Photo

Gears of War 2

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:27 AM

Behold! A tremendous quantity of Jews! -- I mean, Juice!

#222 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

Anyone want to play some Horde tonitight? GT: xCakeTownx ( One day I will break free of the x's )

Edited by CakeTown, 28 November 2008 - 12:25 PM.

twitter: @bradenbullen

#223 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

Finally beat this game last Friday, damn amazing. Definitely going to buy it. I better have some people here that want to do some Horde mode. =x

#224 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Hey, I still haven't beaten the campaign. If anybody plans on being online later tonight and can take a break from Left 4 Dead, then I would appreciate a Dom (or a Marcus, if you're anal about that sort of thing) (and racist).

#225 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

One more time: I'm in the last act, so close to being done. If anyone wants to help, I've hit a bug where AI-Dom just hides behind cover during a pretty big battle, and I keep getting raped in the nose for it.

#226 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

NEW GEARS 2 MAPS, CAMPAIGN CONTENT COMING JULY 28 IN ALL FRONTS COLLECTION

Over 5 million gamers have battled the Locust Horde in Gears of War 2 since its launch last fall. To commemorate the milestone, Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games are unleashing Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection, a compilation combining all previous Gears 2 game add-ons with seven all-new multiplayer maps and brand new campaign content. The collection hits retailers on July 28.

Posted Image

GEARS OF WAR 2: ALL FRONTS COLLECTION

The All Fronts Collection is a formidable mountain of Gears 2 content. Containing all of the Gears 2 map packs released to date?the Flashback Map Pack, Combustible Map Pack, and Snowblind Map Pack?All Fronts features the debut of Gears of War 2: Dark Corners, a collection of seven multiplayer maps and a never-before-seen deleted campaign chapter titled ?Road to Ruin.? In this deleted scene, Marcus and Dom return to the Locust Hollow in an action-packed encounter that can be played guns blazing or silent and stealthy.

A few quick notes on the seven new multiplayer maps in the Dark Corners pack:

Allfathers Garden: Don?t get caught up in the beauty?the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders can be a tremendously deadly place. Powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
Memorial: It?s all about the heavy weaponry in Memorial, set near the Eternal Flame at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Take a moment to remember your fallen comrades before using your flanking and evasive skills to take control of the Boomshot and the battle.

Sanctuary: Tight paths, blind corners, and an arsenal of weapons?the Locust-ravaged temple in Sanctuary is no longer the haven of reflection and remembrance it once was.
War Machine: In this abandoned train station, players need to master the Longshot, Mulcher, and Boomshot to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.

Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system. Stick together, separate the enemy, and have an exit strategy ready, or it?ll be a one-way trip.

Way Station: In the limbo between death and ?processing,? you'll find Locust way stations like this one, filled with COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience?it?s best to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.

Nowhere: Set in the middle of the desert, Nowhere is exactly how it sounds: barren and devoid of life. The open air and long lines of sight prove useful for Longshot devotees, but expect some fierce, close combat in the stairwell.

Also included are an introduction to ?Road to Ruin? from Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, a custom Xbox LIVE theme, and a collectible Gears of War 2 poster and strategy guide. An incredible package valued over 3,600 Microsoft Points, available at retailers on July 28 for just $19.99.

For those of you already rocking the previously released Gears 2 map packs, Gears of War 2: Dark Corners will also be available for individual purchase and download from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 1,600 Microsoft Points.

Sounds like a good deal for $20. Another campaign mission is pretty cool too.

#227 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Thank God I held out on all the other maps. I might end up getting this if there's enough interest within the old Friends List.

#228 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

Thank God I held out on all the other maps. I might end up getting this if there's enough interest within the old Friends List.

Same here. I was just about to download the Combustible Mappack when at the last minute decided to wait untill tomorrow. I guess now I`m going to wait untill July. I`ll spend my points on Fallout 3: Broken Steel instead.

That screenshot looks awesome too. I`m guessing the deleted campaign mission takes place when Marcus and Dom are sneaking around underground, kind of like Frodo and Sam in Mordor.

Edited by KrAzY WiSh, 06 May 2009 - 02:56 PM.

GT: KrAzY WiSh

#229 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

I will be getting this, and also on good news, Nightshade finished up classes today, so by getting it, I will actually be able to play it with you fine gentlemen once again.

#230 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

If you already own previous Gears Map Packs, you?ll want this:

Content: Dark Corners Multiplayer Map Pack
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Germany and Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE,STRONG LANGUAGE] This downloadable content pack features 7 new Gears 2 multiplayer maps and a bonus deleted single-player chapter, "Road to Ruin," from the Gears of War 2 campaign. In "Road to Ruin," Marcus and Dom navigate the treacherous Locust highway, choosing stealth or blazing action to survive. For multiplayer fans, the 7 maps include a new War Machine, the much-requested Gears 1 map; Allfathers Garden, a heavy-weapons battle at a COG landmark; Highway, a fight deep in the Locust Hollow; Memorial, a battle at the Tomb of the Unknowns; Nowhere, a firefight in an old motel; Way Station, an unpredictable battlefield with parallel paths; and Sanctuary, a reimagined favorite from Gears for Windows. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

If you don?t already own the previous map packs, you?ll want to download this:

Content: Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection
Price: 1600 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Germany and Japan

Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE,STRONG LANGUAGE] This content pack features all 19 downloadable Gears 2 multiplayer maps and a bonus deleted single-player chapter, "Road to Ruin," from the Gears of War 2 campaign. For multiplayer fans, this pack brings together the complete set of Gears 2 multiplayer maps: Allfathers Garden, Canals, Courtyard, Flood, Fuel Depot, Fuel Station, Gold Rush, Gridlock, Grind Yard, Highway, Mansion, Memorial, Nowhere, Sanctuary, Subway, Tyro Station, Under Hill, War Machine, and Way Station?everything in the Flashback, Combustible, Snowblind, and Dark Corners downloadable packs combined. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

It looks like they've changed pricing and delivery for this content. I don't see it anywhere on a disc, and the entire package can be downloaded for 1600 points. I want to get this. Anyone else here gonna grab this and play the new campagin chapter tonight?

#231 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

It looks like they've changed pricing and delivery for this content. I don't see it anywhere on a disc, and the entire package can be downloaded for 1600 points. I want to get this. Anyone else here gonna grab this and play the new campagin chapter tonight?

I'll probably get this at some point if enough people plan on getting back into Gears Dos again. Otherwise I'm passing.

#232 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

I went ahead and bought the GoW2 All Fronts pack. If anyone else wants to do coop on the new campaign level or check out the new maps hit me up.

#233 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

you do get snowblind and combustible with all fronts right?
XBL: Nuvalari

#234 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

I picked up all fronts in the end. 1600 pts is pretty hefty so i'm giving this dlc quite a bit of play time atm.
XBL: Nuvalari

#235 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

Most of the new maps are actually really well designed and fun to play. Allfather's Garden and Highway are especially good.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#236 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

Look at all that now drinkable juice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq