• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I'm gonna have to temper the excitement a little bit, I'm afraid. If the pistol in play in these videos:
Dammy
Timberland
Is what they're calling the M6D, then some serious wires have been crossed. That thing shoots considerably faster than the M6D ever did. Do not want.

Also, I will NEVER. NOT ONCE. EVER. go into a playlist where the jet pack is an option on Damnation. I threw up in my mouth a little bit watching that.

#22 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Headlong's a Halo 2 map.

#23 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Halo Anniversary isn't a Halo 1 remake.

#24 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

Everything summarised. Lots of links.

http://www.forwardun...st-summary-hub/

#25 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

The link to UK IGN with Headlong isn't working. Is there anywhere else we can see that video?

#26 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Is what they're calling the M6D, then some serious wires have been crossed. That thing shoots considerably faster than the M6D ever did. Do not want.

Honestly, I think the 3-shot pistol is a huge mistake. It is definitely not the same weapon we remember. It's the exact magnum we have now, with no bloom and it takes 3 shots to kill. That's not the M6D, that's just modifying an existing weapon to 3 shots.

#27 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Halo Anniversary Multiplayer Vidoc

You can see Jeremy wearing some headsets in the first minute. And you also see the whiteboard where they first picked out Headlong right underneath Beaver Creek.

I'm glad they decided to mostly keep the original look of the remade maps. Some of the concept art showed Beaver Creek as a human location for example and that would not have felt right.

#28 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Honestly, I think the 3-shot pistol is a huge mistake. It is definitely not the same weapon we remember. It's the exact magnum we have now, with no bloom and it takes 3 shots to kill. That's not the M6D, that's just modifying an existing weapon to 3 shots.

If they keep the M6D the way it appears to be in the ViDoc and IGN gameplay clips, it's an enormous mistake. If the Halo 1 pistol was "overpowered," a 3 shot kill at that rate of fire is just silly.

Is it really possible to tweak the bloom settings but not also tweak rate of fire?

Edited by Syracuse022, 26 August 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#29 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

If they keep the M6D the way it appears to be in the ViDoc and IGN gameplay clips, it's an enormous mistake. If the Halo 1 pistol was "overpowered," a 3 shot kill at that rate of fire is just silly.

Is it really possible to tweak the bloom settings but not also tweak rate of fire?

David Ellis said that the ROF for the bloomless 3SK Pistol will be modified to simulate the original's slower speed.

#30 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Just caught that post from him when I woke up this morning. Thank goodness. Back aboard the hype train.

#31 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

Just caught that post from him when I woke up this morning. Thank goodness. Back aboard the hype train.

I'm not on the hype train yet. Although it's a step in the right-direction to adjust ROF, it's still not the same weapon. I believe the HR magnum is also hitscan, part of the skill required to use the M6D was the fact that you had to lead the target and also adjust for bullet speed.

#32 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

Most popular gametype when I was running the booths at Fest was Zero Bloom, hands down - though we garnered plenty of smiles with the Anniversary mode. I thought I'd easily prefer Ridgeline (Timberland) and Battle Canyon (Beaver Creek) over Solitary (Prisoner) and Penance (Damnation) because they're big and outdoors, but I was wrong. Solitary and Penance are incrediby fun to play, particularly with 3v3 or 4v4. I don't think jetpack has as strong a hold as you'd think because there's not enough cover to let those players escape punishment for going vertical (yeah, went there), especially within a zero bloom/anniversary setting. Also, my favorite two maps were NOT present at Fest this year and they are AMAZING. That is all. :-)

#33 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

Haha we had the opposite expectations - my 3 favorite Halo 1 maps were: 1) Dammy 2) Hang Em 3) Prisoner I knew the Anniversary Map Pack had nailed it once all 3 were confirmed. The other 3 maps are just icing on the cake. I'm okay with no bloom becoming the de facto standard - the M6D is a little bit gimped by its magazine restrictions, and the DMR has more range anyways. I also don't want to see magical weapons like the pro pipe removed from my sandbox. I'll take your word for it on the jet pack judgment, but I still think my ideal gametype post-TU won't have armor abilities. :shrug:

#34 DangerousDave

DangerousDave
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Haha we had the opposite expectations - my 3 favorite Halo 1 maps were:
1) Dammy
2) Hang Em
3) Prisoner

I knew the Anniversary Map Pack had nailed it once all 3 were confirmed. The other 3 maps are just icing on the cake. I'm okay with no bloom becoming the de facto standard - the M6D is a little bit gimped by its magazine restrictions, and the DMR has more range anyways. I also don't want to see magical weapons like the pro pipe removed from my sandbox. I'll take your word for it on the jet pack judgment, but I still think my ideal gametype post-TU won't have armor abilities. :shrug:

I have fond memories of Hang Em High as with smaller player counts a player could camp with a pistol and shotgun in the corridor with the health packs and essentially survive everything except a well-placed rocket through the window by running back and forth.

Timberland was the only map I really loved from Halo PC, but I can't say I have really ever detested any Halo map--just ones I enjoy far more than others. I think the original CE maps were more varied in quality than later entries, but overall have had fairly consistent map sets.

#35 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I can't say I have really ever detested any Halo map--just ones I enjoy far more than others. I think the original CE maps were more varied in quality than later entries, but overall have had fairly consistent map sets.

I've never detested a Halo map except Chiron in Halo 1 and Paradiso in Reach. Outside of that I'm happy to play almost anything.

#36 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Zero Bloom Slayer -This is why we don't do this Really?

#37 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Haha we had the opposite expectations - my 3 favorite Halo 1 maps were:
1) Dammy
2) Hang Em
3) Prisoner

I knew the Anniversary Map Pack had nailed it once all 3 were confirmed. The other 3 maps are just icing on the cake. I'm okay with no bloom becoming the de facto standard - the M6D is a little bit gimped by its magazine restrictions, and the DMR has more range anyways. I also don't want to see magical weapons like the pro pipe removed from my sandbox. I'll take your word for it on the jet pack judgment, but I still think my ideal gametype post-TU won't have armor abilities. :shrug:

Wait, Hang em High is in??!

#38 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Yep, it was shown briefly in the first trailer for Halo Anniversary at E3. You can still see it in the trailer, it looks sick but the rumor is that it's changed some.

#39 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

Headlong is coming back to Halo. There will be the classic Headlong and the Reach variant is called Breakneck.

The map looks awesome is seems very faithful to the original. I love the New Mombasa placement. I hope Valor comes by here because I'm sure he'll be excited to see the Gauss Hog on a map. I really hope they leave the Gauss Hog in as default.

#40 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

The map selection is HOT. Can't wait to get into some non-keyboard&mouse snipers on timberland, crazy ffa rockets on prisoner and epic ctf on headlong ^^ and damnation... easily in my top 5 favourite halo maps along side hang 'em, lockout, chillout and the pit
XBL: Nuvalari

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq