• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

I probably won't be getting this game since I'll be too busy with Reach. Lots of new information from Geoff Keighley yesterday on twitter and it sounds interesting. Make sure you read it backwards. Who's getting this game?

geoffkeighley That concludes the multiplayer reveal. Now hands on.
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry?
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Sharpshooter - weapons switch every 30 seconds. Those are the 4 wager match modes. You have to wager to play them. Points are earned in MP
about 13 hours ago via OpenBeak
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Sticks and Stones - crossbows and ballistic knife + tomahawk. Gungame - weapons improve with each kill, but get knifed and your gone.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley You can bet your COD points in wager matches, top 3 are in the money. One in the Chamber mode, one bullet three lives.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Gambling is coming to Black Ops, Wager Matches. These are really cool.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Going through new killstreaks. Sam Turret! Grim Reaper. And many more.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Now going through new 3d character avatars. You can "buy" items to customize. Calm down, not real money.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Combat Training can be played in co-op, so if you want to do 2 players + bots you can.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Combat Training - new mode to play against AI dummies. A way to train for MP for newbies.
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Finally some MP gameplay shown. Team deathmatch on a map called Summit. #BlackOps
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Here we go with the Black Ops multiplayer reveal. I wager you will be impressed.
about 14 hours ago via OpenBeak
Reply Retweet .
geoffkeighley Black Ops event about to get underway.
about 14 hours ago via OpenBeak
Reply Retweet

#2 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Day 1. I like that they're adding so many new features but some of them are not going to work with the amount of cheating that goes on. They need a team to focus and stop cheating asap for modes like Contracts and Betting to work as they should.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

meh.

#4 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

My purchase will depend on two factors; if my local friends get it and if it has some resemblance of balance.

Time for Nite to be a critic. A very pessimistic one at that.

Based on that trailer, I'm probably not going to touch the Wager/Gamble gametypes. It's a game money based system where you earn or steal cash from other players, which is used to buy new weapons. So basically the good players will continue to get richer and gain access to new weapons, while bad players are put at a major disadvantage. Nice, I haven't seen anything that retarded since Rainbow Six: Lockdown.

Aside from that, let's look at each game mode.

One in the Chamber - They should just rename this now. Call it "Camp in a corner."
Sticks and Stones - This actually looks like fun.
Gun Game - So every time I get a kill, I'm going to be unable to fire for about 3 seconds while I swap to a new weapon, one that might not match my current situation. What's worse is that this very problem is presented in the trailer.
Sharpshooter - So every 30 seconds or so I'm going lose the ability to fire for 3 seconds, potentially costing me a kill.

http://www.gametrail...-call-of/703935

More of Nite's complaints.

I hope that Ballistic Knife doesn't make it into regular multiplayer, or at the very least, does not have "Commando" style lunges.

In one of those videos, one guy swaps his shotgun for akimbo...I think Uzis. Sigh...Akimbo is retarded enough, but I really hope they didn't make shotgun or machine pistol secondaries this time around.

Exploding car, nice. Exploding car as a 3 killstreak...uh...no. Look at MW1 and 2, you don't get killstreak that directly kills players until your 5th kill. Hopefully Treyarch will keep their word and killstreak kills will not add to the killstreak. Regardless, I'm not looking forward to walking through a minefield of those things.

To summarize, this is looking more and more like an Unreal Tournament or Quake style fps. So far, I haven't seen any of the Counterstrike elements that we fell in love with when CoD4 was released.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#5 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

meh.

#6 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

Nite, Gungame pretty much originated from Counterstrike, and it was fun as hell. The exactly same thing happens when you get a kill and swap weapons, but it still didn't detract from how much fun it really is. Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to playing "One in the chamber" too. Why the hate on the Wager games? You afraid of losing monies or something? This is the first time in a long time that I've seen companies trying something new for a damn change. I honestly hope this will result in some real adrenaline pumping online matches like I used to have in Chaos Theory because I don't really seem to get that too much anymore. Also no more Martyrdom, Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Nukes, and Death Streaks. You can customize your character along with your gun. All of this and they haven't even shown off what they have in store for zombies.

#7 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,706 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

meh

#8 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Glad I'm getting it for PC then. >_>

#9 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

How do I spell poop noises coming out of my mouth? Also, meh.

#10 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Why are they adding so much extra shit to it? Isn't that why MW2 sucked in the first place? meh
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#11 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

Nite, Gungame pretty much originated from Counterstrike, and it was fun as hell. The exactly same thing happens when you get a kill and swap weapons, but it still didn't detract from how much fun it really is. Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to playing "One in the chamber" too. Why the hate on the Wager games? You afraid of losing monies or something? This is the first time in a long time that I've seen companies trying something new for a damn change. I honestly hope this will result in some real adrenaline pumping online matches like I used to have in Chaos Theory because I don't really seem to get that too much anymore.

"Adrenaline pumping matches" is part of the problem. I can't speak for CoD4, but WaW (and MW2 before the gameplay devolved) is about predicting where your opponent is going to be and doing things intelligently. It's not a reflex game/arcade shooter, but that's all Wager seems to be.

As far as Gungame goes, I pick people off left and right in an average match, and a ~3 second delay in fire time for killing a foe is unacceptable to me. Not to mention that I plan out my playstyle based on what weapon/perks I choose. If going random and delayed fire times is fun for you, I won't get in your way.

I have a feeling you're going to change your mind about "One in the chamber" a few weeks after launch. It will devolve quickly the same way hardcore TDM has (campfest iirc).

If you've played with me recently, you'd know that losing my own game money is the least of my worries. What is a concern is how quickly the gameplay will devolve, since the game rewards better players with more cash and punishes bad players. Since when is being punished in a video game ever fun? People get upset just when their K/D goes down, must less losing game cash. This will lead to a lot of newer players to abandon the playlist very quickly and the playlist population will crash soon after launch. New/Original ideas do not equal good ones, and the entire concept is flawed.

I'd just be happy with regular FFA, considering the current MW2 FFA playlist is unplayable due to nuke boosters. Actually, most of the playlists are unplayable due to some form of gameplay degradation, and there's nothing here to suggest the same won't happen to Wager from what's been revealed.

Also no more Martyrdom, Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Nukes, and Death Streaks.

The removal of Stopping Power is a little odd imo. Sure it's overused, but that's because you had to sacrifice it to gain another effect like camoflauge/cold-blooded. That forced you to change your playstyle from aggressive to more passive/stealthy. Without Stopping Power, everyone will do what's already popular in hardcore and default to camo. The rest are just balance issues and poor mechanics cleanup.

#12 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:44 AM

I think it looks cool. If Reach wasn't coming out and I had the money, I'd probably buy it. I'll probably at least rent it to play through the campaign. If it gets good reviews, I might get it for Christmas. It's about the only game I'm looking forward to this year besides maybe Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Meh. If I knew that it wouldn't be ruined by glitches in the first month and that there are at least three or four 1500 point map packs with nothing in them on the way I might be vaguely interested.

#14 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

If I knew that it wouldn't be ruined by glitches in the first month and that there are at least three or four 1500 point map packs with nothing in them on the way I might be vaguely interested.

PC = Free updates, and I'm sure they're going to include more zombie maps in them like they did with World at War. Zombie mode being the primary reason why I'm getting this game in the first place.

#15 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,706 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

PC = Free updates

Activision = rape your wallet until the leather begins to chafe

#16 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

PC = Free updates, and I'm sure they're going to include more zombie maps in them like they did with World at War. Zombie mode being the primary reason why I'm getting this game in the first place.

So even new maps that are DLC on consoles are "officially" free on the PC?

#17 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Yup.

#18 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

Yup.

I might get it for PC then. Aren't dedicated servers back too?

#19 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

Yup, although I'm not a fan of dedicated servers in certain games. For example, the only server of Domination on CoD4 I can find is a 48 players, sometimes on Shipment...

#20 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

I forget where I read it, but I remember reading that for PC it was going to be 18 players for ranked games, and 24 for unranked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq