#41 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,056 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

ridiculous doesn't cover it. Yeah, Nite, we were there for all that. Through the Javelins, Akimbo 1887s, unlimited CPs... Then when they decided to take their sweet time in fixing the issues, it became pointless to go back. Unfortunately, most of us traded in our copies of CoD4 to get that crap game.

#42 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

You know what's really sad? 360 players didn't even see the worst of it. 360 players saw 1 failed CP fix, and a second much later down the road. Technically, that was the third CP patch. The second didn't pass MS certification after it, IIRC, 1) Disabled PSN and 2) didn't actually fix the glitch either. Now, PC players are getting the short end because IWnet's anti-cheat is crap, so they're currently seeing all the standard CS type hacks.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#43 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

ridiculous doesn't cover it.

Yeah, Nite, we were there for all that. Through the Javelins, Akimbo 1887s, unlimited CPs... Then when they decided to take their sweet time in fixing the issues, it became pointless to go back. Unfortunately, most of us traded in our copies of CoD4 to get that crap game.

I still have COD4. I thought about playing it the other day, doubt it has much of a player base though.

#44 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Blacks Ops 3D on all platforms.

If somebody knows, remind me why people say 3D is impossible on the 360? Doesn't it have something to do with the HDMI standard not being capable of handling it or something, while DVI does?

#45 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

Since this is coming out in two days, I decided to take another look at it. Sadly, I've got a crapload of exams coming up in the next two weeks, so even if I buy it early, I won't play it until then. It's probably a good thing anyway, as it took everyone 2 weeks to find all the broken aspects of MW2.

So I caught this over at gamespot.com, and it's basically just an hour long showcase. Wager looks just as bad as I expected, but the other game modes towards the beginning actually looked pretty good. Standard Domination looked great, especially since nobody, and I mean nobody was noob tubing, knife running, etc. I've always said that MW2 was golden when it worked, but the game imbalances and trash maps prevented it from ever getting there.

The Pro version for all perks has been revealed;

Tier 1

Lightweight/Pro - Move Faster/No Fall Damage.
Scavenger/Pro - Replenish Ammo and Lethal Grenades/Extra Magazines and Replenish Tactical Grenades. Does not replenish Launcher or Equipment ammo.
Ghost/Pro - Invisible to Spy Plane and SR-71 Blackbirds/Undetectable by Aircraft, Sentry Guns, and Infrared Devices. No crosshair on name when targeted.
Flak Jacket/Pro - Explosive Damage is reduced and capped at 75% of maximum health, so it actually matters in Hardcore. Only getting stuck will still result in death./Reset fuse on picked up grenades (Toss Back) and reduced flamethrower damage (Fireproof). It's also not worthless like the Blast Shield was, which didn't save you if regular grenades were right on top of you, and did effectively nothing against someone using Danger Close.
Hardline - One less kill needed for killstreaks/Get a different result from your care package (which is pretty worthless imo).

Tier 2
Hardened/Pro - Increased surface penetration/Increased bullet damage to killstreaks and reduces recoil when taking damage.
Scout/Pro - Increases hold breath time/Switch Weapons Faster
Steady Aim/Pro - Increased hipfire accuracy/Aim Down Sight faster and recover from knife lunges faster.
Slight of Hand/Pro - Reload Faster/Aim Down Sight Faster, EXCEPT WITH SNIPER RIFLES! WOOT!
Warlord/Pro - Two Attachments to primary weapon/Start with additional lethal/tactical grenade

Marathon/Pro - Increased Sprint Duration/Unlimited Sprint Duration.
Ninja/Pro - Reduced volume footsteps/Increased enemy footstep volume. They wrapped my two favorite Tier 3 perks into one. *Sniff* Although I'm curious to know if Ninja Pro will cancel Ninja, although Sitrep Pro didn't cancel Ninja in MW2.
Second Chance/Pro - When you die, take an additional 10 seconds to respawn. Allies/Enemies can reduce this time. Guaranteed to last 2 seconds/Take an additional 15 instead.
Hacker/Pro - Detect enemy equipment/Booby Trap Care Packages, turn enemy killstreaks and equipment friendly, and remain undetected by Motion Sensors.

Tactical Mask/Pro - Reduces the effects of Nova Gas/Reduces the effects of Flashbangs and Stuns, reveals positions of flashed/stunned enemies.

In addition, I pulled this from GAF. I only knew about half this stuff. My comments are in ().

Balance Tweaks
In addition to adding new features to the game, Treyarch has implemented a number of fundamental gameplay and balance tweaks designed to address a number of key complaints from the Call of Duty community.

No More Killstreak Stacking
In a first for the series, kills earned by using your killstreak rewards will no longer continue to build your killstreak. (No more camping for higher level killstreaks!)

No More Stopping Power/Juggernaut/Danger Close
Stopping Power, Juggernaut, and Danger Close (a.k.a. Sonic Boom) have been staple perks of the franchise ever since Call of Duty 4, but no longer. This opens up a wealth of new options for class customization, as you will no longer have to sacrifice increased health or damage for a more tactical perk. (I don't like the loss of Stopping Power, but I like everything else I see here and in the rest of the perks for the most part)

Going Commando Is Out of Style
Yes, Commando is gone. In its place is the Ballistic Knife, a secondary melee weapon that fires blades in a straight line. You get one shot before reloading, and only two shots total. The days of teleporting super ninjas are over! (I find it sad that the removal of a dumb mechanic is a feature)

No More Noob Tube Rain
Modern Warfare 2 had its share of problems, but none was worse than the seemingly endless shower of explosive rounds (i.e., noob tubes). Not only has the One Man Army perk been completely removed, but the Scavenger perk will also no longer restore grenade launcher rounds. If you need the noob tube to get kills, you're only going to get two shots with it per life, and you can't use an explosive perk as a crutch to make it stronger. (Treyarch understands that infinite explosives break the game)

Who Needs Deathstreaks?
Arguably the worst new idea in Modern Warfare 2, Deathstreaks will not make an appearance in Black Ops multiplayer. (Deathstreaks might as well have not existed. This is by far from the worst idea in MW2, features that break the game (OMA, Commando) or reduce enjoyment (No Party Chat) are much worse.)

Quickscoping Crutches Removed
In Modern Warfare 2, the Sleight of Hand Pro perk would radically increase the sight time of your weapon. This caused "quickscoping" (a technique where a sniper will quickly raise his sights and immediately fire) to be much more effective than it should have been. And even though the Sleight of Hand Pro perk returns, it has been confirmed that it will have no effect whatsoever on sniper rifles. (Quickscoping was is supposed to be a desperation move, MW2 made it a tactic).

Grenades and Equipment are distinct again
Modern Warfare 2 lumped all grenades and deployable equipment into the same category, which was a departure from previous entries in the series. This time around, grenades and equipment are two separate categories, allowing you to have equip both a grenade and a claymore once again. (Not a big deal imo.)

Shotguns Are Primary Weapons Again
This change is fairly self-explanatory; you can no longer equip a long-range assault weapon and a short-range shotgun in the same class. (Finally, balance actually means something)

Dive To Prone
Treyarch is introducing a brand-new multiplayer mechanic called "Dive To Prone." If you press and hold the crouch button while running, your character will execute a diving maneuver, quickly lowering their hitbox during their animation, but preventing them from firing until they have landed and recovered. This will prevent sprinting dropshots, although regular dropshotting is still possible. (Meh)

Xbox Live Party Chat
XBox 360 gamers rejoice! Party Chat is now enabled in all playlists aside from Search and Destroy.(Disabling Xbox Live features is just flat out retarded)

EDIT: People are claiming Care Package Glitch is back. I'll be keeping an eye on it. FML if true.

In the meantime, here's a stream from someone who's got more contacts in industry than I do :(. The password is "private", no quotations.

EDIT: Looks like Activision is taking down all the live streams for Black Ops. Kotick, please die in a fire.

#46 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

Care Package Glitch Confirmed :(

#47 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

Care Package Glitch Confirmed :(

I'm at work so I can't get youtube. There's a care package glitch already in Black Ops?

#48 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Meh, what do you expect when Treyarch just modifies Infinity Ward's stuff and releases a "new" game? That being said, I like the features in the quote. Especially the removal of killstreak stacking. I might pick it up used after Christmas.

#49 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

That video's been removed by Failvision (who also removed live streams, aka free promotion). The guy wanted to show that the glitch works, but there were edits because he didn't want to reveal how it's performed. But the way he shot it makes it very difficult for me to think that he's faking it. There's a thread about it on Treyarch's forums, but it's so jammed right now I can't even look at it. Supposedly Treyarch has acknowledged the glitch and are already working on a patch. [nerdrage]OPEN BETA TEST YOUR GAMES! SERIOUSLY![/nerdrage]

#50 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

I was thinking about getting fable 3 or black ops this weekend. Its looking like fable 3 is a winner. I will probably get black ops for xmas

#51 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

If the care package glitch still exists, I haven't seen it yet. Treyarch's been quiet about it for a good reason, and Activision's been removing all video evidence as well. Supposedly it's been fixed in the launch patch. Then again, with all the evidence gone, I can't even go back to check and see if there was foul play in the videos. There's no way to verify its existence, so it's time to just let it go...

In the meantime, I gave Kotick $60 bucks last night and so far, it seems well worth it. With the exception of the RC-XD killstreak, things seem a lot more balanced, and the game is much more like CoD 4 and WaW. The money system is actually getting in the way a little bit when it comes to weapons, equipment, etc. but it makes getting perks a lot easier. As far as maps go, the only bad one I've played is Nuketown because the spawn system is LOL, but that map was designed to be a joke from the beginning.

Den Kirson already has weapon info up on his site. If you don't know who he is, he hacks the game files and extracts stats and miscellaneous information. I want to mention a few things that caught my eye.

At first, I thought the M16 did more damage than in MW2, but it turns out they just extended the range on that weapon. Everything else looks pretty much the same for whatever reason. It seems kinda silly to me to have it be a level 1 unlock with a buff. Then again, the lack of Stopping Power is a general nerf. Idk, I still drop kids in 1/2 a second with it.

Speaking of the lack of Stopping Power, I noticed one of the PSG-1 sniper rifle is the only sniper with a 1.1x multiplier to the torso. Why? Without Stopping Power, this has no meaningful effect. Also, the only sniper with 1.5x on the torso is the L96A1, and it has additional multipliers on the upper arm. That probably means it's the only bolt action sniper in the game, aka the only one worth using. No more semi-auto snipers with the same damage as a bolt action *Cough* Barret *Cough*

The M14 looks like it does a stupid amount of damage compared to other rifles, so much that I want to say it's a single shot rifle. I'll check that out tonight, but the stats just look ridiculous.

#52 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the impressions, Niterider. I have the game but haven't had time to play yet. I'd like to hear from the other guys here, too. What do y'all think so far?

#53 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

Are there nukes? What are all the different killstreaks? Is it annoying that they have those unrealistic RC cars after 2 kills?

#54 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm not until I see this thing is actually balanced and not full of game-breaking balance issues or glitches. I may get it eventually for the campaign.

#55 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, I had to vote for no, too. It's hard, though, because I had so much fun with CoD 2 & 4, and MW2 was fun for a couple weeks until the idiocy started happening. This game looks so damn good, too.

#56 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Are there nukes? What are all the different killstreaks?

Is it annoying that they have those unrealistic RC cars after 2 kills?

No nuke, though one does go off at the end of every match, it's not KS related. I read this in one of the reviews.

Question #2: I don't see how it couldn't be...

On a side note, it's only 5:28 where I am... You're posting FROM THE FUTURE!!! HOLY CRAP! I AM TOO!!!

Edited by JCTucker, 10 November 2010 - 02:30 PM.

#57 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

Wait, so you can't get a nuke to end the match? Wow, bummer.

#58 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

No but there could be a Halo Array to end the match. *cough cough*

#59 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

Haha. I played a few games of MP last night but quit after I dropped from my party's lobby for the third time.

#60 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

I'll get it eventually for the campaign, but I think I'll avoid the multiplayer for a while (at least until after the first round of patches).
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq