Link

"Halo 3 set to come out March or April of 2007. Not Fall 2007."

April fools, anyone?

#2 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

Both rumors would be very cool if true. I would actually get the 360 version of PSU if that rumor was, since I was a rather big PSO addict. I really can't imagine an official Bungie worker giving away those sort of details though, unless it was a MS employee, even Bill Gates slips up with Halo 3 every now and then...

#3 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

Both rumors would be very cool if true.

So very true. I was thinking the same thing about PSU, but everytime I went back to wanting it again I kept remembering the monthly fee.

But seriously, if this rumor is true then Bungie has to show something at X06/TGS.

#4 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

...if this rumor is true...

How often does that happen?

#5 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

Should that be a true statement, we won't see just a trailer, but I'm sure there would be confirmation on that release date. I do not believe in any of that information being detailed the slightest at TGS or X06. It's not realistic. Bungie can't release the final Halo this fast and not have a wicked-clever hype campaign. That's just me putting my negativity foot-first.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#6 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:48 AM

Sounds like just a guess to me about something that could happen. I wouldn't even consider this one sentence a rumor because it has no details, just pure speculation.

#7 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

I just got the phone call from GameStop.

$5 - Regular
$10 - Collectors
$25 - Legendary

#8 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

So the Legendary edition is 100 smackers. Which one did you throw down towards Gamble?

#9 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

I'm not doing it right now. If I did pre order now, it would probably be the regular version.

#10 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:58 PM

Jeez, it's a hard decision when first presented. I want the MC head, but I really don't need it, or the thrown together bullshit extras. I'm thinking just a Collectors will do fine.
I got your back, Dual.

#11 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

I'm almost certainly getting regular and my bro-in-law will almost certainly get Legendary, so I'm set.

#12 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

I'm almost certainly getting regular and my bro-in-law will almost certainly get Legendary, so I'm set.

Yeah I am more than likely getting the Collectors also. Legendary sounds cool, but at $100.00, i'm okay.

#13 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:09 PM

I called EB Games today asking about the wireless headset which they'll get tomorrow, and when I asked about the Halo faceplate they told me that reserves for H3 start tomorrow. He said $5 for the regular, $10 for collector's, and before he could say "$25" for legendary I asked him "how much for legendary?" He said $25 and asked if I knew what was in it, I of course told him the whole thing about the helmet and four discs. He didn't know how much the total cost of the Legendary would be, so I figured that if it's $20 to reserve the $200 HD-DVD player it would be about $250 for the Legendary. I was perturbed but had quickly decided I would buy it anyway, I have to have it. It's a major relief to find out that it's only $100, so I'm preordering two. One for me to get on day one, and another to save and sell later. The website says the Legendary sku is extremely limited edition, the only thing I've ever seen that was really limited was the SC Chaos Theory collector's with the sweet ass painted metal box which I love, and you could only get if you reserved it and there was never anymore to be found after the game came out unless you went on ebay. I might only end up buying one Legendary but I'm still reserving two, and I'm reserving one of each of the other skus. You guys know me, I must have all of them so I'm also getting the Collector's edition on day one, and I'll wait for a bunch of price drops on the regular and eventually buy that one for $30 or so. Yeah I know, I'm still Bungie's bitch. Oh well.

#14 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

Bungie would like to thank Ivan for the new pop machine and arcade cabinet in the Lobby.

#15 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

I'll probably just get the Collector's Edition because it's Halo 3. I really don't feel like paying $100 for a head plus shit I can see on the Internet less than a week after release.

#16 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

Predicted.

#17 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

All this collectors/limited edition stuff is a bunch of crap. Just about every major game does it now and they are just rinky-dinky metal cases with some stupid extras. Just an easy way for publishers to charge an extra $10. They aren't that special when everyone has them. Now the legendary edition is interesting, mainly because it is so different, but I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't so limited after all. It is bad enough that games cost $60 this gen, it is even worse when they are charging $70 and $100. This kind of stuff is getting out of control, and the issue isn't me not having money, it is just the point that they are charging for such ridiculous items that have very little to do with games. Tonight I pre-ordered the regular-edition Gears of War. I don't see the point in an oversized metal case which doesn't fit with any other DVDs or games. Actually in my opinion I felt like the regular-edition case of Halo 2 looked better than the LE. /rant off

Edited by jesusphreak, 31 October 2006 - 06:28 PM.

#18 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

If GoW has new concept art not seen before, then I think it's worth it. But, usually you are just paying $10 for the metal case.
I got your back, Dual.

#19 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:07 PM

I just pre-ordered my copy of the Halo 3 Collector's Edition. Apparently I'm the first one to do so at that store. They also said "it's looking like we'll get Gears on the 12th." Those bastards.

#20 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:13 PM

I'm getting the regular editions of everything. I never watched the LE DVD in H2, and I saw all the content online anyways. The helmet is cool, but I'd never hear the end of what a geek I am from friends. Most aren't gamers, so they just don't understand I guess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq