Truth & Reconciliation

Halo: CE

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

So I started up a new game of Halo. For some reason the first version has the most charm for me still after playing all 3 many times now. I have played Heroic before, and thought I was a real bad-ass because I was mopping up for most of the game... up until that hanger in T&R near the end of the level, when the marines come in to reinforce you but the Covenant have elevated positions from the second floor. It's driving me a little nuts! I have no sniper rifle, so how the hell are you supposed to get through that part without getting diced up? You have incoming troops on your level with plenty of elites, and then a couple of jerks on the second floor that keep killing your shield before you can even move more than 20 feet out of the entrance door. I don't know how I did it last time.

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

Honestly? You should never drop your sniper rifle on T & R. There's sniper ammo throughout the level (for example, at the other end of the hangar you're having trouble with), so you shouldn't ever be out for long. That said, if you're not interested in restarting the level, it's perfectly possible to clear out the lower level of the hangar by using cover wisely - stick to the areas where the second floor walkways are directly overhead - that way most of the enemies up there won't be able to see you. If you clear out the lower level, Cortana will open the locked door at the far end of the hangar, and you'll be able to take the fight up to those pesky jackals and grunts in a much more up close and personal fashion.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

Honestly? You should never drop your sniper rifle on T & R.

Needs manlier shotgun. What?s the deal with that anyway? You never even touch one until 343 Guilty Spark I believe.

#4 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Honestly? You should never drop your sniper rifle on T & R. There's sniper ammo throughout the level (for example, at the other end of the hangar you're having trouble with), so you shouldn't ever be out for long. That said, if you're not interested in restarting the level, it's perfectly possible to clear out the lower level of the hangar by using cover wisely - stick to the areas where the second floor walkways are directly overhead - that way most of the enemies up there won't be able to see you. If you clear out the lower level, Cortana will open the locked door at the far end of the hangar, and you'll be able to take the fight up to those pesky jackals and grunts in a much more up close and personal fashion.

Ah, that does make sense. I used up most of the Sniper ammo getting into the ship and then the rest on the very irritating stealthed Elites in the entry hanger.
I was hoping someone would drop a pistol, I've practically played the entire game so far with the good old trusty pistol/plasma pistol combo.

#5 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

For Halo 1's campaign, a plasma pistol is all you need. Having a Sniper Rifle and Plasma Pistol lets anyone make T&R look easy.

Edited by Self Induced, 12 August 2008 - 11:17 AM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#6 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

I really need to play this whole game through on legendary again. Maybe I could record some levels too.

#7 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

I really need to play this whole game through on legendary again. Maybe I could record some levels too.

I don't know where you get the time to play on Legendary :) Life's too short!
Did you see the movie of the guy who played Halo2 through on Legendary without dying once?

http://www.joystiq.c...s-world-record/

He's amazingly good but also uses map exploits like grenade jumping onto the roofs and so forth.

#8 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:40 AM

The jerks on the upper level can easily be taken out with Needler or plasma pistol. Unless your play-style is one of incalculable suckatude.

#9 MCPO RaZ

MCPO RaZ
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

The jerks on the upper level can easily be taken out with Needler or plasma pistol. Unless your play-style is one of incalculable suckatude.

Yes, on T&R (Legendary) I always carry a needler and plasma pistol. The plasma pistol is only for Jackyls and Elites. To me the most difficult part was when you first enter the ship. Other than that.. the level was a distance encounter. I just stayed back and mopped up everything in front of me. Great level on Legendary.

#10 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Yes, on T&R (Legendary) I always carry a needler and plasma pistol. The plasma pistol is only for Jackyls and Elites. To me the most difficult part was when you first enter the ship. Other than that.. the level was a distance encounter. I just stayed back and mopped up everything in front of me. Great level on Legendary.

Yeah, I recently went through the campaign AGAIN, and this time T&R wasn't all that bad really. Maybe because I hung onto the sniper rifle :) However my new most hated enemies are the several waves of stealthed Elites at the beginning - if you bring a crappy assed weapon with you such as a needler, then you are going to have lots of fun with those guys. It turned into a game of grenade, run from Elites, wait for marine to die, run from Elites, grab his gun, kill Elites while running from Elites...

#11 MCPO RaZ

MCPO RaZ
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, I recently went through the campaign AGAIN, and this time T&R wasn't all that bad really. Maybe because I hung onto the sniper rifle :) However my new most hated enemies are the several waves of stealthed Elites at the beginning - if you bring a crappy assed weapon with you such as a needler, then you are going to have lots of fun with those guys. It turned into a game of grenade, run from Elites, wait for marine to die, run from Elites, grab his gun, kill Elites while running from Elites...

Honestly, the best way to get through it is to not use your Sniper Rifle at all (from the begninning)... and carry it on-board. Take out the stealthed Elites with your assault rifle then grab the overshield and make your way into a passageway and open the doors and needle those little bastards until its over. After that, you still have full Sniper ammo and you can go to work.

I'm on my (too many) times run through on legendary because I have it on my 360 now and I just like to see the shields. I'm such a dork.. lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq