Photo

Mass Effect 2

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

That was an excellent clip mate. Everything is looking better for the sequel, though the only thing I don`t remember seeing or hearing anything about is the vehicle mechanics. The Mako was quite awkward to handle in Mass Effect 1...

Definitely. Although I found the aiming of the gun on the Mako to be the biggest irritation, until I read that if you use the Zoom feature it becomes much, much better. Which it does.

#22 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

Here is a new E3 trailer. Doesn't add much to what we know, but shows that Shepard is definitely NOT dead. Yet.
http://www.gametab.com/news/2993793/

#23 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Wow I'm off today lol...

#24 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Dragon Age collectors edition has Mass Effect unlockable.

#25 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,706 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

Dragon Age collectors edition has Mass Effect unlockable.

No way in hell am I buying that piece of shit game to get stuff in ME 2.

#26 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

I too am under the impression that Dragon Age looks as desirable as a fecal smoothie.

#27 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

Ouch! So what is so unappealing about it?

#28 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Weird, I get that vibe from the game aswell. I think it's just like it seems like they are using unnecessary amounts of swearing and blood (and most likely nudity) for the sake of being cool to the GTA kind of crowd (though I'm not speaking badly of GTA, that is a good game regardless). But that's always been a pet peeve of mine, so maybe that's not it for everyone else.

#29 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

I was never turned on by anything BioWare had shown of Dragon Age, and when the trailer set to shitty Marilyn Manson music showed up I just stopped giving the game a chance.

Edited by Kinetic, 18 July 2009 - 12:47 PM.

#30 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

yeah, I didn't like the trailers either, and it looks like if anything they are turning off lots of people. However they are giving the wrong message, it seems Bioware is worried that they aren't making enough of an impression of the game so they are getting desperate.
http://gamersyndrome...rigins-preview/

from another article:
"The point of the above is that Bioware games don?t always look that good on the surface: ultra-violence, trope-heavy plots, conveniently all-female alien races, tacked-on sex scenes, et cetera. But once you get past that surface, once you get to actually read what?s written and poke around the world they?ve created, there is very often an excellent meaty, highly replayable game on the inside. And that is why I?m willing to give Dragon Age: Origins the benefit of the doubt. Say what you will about Bioware, but if Dragon Age: Origins is half as good as the Baldur?s Gate series, it will still be one of the best fantasy RPGs in a long time."

I guess I'm supporting it because they are actually the Pixar of the video game world - they hit home run after home run.

It's a shame to let some rookie marketing deprive people of experiencing that.

#31 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Still not buying into it. I don't judge a game based on its trailers, I've seen plenty of actual gameplay of Dragon Age and none of it was enticing in the least. I'm not going to drop 80 bones on it for ONE unlockable in Mass Effect 2. It's probably just a weapon/piece of armor that'll wear out its use by level 5 anyway.

#32 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

conveniently all-female alien races, tacked-on sex scenes

Uh, that's why I bought Mass Effect in the first place...

But, more importantly, you cannot accurately predict the quality of software based on a brand name. Just because it says "Bioware" on the box doesn't mean the same badasses who made Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic are pumping out the new trash. Besides, the EA stamp on every new trailer Bioware puts out should immediately alert you to the potential need for caution.

#33 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Mass Effect comic book series coming out next year as a tie-in to ME2.
Sexy Blue Women! Can't Wait!

http://www.joystiq.c...ins-in-january/

Posted Image

#34 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

Your decisions in ME1 will have an effect in ME2.
The only other game that's ever even attempted something like that was Metal Gear Solid, with Psycho Mantis.

http://www.gametab.com/news/3059010/

When BioWare told us to hold on to our save files from Mass Effect for use in the highly anticipated sequel, our minds drew simple conclusions. We figured it would determine our character's appearance, for example. However, a recent PC World interview with Mass Effect 2 lead producer Casey Hudson reveals the save file's true purpose: it keeps track of your every decision during the first game, which in turn will affect the plot of the second.

Not just the big decisions, either -- Hudson says that the player made "hundreds" of choices in Mass Effect that have an impact on the sequel. For instance, Commander Shepard superfan Conrad Verner made a brief appearance in the first game. Players could respond to his fandom in a number of ways (ignoring him, threatening him, supporting him) -- however you decided to treat Conrad will ultimately affect his subplot in the second game. Us? We sent him to hostile alien territories to go snipe hunting. We're worried he'll have a bone to pick with us.

#35 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

#36 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

Wow! What are the other classes that no one else plays besides Engineer?

#37 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

Where did you get that info?
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#38 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Where did you get that info?

IGN

Edited by Gamble, 07 September 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#39 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

I am a ME2 whore. Help. EDIT: Only 50% have completed ME2? No wonder developers are trying to make shorter games..

Edited by Merguson, 07 September 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#40 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Soldier, Sentinel, Vanguard, Infiltrator, Adept, Engineer. The only two I've ever touched are the Soldier and the Adept, but the Sentinel looks really good. Engineer is just a bunch of fail. If any of you decided to replay ME2, don't ever use Cryo anything, it's bugged. Apparently if it kills something, it doesn't necessarily "count," which can cause problems in the progression of certain missions. It took me like 4 tries to beat Grunt's loyalty mission because Mordin's Cryo Blast blocked my progression.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq