Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

Looks like five rivets per gauntlet to me. The H3 armor has a triangular plate on the gauntlet (as Kinetic said), this one is decidedly square and although the two rivets you're looking for are partially covered in a shadow, they're still there. The other clues would be the darker green and cleaner armor coloration and the fact that he's holding an SMG in each hand. My guess is that either this is completely the work of an artist's hubris - OR - this is a very early and very old piece of concept art, probably dated sometime in 2005. Since it's using some background assets from the announcement trailer, I'll go with the first one. It could be a little bit of both though. As for the vehicle. It appears to be some sort of modified Ghost, but it's really difficult to tell giving the lack of accuracy-compelling visuals throughout the image.

#142 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:08 AM

I think what's really wrong with that picture is the Chief is standing there with two SMGs, and not the Assault Rifle. I'm sure his thoughts are some variation of, "How the hell did I get stuck with these?" SMGs + open desert = owned.

#143 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:09 AM

I think what's really wrong with that picture is the Chief is standing there with two SMGs, and not the Assault Rifle. I'm sure his thoughts are some variation of, "How the hell did I get stuck with these?" SMGs + open desert = owned.

Not if your smart about it. And don't try to hit what you can't kill from a distance. You can fair alright.

Too bad that the SMG isin't like and modern day SMG like an MP5 or something similar. Something that has good distance and can still be very lethal at mid, and close range.

#144 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

Please, tell me, other than fancy dodging, how can you be smart about a gun which, after about 20 feet or so, hits everywhere but where you are aiming (see the pic of the wall in H2's Battle Creek with the "donut" bullet pattern from the SMG)?

#145 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

Very short controlled bursts are your best friend with the SMG at a distance. They will hit things pretty consistently with short controlled bursts; Drew and I tested it on Valhalla. And in single player, you can usually cut down most opponents other than Elites and Brutes with the SMG from a distance. (For the record, my previous statement was based on single player, which is where the art, and his comment (I'm assuming) was coming from. Not multiplayer.)

#146 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

Please, tell me, other than fancy dodging, how can you be smart about a gun which, after about 20 feet or so, hits everywhere but where you are aiming (see the pic of the wall in H2's Battle Creek with the "donut" bullet pattern from the SMG)?

The donut pattern has been removed from all the weapons. Just like Halo 1, everything travels to a random coordinate within a set cone (a cone that expands the longer the trigger is held). It's actually possible to kill someone from very far away with an SMG or Assault Rifle, you've just got to pump the trigger.

Edited by Drew, 22 June 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#147 squick3n

squick3n
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

http://media.xbox360...imgs_1.htmlzune art up. I can't tell if it is higher resolution, or just stretched. My one gripe about the Zune art was that it was too small.

#148 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

http://media.xbox360...imgs_1.htmlzune art up. I can't tell if it is higher resolution, or just stretched. My one gripe about the Zune art was that it was too small.

It's stretched.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq