Photo

Glitch In The Matrix?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

So it occurred to me the other day, obviously when I was bored.

At the end of Halo2, Arbiter and Johnson mount up on one of the Covenant ships and head to earth, in plenty of time to get there before MC.
MC who by the way hitched a ride on a Forerunner ship. Not just any old Forerunner ship, but a Dreadnought.
So how is that possible? According to this
http://halo.wikia.co...pace#Velocities
it seems like the Covenant ships are much faster than humananity's at this point. However the Forerunner tech should be that much again faster than the Covenant given the Covenant lesser understanding in general and imperfect imitation of Forerunner tech.
Thoughts? Was MC actually lying there petrified for a few days?

#2 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

So it occurred to me the other day, obviously when I was bored.

At the end of Halo2, Arbiter and Johnson mount up on one of the Covenant ships and head to earth, in plenty of time to get there before MC.
MC who by the way hitched a ride on a Forerunner ship. Not just any old Forerunner ship, but a Dreadnought.
So how is that possible? According to this
http://halo.wikia.co...pace#Velocities
it seems like the Covenant ships are much faster than humananity's at this point. However the Forerunner tech should be that much again faster than the Covenant given the Covenant lesser understanding in general and imperfect imitation of Forerunner tech.
Thoughts? Was MC actually lying there petrified for a few days?

We don't know if that was the dreadnaught that he landed in on, as the comic bridges the gap, so for all we know, it could've been another forerunner ship that he cruised in on. Also, remember the fact that Halo 2 takes place in November/December 2552, and Halo 3 takes place in February/March 2553. Anything could've happened in the time gap, seeing as the chief didn't know that the Arbiter was allied with us, which means he had little or no contact in that time period.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

Because if Johnson and the Arbiter didn't beat him, the first level of Halo 3 would have been very confusing.

#4 Rtas 'Vadum

Rtas 'Vadum

Shadow of Intent

• 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Because if Johnson and the Arbiter didn't beat him, the first level of Halo 3 would have been very confusing.

More specifically, Bungie wanted your co-op player to be the Arbiter so they could make the co-op campaign seem more "canon". Thats how they got to Earth first.

Edited by Rtas 'Vadum, 20 June 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#5 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

well in the comic book Uprising, the drednought (is it spelled like that?) makes a couple stops in the sol system

#6 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

The keyship was parked in orbit above the Earth for an undisclosed portion of time, as witnessed in Halo: Uprising.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq