• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Who's getting this? The maps look really good graphically and it's nice they'll all be small.

#2 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Assuming I'm getting this because of the LE I purchased, then yes. Im going to start playing more Halo once my Fragfx controller comes in.

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Cool, I'll be on this playlist starting Mon when it comes out. I love some good 4 vs 4 games.

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'll probably get it.

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Cool, we got DualX and Nizzity. Plus me, Cocop and Voc of course. Merguson are you in for the new maps? I can normally depend on you.

#6 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I have the map pass so I'll play a couple of games at least.

#7 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

These maps actually look cool. Am I to assume, however, that the benevolent "try our maps free" campaign that materialized almost like a happy little accident for the first map pack will not be given a second run? Given the focus on small, symmetrical designs, I could probably be converted if I could play the maps, but I'm honestly not going to buy them based on a few videos. Speaking of the videos - very cool that 343i hired Bravo.

#8 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

These maps actually look cool. Am I to assume, however, that the benevolent "try our maps free" campaign that materialized almost like a happy little accident for the first map pack will not be given a second run? Given the focus on small, symmetrical designs, I could probably be converted if I could play the maps, but I'm honestly not going to buy them based on a few videos. Speaking of the videos - very cool that 343i hired Bravo.

No dude, there won't be a trial run. There wasn't really a trial-run last time, that's just how they positioned their f-up to try and make themselves look cool. I think you should get these maps, there's about 6 of us that will be getting them and there's actually some more balanced choices now in matchmaking for the game in general.

It's a very good thing they hired Bravo. He is the reason the game is more playable now in matchmaking. We have Team Throwdown obviously which is very competitive settings with no AA or perks. We also have a proper Team Objective playlist which is actually playable because there's now a respawn timer in Oddball and KOTH.

#9 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Haha yeah I was being sarcastic about the free trial, it was readily apparent that those 'efforts' were nothing but a screw-up for the first map pack. I visited h00ters last weekend and he said the game grew on him, so I may dip a toe in every now and then. With that said, I think back to that point in time when I quit H4 Multiplayer and I was really not enjoying myself, so I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll try to hop on when you guys are on. Also, I'm not going to buy the map pack until I hear that it's demonstrably better than the maps that shipped with the game - most of those were pretty meh - so if you choose to play with me, I'm now that guy who makes you play default hoppers. Sorry.

#10 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I downloaded the map pack today. I love Monolith and Skyline but I have to say I actually hate the other one(sorry the name escapes me right now). I was a little disappointed that they were all so small but I guess this is kind of the opposite to Crimson, which had vehicles on every map. :D I've been running around for over an hour manically assassinating people to get the "Didn't see it coming" Achievement. Still no joy. :(
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I got on last night and lasted one full game and 2 half games (half games = rage quits, one because of Complex's wonderful layout and the other because of the brilliant combination of the Gauss Hog and wide open spaces). I still don't like this game's multiplayer. After such a prolonged absence I'm pretty bad at Halo, which definitely compounded things, but the bottom line is that the shipping maps give no indication that the designers appreciate anything about the earlier Halos that I did. Why would I pay for more?

One thing I did notice is that Spartan Ops appears to have ended its first season. Any place for me to watch the cut scenes in one fell swoop online?

EDIT: Found them. Story-wise, there seems to have been some very cool stuff going on. The way the whole
Spoiler
concept unfolded suggests that a few people might need to bone up on astrophysics. Chapter 6 of Death By Black Hole and Other Cosmic Quandaries should help rectify some of the gravity, heat, radiation, etc. inconsistencies.

Edited by Syracuse022, 27 February 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#12 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

But the Shield World protected them. LOL

#13 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Anyone up for boosting the Majestic achievements tonight before the DLC Majestic playlist goes away? We need about 4 more people.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq