Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:50 PM

Apparently people are being banned for playing too much Gruntpocalypse. If you're like me, and kill time with it, stop playing until Bungie sorts this out. I assume it's a switch somewhere that sees you getting "too many" credits and you get banned for it, but in any case, be careful. In fact, it's probably best to avoid the Score Attack playlist completely for now, because somebody who wasn't exclusively playing Gruntpocalypse (i.e., Crashsite/Sniper Attack) got banned as well. Personally I think it's fucking stupid, and banning people for playing something that's in the game "too much" is borderline Activision/Blizzard policy. OH WAIT

#2 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

Actiblizzard? Can you elaborate, plz? I do not understand. How can they ban people for playing "too much" of a game mode?

#3 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

He can't be referring to Starcraft 2, cause I've only seen bans for cheating. Maybe WoW for farmbots? Like, if you play for a straight 72 hours straight, they assume you're not human. That's a very good assumption, but it's very bad to assume it's a bot.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#4 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

I would assume it was a Korean, moments away from death at the keyboard. But I'm from the South, it's OK.

#5 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

EDIT: Read below.

Edited by Merguson, 20 September 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#6 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

Looks like the banhammer is working as intended. You're only getting banned if you reset your commendations (exploit glitch) and use score attack to boost your cR.

#7 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

I hope what Merg said is true. I was playing today to kill some time and having a blast. It's a great way to kill time playing Halo productively. Headshotting grunts never gets old and the scoring aspect is a nice hook.

#8 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

In some cases people are not getting banned for playing too much score attack they are hitting the credit "wall" and thus Bungie's system doesn't allow you to earn anymore credits for that day. Alot of people are mistaking this for a ban.
twitter: @bradenbullen

#9 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

I'd like to see some links for some of these claims. It's quite a stretch of the imagination to think that not earning credits equates to a ban, and that people are getting banned just for playing in a playlist. Then again, some people... My Googling skills have not allowed me to find the "Reset Commendations" exploit. Can anyone verify it?
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

In some cases people are not getting banned for playing too much score attack they are hitting the credit "wall" and thus Bungie's system doesn't allow you to earn anymore credits for that day. Alot of people are mistaking this for a ban.

Are you kidding me, there's a daily wall? How do you know this?

#11 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

I read it in a random b.net thread. Sometimes, I like to visit that forum, just like other dark corners of the Internet.

#12 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Well, that's good to know. Banning people for farming credits would be stupid.

#13 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Are you kidding me, there's a daily wall? How do you know this?

Guy in the MLG forums tested it out. The wall is pretty high though, not something the average player is going to hit. He played score attack for 14 straight hours.
twitter: @bradenbullen

#14 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

My Googling skills have not allowed me to find the "Reset Commendations" exploit. Can anyone verify it?

Pretty sure I had it happen to me on accident yesterday... I was playing Campaign going for the 200 grunt challenge and shortly after I got it (on Pillar of Autumn), my internet connection dropped out and I was disconnected from Xbox Live. I hit Save And Quit and the credits screen gave me credit for getting the challenge. I went to the dashboard, fixed my internet issue, and came back to go for the Multiplayer challenges... only to discover that the grunt challenge had been reset, but that I still had the credits (at least, I think I did - I'm in scrimp and save for a Mk V mode so I have a decent amount and it's hard to keep track).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq