• Please log in to reply
1210 replies to this topic

#141 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

You guys are both wieners.

Also, the Destiny bundle seems like a decent enough idea. As for what Deftech said? Yes, I've been talking about it because I want to get one. But I'm not going to buy one with nothing to play. And as it stands? I wouldn't pay $460+ dollars to play Infamous/Killzone. The beta will be over quick, so that's not that big of a deal. And I've already played the big multiplats. So, really, the only thing holding me back is something I need. Multiplat or otherwise.

As of 7/8/14 there is nothing on the PS4 which makes me login to play games. It is a Netflix box.

As of 7/29/14 there will be something which will make me login to play games. tlou. If you haven't played it on the PS3 like me then I'd think it was worth buying a console over since every multiplatform title from here on out will likely be better on the PS4 anyway. 

Edited by phreak, 08 July 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#142 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

I'm going to buy a PS4 before or for Destiny. Rest assured, nerds.

That said, The Last of Us doesn't do it for me. I already played it and I think the internet's circle jerking over it has actually made me retroactively dislike the game.

#143 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

Real talk: collectors' editions, preorder bonuses, DLC season passes, console exclusive content... this is a laundry list of my least favorite things about the gaming industry. And Bungie has decided to turn all of them up to 11.

:(

#144 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

I bought one Season Pass. That was Borderlands 2 because OMG WE'RE GONNA PLAY THIS FOREVER GUYS.

Then I downloaded only one pack. And then they announced new DLC like 4 months later that introduced a new character, but was "outside the Season Pass," so therefore required new money. Fuck that. And literally fuck the person who came up with Season Pass fine print that allows them to say "Oh, yeah, our marketing and everything has billed SPs as "all DLC" for a game, but if you actually read what you paid for, it's 4 map packs only. All those extra skin packs and new voiceovers, you've gotta give us $5 for that."

And Drew says "Sure!"

Sometimes I think the only thing separating video games from illicit drugs are the needles.

#145 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

630x.jpg

#146 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Oh man, you just reminded me how shady that Borderlands pass was.

A fucking season pass should mean ALL DLC. Period.

Destiny is also really bumming me out with its DLC. And I'm not even complaining about them announcing it now.

#147 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

This probably has less to do with Bungie and more to do with Activision.

Edited by phreak, 09 July 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#148 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Oh man, you just reminded me how shady that Borderlands pass was.

A fucking season pass should mean ALL DLC. Period.

Destiny is also really bumming me out with its DLC. And I'm not even complaining about them announcing it now.

That's beyond ridiculous. 

If I'm willing to pony up $50 ahead of time before anything is ever released, then I should get everything that is made as DLC.  Instead, they basically word it so that you get "$60 of carefully defined DLC delivered over the next 9 months for $50 RIGHT FUCKING NOW."

How fucking stupid are people?

#149 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

I miss the good old days where they were actually referred to as "expansions" and actually added on quite a bit to the game itself.

#150 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Look, as long as I get my accessory and swimsuit costume packs, I'll be good.

#151 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

This probably has less to do with Bungie and more to do with Activision.

Doesn't make the deal not shitty. Bungie could've gone with anyone to make their game. Granted, EA wouldn't have been much better and Activision debatably has deeper pockets. I understand Bungie has to keep it's people paid; doesn't mean it should come at the expense of this bullshit.

Edit: It's also pretty lame that Xbox users get a shorter time with the Beta. Especially after the Alpha being on PS4. It just comes off as unnecessarily crass.

Edited by Nightshade, 09 July 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#152 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

All about that dosh. Bungie gettin' paaaiiid.

Their other options would've been... Take-Two? Ubisoft?

#153 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Edit: It's also pretty lame that Xbox users get a shorter time with the Beta. Especially after the Alpha being on PS4. It just comes off as unnecessarily crass.

It'll be that way the whole generation with Activision I think. PS4 gets Destiny stuff first, Xbone gets CoD stuff first.

#154 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

It'll be that way the whole generation with Activision I think. PS4 gets Destiny stuff first, Xbone gets CoD stuff first.

MS will take that deal every day and consider themselves fortunate.

#155 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

I dunno man, maybe for now (people have to be getting bored of CoD by now). Don't forget that before Call of Duty came along, Medal of Honor was king.

Although, even if Destiny did become huge, I don't really see mainstream gamers even hearing (nevermind caring) about exclusive downloadable content. The entire concept has never made much sense to me.

#156 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Destiny is going to be great. Of that I have no doubt. But mainstream appeal? No fucking way.

#157 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Even with Activision moneys backing it's advertising? I have no doubt in my mind that Destiny will be everywhere this September.

#158 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Destiny is going to be great. Of that I have no doubt. But mainstream appeal? No fucking way.

You're gonna feel like Destiny is being pushed on you this fall.

#159 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Borderlands was pretty popular, and they've made sure that everyone knows the game is made by the creators of Halo. I'm not sure how limited the Ghost editions are, but they seem to have sold out pretty much everywhere in a relatively short amount of time. I dunno about "mainstream," but I imagine that it will be fairly successful.

#160 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

Just to give some idea of how popular Destiny could be, the NeoGAF Alpha withdrawal thread has reached 148 pages...

Edited by UHYVE, 09 July 2014 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq