Halo 5

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#101 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,960 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

I actually didn't find out until today somehow, but apparently there are micro-transaction consumables in the game - ala Battle Packs in Battlefield. They apparently don't work in "Arena," but will be in all other online game types. lol

#102 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Link?

#103 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

Focus tests aren't bad unless you go into them trying to justify what you already wanted. That's just biased, shitty testing.

Halo 5 looked, well, like I guess anyone expected at this point. Giant set pieces that take control away from the player, overly involved AI that holds your hand. The works. Sad to see, but it is what it is. Cool concept with the squad based stuff I suppose though, looks like they're trying to leech team based mechanics into the single player and hope it rubs off on multiplayer. Which is commendable.

#104 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Just gonna leave this here...

TXmDNzJ.png

#105 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,960 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Hahaha, attachments, too?

This franchise jumped the shark so hard it missed the water completely on the way back down. What a fucking joke.

Who is asking for this shit?

#106 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

-Launches with 20 multiplayer maps
-Free DLC, 15+ additional maps
-You can swap seats in the Warthog by pressing jump
-REQ points buy cosmetic only weapons for Arena
-Campaign co-op will run on dedicated servers
-No Firefight or Spartan Ops, I guess Warzone is taking up this part
-There are Forerunner vehicles now
-All weapons still seem to have some sort of ADS, why do you need to zoom in with the Needler?
-No LAN
-When talking about powerups, "Players will need to walk up to the powerup, hold a button down to pick it up and the player will perform a short animation which will slam the powerup into their chest." wat
-"We're really trying to make sure it doesn't turn into another scripted videogame experience." Um.
-"We asked one of the hard hitting questions first and that was the possibility of no-sprint playlists in Halo 5: Guardians, at launch. Holmes said that while not all of the launch playlists have been finalized, they have talked about it at the office and they are open to doing it provided the community wants it, also." This is really the biggest thing for me. Even if I forgave them for everything else in the game, sprint just doesn't make sense in Halo. I will not buy it if they don't fix this shit.

Edited by DualX, 19 June 2015 - 10:47 AM.

#107 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

This is really the biggest thing for me. Even if I forgave them for everything else in the game, sprint just doesn't make sense in Halo. I will not buy it if they don't fix this shit.

Sprint is the thing preventing you from pre-ordering now? Not the the countless horrible things 343 has added to the series, or the multiplayer consumables that are not just cosmetic, or the embarrassing "hunt the truth" ad campaign, or the wheelchair spartan incident, or their proven ineptitude at making good, respectable Halo games? The problem is, sprint DOES make sense in their Halo because they've changed the game so much and designed specifically for it. Removing sprint isn't going to suddenly make it feel like Halo. Halo 5 will never feel like Halo, because it's not Halo anymore. Halo is dead, and this new thing 343 created in their evil laboratory is wearing its skin.

#108 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

Pre-ordering? I don't pre-order anything anymore. All of these AAA companies can sell people these half-assed unfinished, and broken games. I'll pass.

And I'm very well aware of what 343 is. MCC was such a slap in the face. Sprint is just 'one' of many things that I detest from this Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare with shields game.

#109 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,960 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

But guys, this is what Halo fans want! Everyone was tired of the old formula!

#110 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

https://twitter.com/...045883015139329

#111 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,960 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

lol

#112 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,705 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

Who was he talking to in that gif?

#113 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

Phil Spencer and unsure of the other.

#114 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

Pretty sure it's Kudo Tsunoda, the "bam, here's your foot" guy.

Edited by Nightshade, 20 June 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#115 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, the extent of his answer to that question is just: "We need to do better" (in reference to the MCC). He mainly talks about their new early access program. Video.

#116 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

For what it's worth, I listened to the whole "HuntTheTooth" thing and I found it to be garbage. No fucking idea what people on NeoGAF are talking about when they say they like it. Credit where credit is due, the voice acting is well done and they clearly flexed their budget to get some big names. However the plot of it is just your basic "secret organization does something bad, covers it up. A reporter tries to blow it wide open but to his surprise the secret organization is able to stop him via secret means. GASP!" It was fucking paint by numbers storytelling, plain and simple, and anyone heralding that as one of the best ARGs of all time is either astroturfing, desperate to believe it's awesome, or simply stupid. There's no mystique, no ARG really, it's simply an empty double cross story that involves Halo. I mean hell let us compare the abstractness of I Love Bees to Hunt the Truth. There's nothing anyone has to do other than listen on Soundcloud, no community involvement, no contest, no reward. It feels extremely hollow. So all you're left to dissect is the predictable story, and on that consideration it's simply not good at the one thing it does.

I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt on some of this shit, but 343i's idea of "humanization of characters" is some of the shittiest storytelling I've ever witnessed. Not because it's bad, but because it ignores every piece of character development that's happened before it in any medium.

#117 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

I can't stop lol-ing at the fact that the collector's edition costs $250 and doesn't even come with a disc. It comes with an empty steelbook, in which a code slip is inserted.

91T8kpOJx3L._SL1500_.jpg

There truly is no way 343i isn't self aware about how they treat Halo. There's no fucking way, I refuse to believe it.

#118 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Well I guess I'll triple post because fuck you, that's why.

So this is a bit old, but it got overlooked and I found it interesting. Apparently Halo 5 will not feature Big Team Battle at launch which sure is weird considering they have developed a competitor in Warzone. Part of me wants to believe that 343i is doing this on purpose to gain some leverage in Warzone's favor (people are lazy, and unlikely to switch playlists. Especially so after having unlocked progression perks in Warzone.) But the other part of me simply believes that once again, 343i dropped the ball and simply couldn't deliver on time.

Either way? 343i once again can't manage to not look incompetent. 

#119 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,705 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

I can see how that'll go.

1) BTB arrives 2 months after launch

2) It doesn't work, gets pulled

3) Comes back 3 weeks later, kinda works 2/3 of the time

4) 343 keeps patching it

5) Never works close to an acceptable level, but 343 gives everyone a free flaming helmet or something

6) GAF apologizes for 343 the whole way

Edited by Kinetic, 21 June 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#120 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

This game has so much dumb shit in it, it's a glimpse into the mind of a 343i employee. If Warzone does well you can bet your ass Halo 6 will be even more of this hot garbage:
CINyIRAWcAAcZUd.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq