Halo 2

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#41 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

The maps are going to be on both consoles.

He is correct, good sirs. These are the last maps for Halo 2. They're being released for both consoles and they're only available thorugh the legacy download path and only to one console at this time. And Bungie has said repeatedly that their original release on the Xbox 360 exclusively had absolutely nothing to do with its power.

#42 kon3cto

kon3cto
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

I'm probably in the minority here but... I am tired of Bungie's policy of "more is better." They strip everything you love about something, and add and add until it's unrecognizable (H1 => H2, HH => Tombstone... wtf). I guess it doesn't help that I don't like H2's graphical style in the first place. I am glad that they finally recognize the greatness of H1 maps though. Hopefully some of this forward thinking has carried over to H3. Too bad Dammy didn't make the cut though. :mellow:

#43 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

kno3cto, I think you and Syracuse could become really good friends.

#44 kon3cto

kon3cto
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

Heh, I only joined this forum because I finally saw someone who thought exactly like I did. H2 burned me bad...

#45 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

They strip everything you love about something, and add and add until it's unrecognizable...

Your copy of Halo 1 doesn't work anymore?

#46 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

Oh Snap!

#47 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:28 PM

Your copy of Halo 1 doesn't work anymore?-Voc

Ahmen to that, if you don't like it, play the original.

#48 kon3cto

kon3cto
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

Everyone elses obviously doesn't, otherwise I'd have more people to play on XBC.

Edited by kon3cto, 31 March 2007 - 03:31 PM.

#49 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

XBC as in Xbox Connect?

#50 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

XBC as in Xbox Connect?

Yes.

It's not too enjoyable to play over XBC just because that you can only play with so few people and the lag is horrible.

#51 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

Yes.

It's not too enjoyable to play over XBC just because that you can only play with so few people and the lag is horrible.

It doesn't work well with the Xbox 360 either, which is a shame, because we would have definitely gotten a few games in over the years.

Halo 1's a great game, but I think the main reason people aren't on XBC with it or having the same volume of LANs, is because Halo 2's multiplayer experience, even with its flaws, is seen as more reasonable given the multiplayer constraints of Halo 1.

I feel like a hero in Halo 1, 2, and in every game I play because, let's face it: I am a hero.

Posted Image

#52 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

I always knew Voc was a space-time altering Asian...

#53 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

I've never seen the show.

#54 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

He must be, I just saw this picture of him.
Posted Image

#55 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

I've never seen the show.

You are missing out, my friend. It's definitely worth downloading.

#56 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

I am glad that they decided to put the maps on both consoles. I have and play H2 on my 360 but I think it is only right to give everyone who isn't hardcore enough, for the Beta, at least the joy of still having fun playing Halo 2. Good job Microsoft. We commend you for not squeezing even more money out of every else's buttholes by making them buy a 360 just for new maps.

#57 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Furthermore, onto the maps.... Hang Em High good choice obviously for the ridiculous demand for it. And I would like to see what changes they have made for the MLG-ish competitive nature of Halo 2. From the new picture it looks like they added lots more pillar things on the ground which will work good so the middle of the level isn't all huge and open. Overshield is down in the middle which will be nice and costly to go get. Derelict was chosen just for this competitive nature and I think its a good choice. Halo 2 is shaking its money maker all up and down MLG and the longer they can keep that going the beta for Bungie and Microsoft. So adding new competitive maps is a great idea.

#58 kon3cto

kon3cto
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Derelict should be a hit with the MLG community. I don't think the Hang em High remake will be as sucessful unless Bungie has scaled it down considerably. Part of the fun of HH was 3 shotting people from across the map, the BR doesn't have the range for that. I guess we'll find out in April.

#59 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:03 AM

kon3cto is right, unfortunately. As far as MLG is concerned, Tombstones is the next Colossus. If the sniper and the pistol were unchanged in Halo 2, Colossus would have been a highlight, one of the true standouts of the original maps. As it stands now, nobody plays it. I'm sure our clan is going to get a kick out of both maps, but I'm also pretty sure that Desolation is the only one of the two that has a good shot at making the MLG rotation. If Tombstones does make it, it'll be as a CTF map, but I just don't see it happening, as Sanctuary is a much better fit for Halo 2's (completely different) combat system...

#60 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:10 AM

Agreed. They changed the pistol, which makes it completely diffirent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq