• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#21 Major Hayes

Major Hayes

Needler Master

• Veteran
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

So does this mean that those of us that are still Halo-ing on the original Xbox are basically screwed? Anyone want to donate to help me get a 360? :biggrin:

#22 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

you should buy a ps3, ebay it, then buy, like, five 360s with the profit.

#23 Jamookie

Jamookie
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:10 AM

By the time I got Halo 2 the new map pack was already out for free, just wondering what the cost of those old maps were and how much (speculation) the new ones may be.

"Sometimes fairytales may say best what's to be said." C.S. Lewis

#24 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:32 AM

It'll probably be in the neighborhood of $9.95.

#25 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:51 AM

It looks like Bungie's thinking about incorporating the new maps into all the matchmaking playlists effectively eliminating original xbox owners from ranked matchmaking since they can't get the maps.

Halo.Bungie.Org

Matchmaking, New Halo 2 Maps, and You
Wow, this is a little worrying... FyreWulff pointed out a thread on Bungie.net discussing the new Halo 2 maps coming out soon - Jeremiah mentioned that these maps would likely be incorporated in a significant number of playlists - and (at least at this point in the developments) those playlists would no longer be available to people playing on the original Xbox. Jeremiah makes it clear that 1) they (Bungie) are doing what they can to make the maps available to everyone, not just 360 owners, but that 2) statistics show that the majority of Halo 2 players on Xbox Live are using 360s, so limiting the new maps (which they'll have to purchase) to just a playlist or two would be unfair. (Of course, effectively blocking Xbox owners from Halo 2 Matchmaking seems a little unfair as well - and I'm not just saying that as someone who plays XBL on an original Xbox.) In Jeremiah's words, "Please don't enter panic mode just yet, we're trying to make this work for everyone as much as possible." They're doing what they can, and when we know more about this, we'll post it.

This was my response on page 5 of that thread.

I think they should absolutely just incorporate the new 360 maps into matchmaking, especially since the majority of H2 players are 360 owners and the people who buy the new maps through Microsoft's current content delivery pipeline (Live Marketplace) are the ones who'll be playing Halo 2 most.

I understand that this must suck for xbox owners, but it's been more than 2 years and most people on this forum have logged hundreds if not thousands of hours already so you can't say you've been deprived of anything. Ultimately Bungie must do what's best for the majority of their customers who happen to be on the 360.

If there is a compromise made, I would say the best idea would be to leave unranked matchmaking open to the old maps and make ranked matchmaking require the new maps. This is best for the vast majority of H2 players, and just think that you'd also eliminate most cheating in one fell swoop since there aren't mods on the 360.

#26 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

Kevin already said there would be separate playlists for the Xbox 360 owners who purchased the new maps. [01/28/2007 - TWU]

I'm not certain why they would feel the need to have them integrated into the old playlists since no one who owns the maps will want to see one of the old maps for a while.

#27 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

Maybe not at first, but eventually it would make sense.

#28 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Maybe not at first, but eventually it would make sense.

I think they'll continue to have Xbox 1-only playlists until years from now. There may be only two or three, but they'll still be around. I can't see why they would remove them. It's not costing anyone to have those gametypes in the hoppers and those hoppers in rotation. Doesn't Ubisoft still have dedicated servers, something far more financially intensive, for Rainbow Six 3 on the original Xbox...the 2003 version?

#29 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:18 AM

Revealed

Remakes of Derelict and Hang 'em High.

#30 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

I'm surprisingly excited for the new maps. They're really pretty; I hope they play good.

#31 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

I loved both of these maps on Halo 1. The cosmetic changes don't look very fitting for the Halo universe (in my opinion), but I'm excited nonetheless. It looks like grav lifts instead of teleporters for Derelict, and the trench on Hang Em is sexified (check out the water). I'll be picking these up- for 4 dollars, I'd be a fool not to...

#32 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:07 AM

I am going to get these. I think the "Tombstone" level looks a little bit Quake-ish, I played Quake 4 the other day at a friend's house, and one of the multiplayer maps looks exactly like this, atmosphere wise at least.

#33 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

Agreed. They both have an Unreal or Quake vibe. Which is fine. As long as they're fun to play...

#34 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:33 AM

I'm surprised to be dissapointed by the first screens, but I am. I'm hoping that as more screens and maybe vids come out, my mind will be changed. I guess they strike me as a bit generic from these shots. $4 is a no brainer near gift to fans. Bungie/MS must know they could have easily charged double that. So, were these the only additional maps being worked on? If so, I expected more, especially if they are remakes. Anyways, it's still cool.

Edited by Valor, 30 March 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#35 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

Only $4 huh? I'll think about buying 'em... Translation: Kinetic is likely to buy them.

#36 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

All I have to say is, I like. :yes:

#37 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

WATS HAPPENIN GOYS?

All I have to say is, I like. :yes:

For you and I, this will be sorta nostalgic, eh?

#38 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

WATS HAPPENIN GOYS?
For you and I, this will be sorta nostalgic, eh?

Most definitely so. =D

I'm just curious how Hang'em, I mean Tombstone, will actually play in comparison to the OG; especially since these are 360 only maps.

Edited by DualX2, 30 March 2007 - 04:11 PM.

#39 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

I hope they have sweeter graphics, since the 360 has more power and all, and hopefully they experimented with wierd stuff in these too, like putting in more weather effects or something, as a preview of the beta or Halo 3 itself.

#40 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

The maps are going to be on both consoles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq