• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

The Dark theme option is at the very bottom left of the main page. Not too obvious, look for the small text.

#22 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

The Dark theme option is at the very bottom left of the main page. Not too obvious, look for the small text.

This is what us plebians see:

q4PA2Le.png

#23 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

There's your problem.

It works with just about every single other webpage including neogaf that has a mobile version.

#24 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Oh, it looks like there was another setting I missed. Sorry, it works now. Bottom left hand corner.

#25 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

I don't know if Ivan mentioned, but the reason we upgraded was because the software was so many years out of date that our security was obsolete. We were starting to get put on malware lists, which was causing web filters to block the site. And our old skins won't function with this new version, so I had to find new skins and manually tweak them. 

I think the new dark theme is pretty good, though. And we get the mobile version now, so it's not a bad trade. Not that we had much of a choice anyway.

#26 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

I've wanted to upgrade for a while now anyway for better control and more settings which we'll tweak over time. The main thing I wanted though was the mobile skin.

#27 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,686 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

It works with just about every single other webpage including neogaf that has a mobile version.

No it doesn't. You just think it does, DUAL.

Also, props to Ivan and Cocop for taking the time to deal with upgrade bullshittery. I doubt making the transition was all sunshine and butterflies.

#28 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yes, thanks guys.

#29 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Actually, everyone should thank Major Hayes. Not only did he do all the migration and installation, but he's migrated it over to his virtual server and is now hosting the site. The forum is totally migrated, up next is the blog.

We've been planning it for a while, but it's one of those things that's easy to put on the back burner and delay over and over again. Once the site was blacklisted by IronPort (one of the most used corp web fitlers) and I couldn't get it at work, that's when we were told that it's because our software was horribly out of date and comprised with malware. Think of it like running Windows XP with not MS updates. Anyway, that was the kick in the ass I needed to move things along and Major Hayes proceeded to drop everything and help us do this.

#30 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

No it doesn't. You just think it does, DUAL.

no u

Seriously though. I'm on my phone right now switching back and forth to multiple sites, and this one does not show up with the mobile version.

#31 Major Hayes

Major Hayes

Needler Master

• Veteran
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Has anyone noticed any technical problems with the site, like pages not loading or actions not working (like posting attachments)?

As soon as we've verified that everything is technically working, even if not up to your high standards, I'll start working with the guys on getting the blog moved over.

#32 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

Uh...read my previous post.

#33 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

I gave out some pretty nonsensical warnings back in the day. I'd say warn level is not particularly reflective of anything other than how long we've had to put up with each other.

Edit: Also, thanks Hayes! Every post I've made this morning has been from iAJ. Awesome.

Edited by Syracuse022, 28 June 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#34 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I haven't checked the registration list in a long time, but as I recall we were getting about 50-100 fake registrations a day.  Too lazy to look, but does this upgrade target that problem?  I don't know if the two are related in any way.

And thanks, Dark is so much better.

Edited by Niterider, 28 June 2013 - 05:52 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#35 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,686 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Props to Hayes. Fuck Ivan and Cocop. Everyone is awesome.

And it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise that I'm trying to get Blaze and Nightshade banned.

#36 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Props to Hayes. Fuck Ivan and Cocop. Everyone is awesome.

And it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise that I'm trying to get Blaze and Nightshade banned.

Perfect timing.  It's at this time I'd like to announce that Shadow of Intent forums will be launching the new update as well!  So fuck you!

#37 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,979 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Has anyone noticed any technical problems with the site, like pages not loading or actions not working (like posting attachments)?

As soon as we've verified that everything is technically working, even if not up to your high standards, I'll start working with the guys on getting the blog moved over.

I seem to have issues setting my profile picture.

#38 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,979 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

I think it only shows warning posts to admins and yourself; it tells me I have one warning post, also from Cocop. I smell a conspiracy here, Nightshade.

Anyway, I don't see the dark theme option in the lower left of the page that you guys are talking about.

The heck were you guys posting that you have multiple warnings and I have none? Think about that.

#39 Major Hayes

Major Hayes

Needler Master

• Veteran
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

I seem to have issues setting my profile picture.

Can you list the exact steps you're doing? Are you trying to upload something from your computer or link to a URL?

#40 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,910 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Dark theme is much less eye-rapey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq