#21 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

Everybody, I've made a startling discovery: There's a Brute Plasma Rifle default on Turf! GASP!!! If you download Turf #1 in the list Blaze posted, pause it at approximately 1:48. You'll see the red shape, color, and glow of the formally outlawed-for-multiplayer (default settings) Brute Plasma Rifle. It can also be seen in use during Turf #2. Now, take an SMG and Brute Plasma Rifle in either hand, and you've got a recipe for quick kills if you know how to use it.

#22 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

#23 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

Blaze is right. That's not Sanctuary. That's Gemini.

What is that? High Charity? Ack, it's too DARK!

I that's just the quality of the vids. They all seemed a little dark to me.

And for a High Charity map, Gemini looks pretty nice.

#24 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:40 PM

-,Apr 18 2005, 10:05 PM] Go here right now and click on Sanctuary 2.

You're right, that sure as hell is not sanctuary. We know it's not Elongation or Terminal, that leaves the frontrunner Gemini, Relic, or Backwash. How do we know for sure that it's Gemini?

#25 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Because HBO thinks so. Personally, I think the name of the map is Relic, because, judging by the giant prophet statue in the video, it looks a lot like a relic.

#26 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

Damn, those players from the press are leet "SMG-whores," as FallenSoldier described them. It kills me to watch them run over weapons- "God damn it. That's the battle rifle. Pick it up. Nope. You like the SMG. Okay..." That would be a miserable way for Syracuse to play teh Halo. Gemini, or Relic, or... whatever... Sanctuary 2 ;) looks to have been built for brute shot action. I saw at least two available on that map. Hey, why not now that the brute shot pwns?

#27 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:24 PM

Can someone hook a brother up with some YouSendIt links to the Game Informer videos. They're not working properly for me right now, or so it seems... Edit: Nevermind, I think I got it. I'm making a RAR file will all of these videos. Can anyone find any others?

• Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:53 AM

I just right click and "Save As..."

#29 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, I did to, but I think I queued up too many at the same time. I had eleven videos downloading from various sites, and these few kept giving me issues. I think I've got in handled though...

#30 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:14 AM

I'm having a go at downloading the videos. So slow though, I'm getting about 5kb/s, it's discusting.....

#31 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

I can't seeme to download Sanctuary 1. It starts off okay, then it keeps dropping into the lines of 0.5kb/sec. None of the others worked this way. Anybody got a mirror or something?

#32 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:18 PM

I had the same trouble earlier this morning when I tried it. I'm going to check it out when I get home to see if its still having trouble. Sometime tonight I'm going to try to make a RAR file for everyone and anyone who wants to download the information about the new map in the week prior to its release. If anyone has an other images/videos that you would recommend for me to put in the archive file, please let me know...

#33 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:32 PM

Here's the RAR archive file. It has all of the videos, press issued pictures and Bungie-released items I could get together in one place. You all can get it...

...right here.

#34 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:12 PM

More videos, very similar to the ones IGN posted two days ago

These are pretty new, so they're probably not in the RAR... I haven't watched them yet, so I'll let you know what I think. Just a guess, but it is probably filled with more leet dual-wields. SMGs! Hoo-ah!

EDIT: Impressions...
Containment Vid #1-
Hear the sound of the wind in the background? Don't even try to tell me this isn't the spiritual successor to Sidewinder. That sound gives me chills. Alright, now stop the vid at 0:15. What the hell? You broke Halo, you bastards! That looks sweet.

Containment vid #2- The bases are HUGE. Check out this guy, he's actually intelligent enough to use the BR, in fact we see a BR duel! Notice the badass Quarantine Zone structure in the backdrop towards the end.

Containment vid #3- The ramps visible on the right side of the base at the 0:33 offer an interesting strategical opportunity: park a warthog right there and have the flag bearer hop down onto the waiting hog from inside the base. We should see if this will work.

Sanctuary vid #1- The more I see of Sanctuary, the more I know that I'm going to love it. It's a small map, set up perfectly for some MLG style slayer, CTF, and assault. It's good to see that the carbine, BR, and Sniper rifle all appear on the map, meaning that even the matchmaking version of this map will be bearable.

Sanctuary vid #2- I like that this map has a high road (the walls/aqueducts that lead to the bases indirectly, and a low road littered with cover. The waterfalls and ambience are top-notch.

Turf vid #1- This map is going to be great for territories, slayer, and king of the hill. The downed scarab is sweet! Notice the brute plasma rifle that Kinetic and Blaze pointed out.

Turf vid #2- This map is going to offer a slew of options for moving through it, with all sorts of crazy jumps and sneaky paths. Did you see that little window hiding spot? Nice...

Turf vid #3- I'm pretty sure there are (at least) two sniper rifles on this map, one by the warthog base, the other by the downed scarab. The miliary base looks a lot like the medical tents at the beginning of the E3 2003 demo.

Warlock vid #1- There is a shotgun by the grav lift, so there are probably two on the map. There appear to be no powerups on the sides anymore, making the only powerup the camo in the middle. Warlock is much more alive and scenic than Wizard.

Warlock vid #2- OHHH! BEAT DOWN! This map will own for slayer, oddball, and KotH

Warlock vid #3- Oh, sick! Not one, but TWO SMG double kills! Warlock is going to own... with BR starts.

#35 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:26 PM

Give and I shall consume. This stuff will keep me nice and humble until the real deal comes out...in five days I might add.

#36 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the vids man. I'm getting the high quality large screen ones and I'll probably archive it as well...

#37 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

Warlock Walkthrough

#38 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:51 PM

-,Apr 20 2005, 08:42 PM] Warlock Walkthrough

Wow, any chance you got the high resolution version, Blaze? The map looks cool, but its on the bottom of the totem pole for me...

#39 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:05 PM

If anybody is a sponsor of RvB, please download the high res version and host it on mythica or something.

#40 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

And did anyone get the large highres of that video that Syracuse posted? I got a handful of them but the others timed out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq