Photo

Mass Effect 2

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

New teaser trailer for the sequel to Mass Effect.

Mass Effect 2

Personally I can`t wait. The first game was so good it stopped me playing Halo 3 for months.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#2 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

New teaser trailer for the sequel to Mass Effect.

Mass Effect 2

Personally I can`t wait. The first game was so good it stopped me playing Halo 3 for months.

Second that!
I recently used Mass Effect to show a Wii gamer friend of mine how much better the Xbox graphics are. I wish they'd have a little more info in that trailer though. It seems like such a ... tease.

#3 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

Second that!
I recently used Mass Effect to show a Wii gamer friend of mine how much better the Xbox graphics are. I wish they'd have a little more info in that trailer though. It seems like such a ... tease.

It`s definitely one of the prettiest games on the 360 or on any of the consoles.

About the trailer though, I can`t believe that Shepherd is actually dead or "killed in action" as stated just before the end. I hope not anyway as I always wanted to continue Shepherd`s adventures into the other vast regions of space that were not explored in the first game, perhaps even go beyond the Veil.

#4 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

It`s definitely one of the prettiest games on the 360 or on any of the consoles.

About the trailer though, I can`t believe that Shepherd is actually dead or "killed in action" as stated just before the end. I hope not anyway as I always wanted to continue Shepherd`s adventures into the other vast regions of space that were not explored in the first game, perhaps even go beyond the Veil.

are you seriously worried about that? lol.

#5 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

are you seriously worried about that? lol.

Actually, yes. lol

#6 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

Actually, yes. lol

Well, it could easily be misinformation spread purposely to allow Shepard to do things under the radar. As far as people know he was killed
Spoiler
. This could be spun lots of ways.

#7 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

You guys remember all the hype they made about you continuing the character you created in the first game across the entire trilogy, right?

#8 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

You guys remember all the hype they made about you continuing the character you created in the first game across the entire trilogy, right?

That`s exactly why I`m worried, admittedly not massively so but people can change their minds and they are now under EA`s thumb too so they might not be calling all the shots. I`m sure it will still be an awesome game either way it goes.

I have 8 different characters from Mass Effect that I want to continue on with. The idea, remote as it may be that Shepherd is dead may be slightly more worrying for me (Unless everyone else played it through that many times) than alot of other players.

#9 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

That`s exactly why I`m worried, admittedly not massively so but people can change their minds and they are now under EA`s thumb too so they might not be calling all the shots. I`m sure it will still be an awesome game either way it goes.

I have 8 different characters from Mass Effect that I want to continue on with. The idea, remote as it may be that Shepherd is dead may be slightly more worrying for me (Unless everyone else played it through that many times) than alot of other players.

Dudes, I thought you all kept up with the news!
http://blog.wired.co...re-keep-yo.html
"BioWare: Keep Your Mass Effect Game Saves"

#10 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:52 AM

That is good news mate but It doesn`t 100% confirm that Shepherd is not dead. I`m sorry about the pessimism I seem to be displaying but after Halo, Mass Effect is probably my favourite 360 game and I want it to be at least as good as the first one. I`m sure it will match up but I have been disappointed with sequels in the past.

#11 Hirohumi

Hirohumi
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

I really don't think that you have much to worry about, i'm sure that bioware would be aware of the fallout among the fans if they were actually to kill Shepard. I agree with the other poster's idea when they said that it is probably some ploy by the council or the alliance to make it easier for shepard to travel around, as I am sure that he is quite famous by now.
Also i have 7 different characters going on, so like you i would be very angry if they were to kill him :tongue:

#12 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

Also, in a Post- MGS 2 world, game companies need to think long and intensely about whether to pull the old raiden-bait-and-switch on its audience.

#13 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

Also, in a Post- MGS 2 world, game companies need to think long and intensely about whether to pull the old raiden-bait-and-switch on its audience.

Can you elaborate for those not in the know?

#14 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

=| In MGS 1 you played at Snake, a real badass. People wanted more of Snake obviously, the trailers showed tons of gameplay with him, but when the game finally came out he only got like 20 minutes of actual gameplay whereas the rest of the game was met with this rookie with a drama queen girlfriend. Yeah, that's about it. EDIT: I still need to play Mass Effect, I have the copy that I got from Falkor before I left. I'll make sure to finish it sometime before the sequel is released.

Edited by DualX, 16 March 2009 - 11:56 AM.

#15 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Not only did all the trailers show Snake, but the game demo that came included with Zone of the Enders featured Snake exclusively. And when the game actually shipped, what was in the demo was pretty much all you got to play as Snake. And not only was his replacement a rookie, he was whiny and a "bishounen," which are basically staples of Japanese animation: the "beautiful young man" who can rival the any woman in looks and femininity. Plus, you got to play a level as him NAKED. Pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone wanted/expected.

#16 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Not only did all the trailers show Snake, but the game demo that came included with Zone of the Enders featured Snake exclusively. And when the game actually shipped, what was in the demo was pretty much all you got to play as Snake.

And not only was his replacement a rookie, he was whiny and a "bishounen," which are basically staples of Japanese animation: the "beautiful young man" who can rival the any woman in looks and femininity. Plus, you got to play a level as him NAKED. Pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone wanted/expected.

LOL! wow, so they made an action game for girls?!

#17 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

Dudes, I thought you all kept up with the news!
http://blog.wired.co...re-keep-yo.html
"BioWare: Keep Your Mass Effect Game Saves"

News update:
Lots of info here. *POSSIBLE STORY SPOILERZ*
Spoiler
They are improving the combat and weapons, and bunch of other stuff in addition to introducing a new hero it looks like.

http://www.gametab.com/news/2924383/

Edited by Kinetic, 24 March 2009 - 04:17 AM.

#18 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:14 AM

Here's some more interesting news:
http://www.gametab.com/news/2943547/

"In response to the dumb, dumb controversy surrounding the original Mass Effect's thoroughly non-erotic, two-minute-long sex scene, Bioware co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk recently addressed the inclusion of further intergalactic sexcapades in Mass Effect 2 during an interview with VG247. In short, they said the sequel won't "shy away from emotionally engaging moments," provided they're "contextually appropriate.""

#19 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

Pre-E3 information about ME2

Apparently they are amping up the combat, which should be much better, and going to more of the scummier places in the galaxy. Also, anyone you killed in the first game will not make it to the second...

http://www.gametab.com/news/2980506/

#20 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:53 AM

That was an excellent clip mate. Everything is looking better for the sequel, though the only thing I don`t remember seeing or hearing anything about is the vehicle mechanics. The Mako was quite awkward to handle in Mass Effect 1...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq