Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

Naturally, there is no point in discussing what might have been in Halo 3. Even so, I find it interesting to read the thoughts of other individuals on what they wanted to see in this final game, even if they didn't actually see it. I say again, this thread changes nothing: it is merely wistful imaginings. The one thing that I have always desperately wanted to do, since Halo: Combat Evolved, is tear the Fuel Rod Gun off of the Hunter's arm, in a wrenching animation with perhaps a splatter of orange fluids, and heft it to one shoulder for use as a functional weapon. What greater reward for slaying the behemoth than a short spree of destruction with its half-depleted cannon? That is one thing that truly would have been awesome. Add your own silly, unrealized dreams here.

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:11 PM

The one thing that I have always desperately wanted to do, since Halo: Combat Evolved, is

use the M6D again.

#3 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Halo 3 has almost everything I could hope for. The Mongoose and the Flamethrower being examples that show how Bungie really tried to gives the fans things that they've wanted since the first game.

But, one thing that I'd been looking forward to, and that I thought was in the game, and upon closer inspection I realized was not, was Pelicans engaging in battle. Whenever you see one during the Scarab battles, or the air battle on The Covenant, they're just pointing their noses at enemies. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The first time I played through I didn't realize they weren't helping, but once I started watching them I noticed that they were just flying around aggressively, not actually doing anything. I think there may be a marine on a turret in the hangar of the Pelican, but I've never seen him fire.

Have you guys noticed this?

#4 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

Halo 3 has almost everything I could hope for. The Mongoose and the Flamethrower being examples that show how Bungie really tried to gives the fans things that they've wanted since the first game.

But, one thing that I'd been looking forward to, and that I thought was in the game, and upon closer inspection I realized was not, was Pelicans engaging in battle. Whenever you see one during the Scarab battles, or the air battle on The Covenant, they're just pointing their noses at enemies. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The first time I played through I didn't realize they weren't helping, but once I started watching them I noticed that they were just flying around aggressively, not actually doing anything. I think there may be a marine on a turret in the hangar of the Pelican, but I've never seen him fire.

Have you guys noticed this?

Don't the Pelicans shoot some rockets and destroy Phantoms at the end of Sierra 117?

#5 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

Don't the Pelicans shoot some rockets and destroy Phantoms at the end of Sierra 117?

Yeah, they do some serious damage there. Which makes their actions in The Covenant even more baffling.

#6 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:17 AM

Yeah, they do some serious damage there. Which makes their actions in The Covenant even more baffling.

The difference being that on Sierra 117 the Pelican shooting down a Phantom was a scripted event. On The Covenant they are using AI routines and basically pretending to fight. At least, this is my theory.

#7 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:22 AM

I wanted non-linear, huge, epic environments and worlds to explore and battle in. The lack of those was my biggest disappointment for sure.

#8 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:23 AM

I don't mind being led through a story, but I would have liked a few places where we feel like we're choosing the order of objectives in a mission (3 lifeboats on Halo). I wanted to pilot a Pelican. Twice as many multiplayer maps upon release, with some having multiple objectives. Option to single shot the BR when scoped. A Halo3 multiplayer map maker released, and Bungie/MS basically certifying them and putting them up for DL for free. An endless supply of cool new maps. Eventually, you'd have a couple of dozen favorite maps, instead of 2 or 3 for Halo3. I hope Bungie's next project is a MMOFPSRPG set in the Halo universe, which will launch with the Xbox720.

#9 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:31 AM

I wanted non-linear, huge, epic environments and worlds to explore and battle in. The lack of those was my biggest disappointment for sure.

Be careful what you wish for, when asking for non-linear gameplay.

I'm going to stop reading this thread, it's just going to piss me off.

#10 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

I still want to hold a Jackal Shield A Harpoon Gun

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 28 October 2007 - 09:01 AM.

#11 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

The difference being that on Sierra 117 the Pelican shooting down a Phantom was a scripted event. On The Covenant they are using AI routines and basically pretending to fight. At least, this is my theory.

Yeah, that's right. But story-wise, it's baffling. And it looks idiotic to see them swooping around aggressively, pointing their noses at the enemy. Like they're trying to stare them to death.

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

I held a Jackal shield. In Halo 2. On Colossus. What's up.

#13 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

I held a Jackal shield. In Halo 2. On Colossus. What's up.

What you say!!

#14 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

My title was better. Just sayin'.

#15 Plankton

Plankton
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:12 PM

Forge singeplayer. Whether that's Forging the campaign levels, or just being able to spawn Covenant enemies on multiplayer maps. (imagine actually storming Last Resort in your custom edited map, against lots of brutes/grunts etc... or just spawning half a dozen Hammer Brutes, while invincible, paired up on a mongoose.

Edited by Plankton, 28 October 2007 - 12:12 PM.

#16 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:51 PM

Survival mode. Just something simple where the computer is after you and the waves get continually more difficult until you're trapped in a corner. And obviously have it point based and high score leaderboards on B.net

#17 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

My title was better. Just sayin'.

Not trying to be a forum nazi, but it was too long. Just sayin' sucka.

#18 Plankton

Plankton
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

Survival mode.

Just something simple where the computer is after you and the waves get continually more difficult until you're trapped in a corner. And obviously have it point based and high score leaderboards on B.net

That would be great. It would be more competitive than the single player coop scoring is too.

I've never really seen people boasting about campaign scoring or anything, probably because the levels are too long to be competitive and there's no real way of (whilst online on your xbox) comparing scores.

#19 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:03 AM

That would be great. It would be more competitive than the single player coop scoring is too.

I've never really seen people boasting about campaign scoring or anything, probably because the levels are too long to be competitive and there's no real way of (whilst online on your xbox) comparing scores.

We just finished finding the last skull a few weeks ago. I think that people just haven't set their sights on campaign scoring, yet. I imagine that when the dust from release settles in six months, campaign scoring will have a devoted following that constantly battles for high scores.

#20 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:49 AM

We just finished finding the last skull a few weeks ago. I think that people just haven't set their sights on campaign scoring, yet. I imagine that when the dust from release settles in six months, campaign scoring will have a devoted following that constantly battles for high scores.

I agree. Particularly when they being forcasting campaign scores on B.net's stat page. I still find campaign scoring runs to be the most enjoyable in the game. I think the levels are great, but as Valor mentioned, there was a lot of expectations within the regard of the term 'open' which weren't really met.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq