• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

So this is it. In case you didn't know, today is the last day the original XBL for the original XBOX and Halo 2 will work. Undoubtedly this is the game where we all got started as a group and definitely the game we've all individually played the most over the years since nothing during those 3 years came out to challenge it. Voc, Cocop, Niterider, Falk0r, Self, Merguson and I will definitely be on tonight. I think I saw that Cuse would be on, and I heard deftech would be there. I figure we'll do matchmaking until we have about 6-8 people in the party and then we start a rotation of our favorite gametypes from back in the day. 1 Flag: Terminal, Zanzibar, Lockout, Headlong, Relic; 1-Bomb: Lockout, Headlong, Terminal, Relic, Zanzibar; Multi-Flag/Bomb: Sanctuary, Coagulation, Waterworks, Warlock, Containment, the map with the gas I can't remember now; Slayer: all the maps we like. Remember, get on early and download the maps and patches. Everyone and their mother will be downloading them tonight so it might be slow, be prepared. Also get your custom gametypes ready. Any other ideas let me know. Anyone who's in for tonight post. See you tonight. I got blue team, everyone go green.

#2 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

This will most likely be the last time I ever touch Halo 2. See you all online later.

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

I forgot about Multi-Bomb/Flag on Midship. We have to play some 3 plots too on Midship, Lockout, Terminal and with vehicles on Containment/Coag/Headlong.

#4 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

See you tonight. I got blue team, everyone go green.

Posted Image
"Taste the happy Michael."
"Tastes a lot like sad."

I'll be on from 8-ish Pacific Time on. Let's not linger in Matchmaking for too long once we have a solid party. Last night we got SMG starts on Gemini, then Foundation in successive games... of Big Team Battle. Ugh.

I haven't played Sanctuary since redownloading the maps and I am literally stretching out my shorts in anticipation.

This will most likely be the last time I ever touch Halo 2.

See you all online later.

I keep trying to pretend I'll play through all 4 campaigns solo Legendary before Reach, but realistically this is the last time I'm touching H2, as well, I think.

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:30 AM

Halo 2 is still on, watch it get turned off until tonight.

#6 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

Crazy to think this came out 7 years ago today. It's even crazier where everyone is in their life these days. Who knew some of us would end up at MS.

#7 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'm sensing a Halo 2 HD version between Halo 4 and Halo 5, but yes, I miss those days.

#8 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

I'm sensing a Halo 2 HD version between Halo 4 and Halo 5, but yes, I miss those days.

Day one for me. And this time, there's no excuse not to have the multiplayer with it.

#9 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

It's going to be a Halo 2 map pack for Halo 4. lol

#10 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Day one for me. And this time, there's no excuse not to have the multiplayer with it.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be able to say Halo is all about the campaign if they expect us to purchase a remake of Halo 2.

#11 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just so everyone knows, Halo 2 Vista will be impossible to buy digitally on August 22 (not sure about redeeming retail keys). Also enjoy H2 online while you can:

http://www.polygon.c...nding-july-2014

PS Was there a LAN option in H2V?

PPS This is why I'm afraid of an always online future, Age of Empires Online will literally stop existing July 2014. While not a popular game, this feels really wrong.

#12 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Shit. The memories, mang.

#13 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I know that Cocop, Voc, Dual and I have H2 Vista. I don't know how much it is on the MS marketplace or whatever but it would be cool if any of you guys could get it and we could hop on and do some of those old style matches. Just reading some of those game-types above gives me shivers.

UHYVE, if we have the game even after GFW goes offline we can always just do custom games with one of us or a dedicated server hosting right?

#14 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Good luck getting Voc to game with ya. I haven't seen him on in ages.

#15 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Good luck getting Voc to game with ya. I haven't seen him on in ages.

He'll get on if you let him know in advance. I normally text him and see if he can make it on a weekend. 

#16 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I know that Cocop, Voc, Dual and I have H2 Vista. I don't know how much it is on the MS marketplace or whatever but it would be cool if any of you guys could get it and we could hop on and do some of those old style matches. Just reading some of those game-types above gives me shivers.

UHYVE, if we have the game even after GFW goes offline we can always just do custom games with one of us or a dedicated server hosting right?

Completely forgot that Halo 2 allowed for dedicated servers, assumed it was all through GFWL matchmaking. Suppose it could keep working then. 

Edited by UHYVE, 21 August 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#17 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

I saw Voc sign on to Xbox Live last night, for the record.

#18 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

I saw Voc sign on to Xbox Live last night, for the record.

It's true.  I saw it too.  He hopped on Blacklist and then "disappeared" which I'm guessing means he didn't want to hang out with Blaze, Van and I.

#19 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Wait...are you guys implying that people use xbox live for something other than watching British period dramas on Netflix?

#20 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yayyy, I somehow had missed this Neogaf thread. But it seems possible (you might even say likely) that Halo 1, 2 and 3 are going to be announced for Steam early 2014. Crisis potentially averted. Also, day freaking one. Give me ODST/Reach/4 aswell, I want it all (I'd pay at least £50 to double dip on the entire Halo collection).

I don't suppose someone here knows anything about this...?  :ph34r:

Edited by UHYVE, 25 August 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq