Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

What is JTAG?

Hardware modification for the 360 that lets lets the 360 run unsigned code, similar to a developer unit.

#342 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:15 PM

What is JTAG?

That's how people were able to run the version of Reach that was downloaded off the MS servers. That was before there was retail discs in the wild, now people use copies of that. It's a very bad thing that the JTAG exists, precisely because people use it to mod online.

#343 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

JTAGs get banned very, very quickly on Xbox Live, by the way. I'm talking a day tops before the CPU key is sniped.

#344 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

Seems like it's possible to change CPU keys though. They do have to be valid keys but there are a fair amount of possible donors, what with the reliability of 360s... No idea how much keys go for though. The whole JTAG situation has gotten me looking forward to the next generation of games consoles, so they'll have to restart their hacking progress.

#345 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

Seems like it's possible to change CPU keys though. They do have to be valid keys but there are a fair amount of possible donors, what with the reliability of 360s...

No idea how much keys go for though.

The whole JTAG situation has gotten me looking forward to the next generation of games consoles, so they'll have to restart their hacking progress.

Keys are anywhere from $50 to $100 (US). When you can buy an already JTAG'd console for $150 to $200, it really isn't worth it.

#346 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:45 AM

Ah, not so bad then. Though it makes me wonder how starved cheaters are for attention if they're gonna spend $50-$100 in order to make people notice them for a day.

#347 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

Ah, not so bad then. Though it makes me wonder how starved cheaters are for attention if they're gonna spend $50-$100 in order to make people notice them for a day.

Oh, they will. Just like the MW2 kiddies who host so-called "Prestige 10 lobbies". The person hosting and everyone who connects gets Prestige 10, only to be banned the next day. I don't really understand, to be honest with you.

#348 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,032 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

What is JTAG?

Jon Tucker's Awesome Guns.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic