Halo 2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

Effective immediately, the Halo 2 Xbox Live Leaderboards are no longer being displayed on Bungie.net. Player rankings and stats are untouched and nothing else has changed. Also, you may already notice "Team Hardcore" appearing on the player stat page. Please note that this playlist has not actually be uploaded to Live yet. This should be happening within the next few hours.
As we first mentioned two weeks ago, the Halo 2 Leaderboards are officially gone from Bungie.net. This is something we've discussed at length for quite a while and ultimately we feel that the Leaderboards are not worth keeping. Unfortunately the leaderboards ended up being a shrine for cheaters and hackers and for the most part did nothing but cause legitimate players pain.

We don't have the resources to manually investigate and monitor every single player on the Leaderboards nor do we feel that is warranted. That is time and energy better spent on creating new playlists and making the core online experience better for everyone. Keep in mind that only a tiny percentage of actual players are affected by the Leaderboards - only 1,000 of several hundred thousand ever make the list. The amount of work required to cater to this small minority compared to the overall return for the community just isn't worth it.

We sincerely apologize to the few players out there who have played hundreds of legitimate games to work your way up the leaderboards. You will still keep your rankings and your stats as a token of your l337 skillz. Unfortunately the reality is that the vast majority of people who do appear on the leaderboards have only got there through some form of cheating.

Your rankings and player stats will remain unchanged and there will be no noticeable difference in Halo 2 other than the absence of the "Top 1000" lists on the Bungie.net stats page.

Later today the "Team Hardcore" playlist is being added to Halo 2 Matchmaking on Xbox Live. In preparation for this update, the website components have already been activated which means you may notice "Team Hardcore" showing up on your player stat page. You will not currently see this playlist in game, on Xbox Live. That should be happening within the next few hours. We'll post an update once the playlist is officially up and running.

Bungie.net

#2 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

This almost sounds like a white flag on Bungie's work to separate cheaters and honest gamers on Live. Their efforts have outdone any other publisher with Live functionality, but I'm really hoping 360 will change the way we put up with cheaters. I'll have to drop in and play when it goes up.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#3 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

Good riddance.

#4 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

I agree, the cheaters were always like 80% of the damn leaderboards it's about time they decreased the incentive for fags. Now I can just ball outrageous.
don't tread on me

#5 MCPO RaZ

MCPO RaZ
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

Almost 4 years later: We still have issues, yet they are not as great.

Historical Significance:
This thread and its responses were created on my marriage anniversary.

Edited by MCPO RaZ, 02 February 2009 - 07:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq