Mass Effect 3

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,964 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

Best thing about Mass Effect 2 for the PC is that if you have lost your save file from ME1, or like me played ME1 on the 360 instead, you can pick and choose from a wide range of save files other folks have put online or you can download an application that lets you reconstruct your save file including your Sheppard's appearance and the choices and decisions you made in the previous game.

I'll be playing ME3 on the PC for sure. Hopefully I'll have a new build by then so it will look miles ahead of the console versions.

Definitely a title to play on the PC. Mass Effect 2 was fucking fantastic. Looked amazing, ran smooth as butter. I just reformatted recently, but once I reinstall it I'll take some screenshots. It was breathtaking.

#22 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Do we really need to use spoilers here when discussing ME2 etc? It's been out nearly a year.

If you guys don't want the tags, I'll make this into a spoiler thread. Until then, keep the tags.

One of my problems with choosing the PC or Xbox version of ME2 was the ability to import my ME1 character. When I bought ME1, I didn't have a computer at the time that could run it, so when I bought ME 2 I was kinda locked in already if I wanted to see how my Paragon choices changed the game. Same thing would happen with ME3 if not for this site. It's basically a bunch of save files you can import into ME2. I might use this and pick up ME2 for PC when it's cheap (it's already 20 on Steam and just about every store) to be ready when ME3 launches.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#23 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,964 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

Well, you can completely build your own savefile from scrath nowadays (sans choices, but I hear they're working on that).

http://www.masseffec...torial=saveEdit

Really no reason to get the Xbox version when you can just remake your save. It takes a little time, but it's more than worth it to play the PC version.

#24 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Nifty. I'll have to see if I can just make a file here and import it straight into ME3 when it comes out.

#25 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Replace crew loyality quests with species' loyality quest, sprinkle in a suicide mission at the end, replace the 2 with a 3 and bingo. I cud desan gaemes.

Dude. You should totally send your resume to Bioware. That's exactly what they do.

When they want a new franchise, they just replace something with something else. The game, though, remains the same.

Instead of Jedi Knights in space, we're gonna have kung-fu monks on land. Instead of kung-fu monks on land, we're gonna have Spectres in space. Instead of Spectres in space, we're gonna have knights on land. See how it comes full circle?

That being said, as soon as I can pick up ME2 for less than $10, I'll finally give it a go. Maybe even Dragon Age, too...

Edited by JCTucker, 14 December 2010 - 09:44 AM.

#26 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

I would do that tucker, mass effect 2 is 20 bucks right now at game stop. That's worth the price for such an amazing game. Hell even 50 bucks was worth it when the game came out.

#27 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

That being said, as soon as I can pick up ME2 for less than $10, I'll finally give it a go. Maybe even Dragon Age, too...

$11

#28 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

$11

That's not $10... I have principles, dammit!

#29 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

I think you're just cheap ;) Not that I'm innocent by any means.

#30 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

No, Amy's cheap... I don't buy anything without clearance....

#31 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

Dude after shiping and handling with amazon what's another 5 bucks to just drive down to gamestop and get it the same day? That's pretty cheap you guys. Lol

#32 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,964 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

You don't use Amazon Prime? For shame. Also, depending on how far he lives from a Gamestop, gas might cost just as much as shipping. Even if I didn't have Prime it's always cheaper just to have it shipped.

#33 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

It was free shipping at the time, Crucified. I was more concerned about taxes.

You don't use Amazon Prime? For shame.

I see no reason to pay $79 a year for "free" shipping when the accumulated shipping costs for my entire family wouldn't reach that. More power to you if it saves you money.

#34 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:36 AM

Well I gues I forget you guys go to college or somthing, so you have to save every penny you get. Me I don't go to school any more, me and my wife have pretty good jobs so I have the luxary of splurging every once and a while.

#35 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:50 AM

You don't use Amazon Prime? For shame.

Also, depending on how far he lives from a Gamestop, gas might cost just as much as shipping. Even if I didn't have Prime it's always cheaper just to have it shipped.

What is Amazon Price?

Gamestop is 0.9 miles from my house. It was a factor in the decision to purchase my home. Not a major one, but a factor...

#36 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Amazon Prime is free for students.

http://www.amazon.co...ent/signup/info

I think it's still active but I could be wrong.

#37 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,964 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

What is Amazon Price?

Gamestop is 0.9 miles from my house. It was a factor in the decision to purchase my home. Not a major one, but a factor...

Free two-day shipping on everything that Amazon stocks or fulfills. Cheap (usually ~$5) overnight shipping.

It's great for me who lives in buttfuck nowhere, but if you're less than a mile away from Gamestop, it means you're probably close to other large stores as well. I wouldn't bother unless you buy shit from Amazon ALL THE TIME.

#38 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Wal-Mart Tucker. DO IT!

#39 Arcys

Arcys

Nothing but the rain.

• 53 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

If you have a PS3, wait for it to launch on that platform. It's was built with the new ME3 engine, so it should look super awesome fun time.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for I am missing my amygdala.

#40 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,964 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Uh... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq