olds?

This.

Posted Image

#66 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

BTB All Star is just terrible. It's a BTB playlist with handpicked maps yet crap like BTB Paradiso still comes up and somehow gets selected. There's also a significant presence of full or near full parties and with many of the maps featuring Banshees, it's just a horrid experience. The triple jackpots are nice and do pop up often though.

Can't believe you had to play five games of the crappy Invasion playlist just to be eligible to play in this mess. For a "celebration" theme, it's like being pooped on repeatedly.

So that's why I couldn't find the playlist..

Re-hire Shishka!

#67 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

For a "celebration" theme, it's like being pooped on repeatedly.

Eh, not surprised. The Halo universe has demonstrated a penchant for celebrating, commemorating, etc. in interesting ways recently.

#68 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

Dear Halo, Why do you market a mature rated game to 5 year-olds?

Cuz they can

In an opinion by Justice Scalia, the Court ? by a vote of seven to two ? held that the California law limiting the sale of violent video games to minors is unconstitutional because it imposes a restriction on the content of protected speech and cannot satisfy strict scrutiny.

#69 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

It's called scruples, Rob. There's a difference between making an M-rated game and making toys aimed at the single-digit ages. Would it be OK with you if Corona started a non-alcoholic line, and showed 12 year olds downing them?

#70 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Meh, maybe it's not so bad.

Altair action figure - 5 months and up!

#71 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

It's called scruples, Rob. There's a difference between making an M-rated game and making toys aimed at the single-digit ages. Would it be OK with you if Corona started a non-alcoholic line, and showed 12 year olds downing them?

I was just bringing in some law to the forum, I don't care what they do, I'm not a dad. That decision I quoted was decided yesterday, kinda a big deal for the industry.

#72 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

And that decision had absolutely nothing to do with my question.

A reseller can sell a game to anyone they please. The law was trying to make selling it a criminal act, much the same way that selling cigarettes or alcohol to minors is.

My question is why is there the double-standard of "We can police ourselves! Our games are not intended for Children to play!" while they are clearly marketing something to an audience the game makers say they don't make the games for.

It's very reminiscent, to me, of how cigarette companies would target advertising to children back in ye olden days. That was a costly mistake.

*cue jokes about how I remember those days*

#73 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Well the difference is that there is "speech" involved with the games, and our First Amendment protects that just like it does violent novels, violent movies, violent music, etc. Drugs have no speech involved, they're a product you use. For the first time in months I agree with the Supreme Court on this one, I think they got it just right.

#74 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

So, again, what "speech" do toys have? Other than speak n spell

#75 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

It's my understanding that any media sales cannot be restricted by the government and limitations are imposed instead by company policies. Does the ruling override those policies?
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#76 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

Well it doesn't override anything since it basically said "We're keeping our hands out of it."

#77 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

TV and Radio are regulated by the FCC and so they have different standards. So commercials aren't the same medium and aren't comparable. The SC said that video games are speech that is regulated by only the 1st amendment, and the 1st amendment doesn't allow for you to say this speech is ok for adults but not for children. basically

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq