• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:50 AM

Question: How's the performance of Halo 2 on the 360? I've heard some weird rumors on message boards like the controls aren't as responsive on the 360 controller as they are on the regular xbox, frame rate issues, etc. Any of you guys noticed anything? It's kind of funny, my friend's room mates both bought xbox 360s and the only game they've even played on it was Halo 2- non stop. The funny thing is, these guys play more Halo 2 than anyone I've ever met, and they're still legit level 20s. Ha Ha Ha. They are pretty descent stand still snipers though- they can usually kill a guy in only one clip :lol: .

#2 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

Question: How's the performance of Halo 2 on the 360? I've heard some weird rumors on message boards like the controls aren't as responsive on the 360 controller as they are on the regular xbox, frame rate issues, etc. Any of you guys noticed anything?

Halo 2 looks almost exactly the same as it does on the Xbox. Just a few things that I noticed that are different are that when I play on Lockout it doesn't load the white mist so I can see the whole map clearly and it makes the map look a whole lot better. Cutscenes on singleplayer are not as choppy anymore since the 360 is able to load up the textures faster. It's easier to change my grenades and talk to you guys in multiplayer because of the shoulder buttons (left shoulder = talk, right = grenade switch.)

Having a wireless controller, there is absolutely zero delay when I play any of the games. I can be 30 feet away from my TV and still be able to play if I wanted to, without a delay. The frame rate is actually better on Halo 2 during a lot of action on your screen like when 2-3 grenades explode in front of you it doesn't slow down at all.

#3 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:23 AM

Awesome, that's good to hear. It's too bad that you can't map the bumper buttons, i wanted oh so bad to B-X-B with the bumpers, but that would have been pretty cheap. Good to hear that they at least transitioned Halo 2 to the 360 well, now if they can just get some backwards compatibilty patches for Breakdown, Splinter Cell, and Doom 3; I might be able to get rid of the big black box.

#4 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:31 AM

Just a few things that I noticed that are different are that when I play on Lockout it doesn't load the white mist so I can see the whole map clearly and it makes the map look a whole lot better.

That glitches up for me every once in a while, first few times I was like what the shit is wrong with my Lockout. I think it looks worse without the snow, much more jagged. But hey remember when we played with Caboose? Yeah that was fun.
don't tread on me

#5 Guest_Self Induced_*

Guest_Self Induced_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:32 PM

How about Halo 1? How much has it improved, if at all?

#6 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

^^ Go into Halo 1 and smack an Elite over and over. Let us know what happens.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#7 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

How the fuck are you still here Self Induced?

#8 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:13 PM

It's Bigfoot!!!

#9 Guest_Self Induced_*

Guest_Self Induced_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:28 PM

How the fuck are you still here Self Induced?

I snuck in through the back window.

#10 MCPO RaZ

MCPO RaZ
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

I know this is an old topic but I will add my 2 cents. I just made a Lengendary run on Cairo and I noticed that the poppy textures are still present but the strafing abilitiy is tighter. That might be my own mind playing tricks on me, yet it seemed tighter. The only question I ask is... how can the 360 process information faster on code that hasn't changed? Ghetto Boys - "My minds playing tricks on me."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq