#81 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:51 PM

When I read it had a Silent Cartographer resemblance, I immediately thought "Death Island," but by the description that's not even close to what it is. It does however, share a few characteristics of the campaign level. ? downed Pelican? Think back..."Mayday! Mayday! This is Bravo 22 taking enemy fire!" (I just played it today) ? Relic in the center? Think back...the Cartographer's final resting place ? The switch? Think back...the switch that shut down the security system around the main instillation I'm skeptical. I can't judge the quality of this map just yet. I wonder how large it is. Hopefully not too big because he makes it sound very open with the exception of hills and the central relic. It looks as if there will be heavy concentration on getting to the switch, and more so on protecting it. Somebody toss me a shotgun!

#82 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:52 PM

I don't know Ivan. This guy was where I got some of my information that I told you last night. I got it via Syracuse and I think this guy did see something. We'll find out in June (ah, before that because Bungie will start previewing the new maps in May), but it looks authentic to me. EDIT: The Gemini description is a little off, but this guy saw a video of it once whereas I've seen the video about a fifty times. I'm anxious to find out the validity of this. Anyone willing to give it the "New Mombasa test?"

#83 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:05 PM

Already did Voc. I think it's time to feed the fucktards.

EDIT: Just the reaction I expected: "Ah! Too many wordzorz!1!!!1! I'm not gonna read becuase teh words confoozle me!"

#84 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:27 PM

Turf Walkthrough is up: Link.

Right click and save as.

#85 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

Turf is much smaller than I originally thought it was. It's still really nice though. Listen to that Scarab hum and emit electrical sounds. I wish it had more space, but I still think Turf will kick much ass.

#86 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

I don't see that its been closed down yet which could mean one of two things. Either it is in fact real and since it was disclosed by Bungie already (without an NDA) they're letting it slide -or- it could be completely false based on most of the stuff we already know, like Ivan said. I've got a feeling its accurate, but I could be wrong... Turf looks really fun.

#87 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:03 AM

6AM Central here, and I have the maps.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#88 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:52 AM

I downloaded them right before I left for school.

#89 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:09 AM

Me too. It took all the willpower I had not to stay home.

#90 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

I'm staying home tomorrow :D That just because I've gotta wait for a package though...... my new graphics card :D :D

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:28 AM

Yup, mine's been downloading all day. Im at school now. About to head home.

#92 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:37 AM

I've already PWNd them. I'll be on in fifteen minutes or so if anyone is out there...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq