Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#21 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:24 PM

I'm going to really have to think about which one to get. I'll be playing Gears of War on the 7th.

#22 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

I reserved both the Collector's and Legendary today. I was the 2nd person.

#23 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

Hah! :bunny: Finally used da bunny.

#24 tally

tally

Elite

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

First Pre-order in - Legendary! :bunny:

#25 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:11 PM

I'll go either Regular or Collector (depending on how cool the case is- I like the metal H2 case better, even if it represents some of the low points in my Halo fandom)- I don't want to end up with a big Master Chief helmet representing Halo 2.5 if that's how H3 turns out. There was a time (i.e. before Halo 2) when I would have jumped on that helmet faster than you can say "Dirty dirty hooker," even with a $100 price tag. Now? Not likely. Of course, all Bungie has to do to (possibly) change my mind. Is show me two things: 1) Pistol (of the D variation and non-NERFed, kthx) 2) Non-lunging melees It's their call- make Syracuse happy plz... :sad:

#26 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:57 PM

First Pre-order in - Legendary! :bunny:

Awesome! Nice to see I'm not the only smart person around here.

#27 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

Awesome! Nice to see I'm not the only one sucking off Bungie at every opportunity.

Fixed. (and no offense to tally)

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

Fixed. (and no offense to tally)

News Flash! Almost everyone here sucks off Bungie. Including you, cuse, and most of the clan.

#29 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

I also LOL'd at the thought that Ivan has chosen tally (with 3 posts, a default avatar and a truly original member title) as "intelligent." tally, I'll bet you've honed your ability to use the sword to a razor sharp edge using such difficult to master tricks as jumping or strafing right. Maybe someday, could you release a montage with homing rocket Triple Kills and sword Kill Frenzies? I would LOVE to see that. Thanks.

Yes. I am one hardcore Halo fan, without a doubt. I bought books, action figures (the HALO ONE Master Chief, complete with pistol and AR, a HALO ONE Elite who I'm sure knows only how to say "Wort", and a Brute, which I bought a month or so before Halo 2 came out- little did I know that Brutes, and the Halo 2 campaign in general, would be a large disappointment). I even bought a Halo Collector's Edition Xbox- notice how there is absolutely no numeral following "Halo"- it was after the FIRST game. I dare Bungie to make a Halo 2 Collector's Edition Xbox. I won't touch it. Fuck that. Half of the reason I bought the HCE 'Box in the first place was the fact that I was an early adopter (12-24-2001 thanks entirely to HALO ONE), and my DVD Drive was starting to give dirty disc errors. I was (much like you for Halo 3, Ivan, if not the first then certainly) one of the first people to preorder Halo 2 at my Gamestop, straight Collector's Edition, thank you very much. I preordered what I expected to be a sequel to my favorite game ever. I got a very good game, but not a sequel. Halo 2 is an entirely different game, tailored to an entirely different set of video gamers, you and tally among them, apparently. The rampant and inexplicable changes have served to alienate me and many other fans who were nothing but hardcore Bungie wh0res before Nov. 9th. Bungie is no longer the untouchable God of videogame development in my eyes- they make great games (but so do a myriad of other companies). The universe that I got hooked to with Halo 1 is still full of amazing stories. Halo 3 will undoubtedly be an unbelievable experience, from Campaign to Multiplayer. But if Bungie wants me to shell out $100 for a set that does nothing but scream out "Hardcore Bungie Fan" they have to prove to me that they're actually developing this game for the hardcore fans. Makes sense to me, but surely I'm the unintelligent one for not throwing fat wads of cash at a company that has made every possible effort to alienate me, one of the fans who was key in their success in the first place...

It's called capitalism. I'm voting with my dollars. And my dollars don't pay for the Helmet-bound edition of a game with lunges, homing rockets, auto-aim out the ass, bullets that move too fast, and no go-to weapon.

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

You know that intelligent comment was just me trying to peer pressure you guys into getting it because I think it's cool, I have no doubt you're intelligent cuse. Quit being such a snob to someone new who you don't even know. The point of my last post is to point out that you're still Bungie's bitch, maybe not as much as me, but still nonetheless. Even after H2.

#31 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

Perhaps even more so than you because of H2, and the big gaping emptiness it left in my fanboy heart.

P.S. Tally, I'm sure you're a very nice person. I'm not. Sorry. As a token of my apology, please accept my promise to snipe your face off on Valhalla. Numerous times. Welcome to the board. Not everyone's as stuck up as I.

#32 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

OMG 'Cuse. You have a warning lol. How'd you get it? :o
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#33 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:11 AM

Wow, Cuse, soon you and Van can form a club..of the Warned! Bungie ought to take a cue from Team Ninja when making sequels: forget changing gameplay dynamics, just make Master Chief's boobs bounce independently, and you will get no complaints from anybody.

#34 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:26 AM

Wow, Cuse, soon you and Van can form a club..of the Warned!

Bungie ought to take a cue from Team Ninja when making sequels: forget changing gameplay dynamics, just make Master Chief's boobs bounce independently, and you will get no complaints from anybody.

I'm actually not a big fan of the water balloon physics in either of those games, to be honest. That shit is just so distracting and fake, of course so are their boobs themselves, as every single girl in that game is like a 38DDD. There's something to be said for proportions, Mr. Itagaki. Stop fapping to fake girls and talk to some real ones every once in a while.

#35 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:29 AM

Those DOA girls are just lucky. They have no education. I doubt they even finished high school. They just get around because of their beauty and fighting tallent.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#36 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

I'm actually not a big fan of the water balloon physics in either of those games, to be honest. That shit is just so distracting and fake, of course so are their boobs themselves, as every single girl in that game is like a 38DDD. There's something to be said for proportions, Mr. Itagaki. Stop fapping to fake girls and talk to some real ones every once in a while.

I used to feel the same way, but after seeing some of the Japanese models they call "idols," I'm not so convinced the boob-fakery is his fault as much as a cultural development.

P.S. The boob bouncing just hasn't been funny to me since the first installment.

P.P.S. I think this post calls for the :bunny:

P.P.S. If I get anything other than the regular edition, it'll be due to an onset of acute financial stupidity.

#37 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:52 AM

Word. And the regular edition will probably have a really cool picture of Valhalla on the front. Secksy. Way secksier than water balloons.

#38 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:35 AM

yeah, even if those water balloons do have implied nipples...

#39 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:54 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I'm leaving work right now because I just read that I can preorder Halo 3 right this damn minute. Oh, hell yes. Out the door, bitches! I don't care if they'll let me leave or not, I'm outtie!

#40 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

Your Local Cinematographer and Photographer

• 623 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

I'm thinking just a Collectors will do fine.

Same here.
XBL:RetroShadow
AIM:RetroShadow1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq