• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Speaking of the Halo 2 leak, I wonder how Bungie's stepping it up to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again with Halerz 3.

Where did the leak exactly come from with H2, wasn't in the printing/burning factory?

#22 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

Speaking of the Halo 2 leak, I wonder how Bungie's stepping it up to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again with Halerz 3.

Make sure the French don't get any copies.

#23 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

Where did the leak exactly come from with H2, wasn't in the printing/burning factory?

I always thought that it originated from the localization team.

#24 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

I always thought that it originated from the localization team.

I don't think it was from them. As far as I know I thought it was from the press getting the game early to review it. But anyways Bungies stepped it up a bit. I have no doubt the leaks will be alot less. I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie.net forums go dark.

#25 squick3n

squick3n
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the press. Halo didn't get sent to the press, the press got sent to Halo for all advance reviews. I had always heard it was from wherever they were being manufactured. There's no way they'll be able to stop the leaks. All DVDs and games get pirated well before street dates anymore. I'll be going dark as soon as the RTM goes out, with AJ being my safe haven.

#26 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, there was nothing special about the Halo 2 leak...apart from the fact that it was Halo 2. It happened after the game is pressed in France, a few weeks before the release. I'm going to disconnect myself from the forums (all of them) in early August. I'll still hit up Bungie.net daily, but that's as close as I'll come to Halo 3 content.

#27 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, there was nothing special about the Halo 2 leak...apart from the fact that it was Halo 2. It happened after the game is pressed in France, a few weeks before the release.

I'm going to disconnect myself from the forums (all of them) in early August. I'll still hit up Bungie.net daily, but that's as close as I'll come to Halo 3 content.

I'll be starting up the Halo 3 thread on GAF, but otherwise I'm staying away. I'll read "official" previews and the like - the results of the media visit this week, E3, Bungie's website. But my plans are to start that thread, populate it with info, and disappear. I may return to the OP to update it periodically.

But since this is the E3 thread, some actual information might come in handy.

Microsoft's press conference:

Tuesday, July 10th:
8:30PM - Microsoft Press Event

That's Pacific time. There will be something, I'm sure. And if it's at all like E3, we may get information and videos on bungie.net and Live at the end of the conference.

#28 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

At the end? If I remember correctly, the Halo 3 trailer went up before the conference even began. =P

#29 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

At the end? If I remember correctly, the Halo 3 trailer went up before the conference even began. =P

oops :unsure:

#30 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

"Strange. That wasn't supposed to happen."

#31 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

well seems they have to have a trailer now that killzone is going to be shown...But that doesn't mean it will be fun (read: killzone 1)

#32 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

well seems they have to have a trailer now that killzone is going to be shown...But that doesn't mean it will be fun (read: killzone 1)

I actually kind of doubt we'll get a trailer; Bungie seems to opt for demonstrations (E3 2003 and 2004). But who knows. Two weeks to go.

#33 El Leone

El Leone
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

That was because the MS Conference was delayed by about 30-45 minuets. The Team in charge of 'Bringing it home' didnt adjust to this which meant that all the trailers and downloads where released midway through the consequence. To be fair though, that was awesome, cause there where no video feeds.

In terms of delivery, we'll get sometime similair to X06, which probably means the content will appear up to an hour after the conference has ended.

#34 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

That was because the MS Conference was delayed by about 30-45 minuets. The Team in charge of 'Bringing it home' didnt adjust to this which meant that all the trailers and downloads where released midway through the consequence. To be fair though, that was awesome, cause there where no video feeds.

In terms of delivery, we'll get sometime similair to X06, which probably means the content will appear up to an hour after the conference has ended.

Didn't matter though, took an hour or two to download video. Bungie.net was my friend that day.

#35 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

well it's that time of yea....well it's past the normal time, it's smaller and MS press conference is outside, besides that point it's a test for the new E3. So whats going to happen. Post your speculation here and of course after tomorrow discuss whatever halo related content went out. I have a few Ideas of what Bungie might be doing.....and I'll post them here. 1. Bungie shows nothing...weird??? yea but it makes sense, lets face it Halo no longer sells the console or the live service...it makes it better. With all these other games poking their heads out now and the Halo hype engine in almost full gear. So why not skip out and show nothing. It's more polish time for the game and the hype will still build. Not to mention Bungie doesn't have to sell anything this time and the fact that everything is remaining a secret in Single player this time around. Bungie would get some negative feedback from some but overall it already has made it's money back on how many people have preordered the game. So waiting until late august to show off more is possible. 2. Multiplayer info. Yes it seems thats all they are showing, but it builds enough hype. Shed some new features, give em new maps and let them goof around with everything. It won't get as much hype as Releasing a single player shot but hey it still builds some hype. 3. Full single player trailer. We got the teaser trailer, it might be time for a real 5 minute trailer explain some things and showing off the Graphics, A.I, Sound, Physics, Scale and of course story. It would build alot of hype towards the campaign (finally) and of course would help with getting MS some 360 sales. 4. Demo, Not a downloadable one or a press one, just shown off during E3 press conference.....it would be played twice t show how different you can play the game and stuff. Would be a great hype builder and some of us would wet ourselves most likely. My guess is number 3. Got any other ideas...chime in and get yourself ready for tomorrow cause no matter what it's going to be a wild ride.

#36 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

I saw 2 and 3 I think we'll see the new armor types and chopper in action. Possibly even Shrine (or whatever it's new name will be. Stinkles hinted at a name change for it.) I think we will see a short campaign trailer of all in-game footage

#37 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

For now, let's keep all E3 Halo 3 discussion in this thread. If we get some major new announcement deserving it's own thread, we'll make a new thread then. Thanks.

#38 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

For now, let's keep all E3 Halo 3 discussion in this thread. If we get some major new announcement deserving it's own thread, we'll make a new thread then. Thanks.

Forgot about this thread,thanks for copying over my post.

#39 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:52 AM

Posted Image

Who said we weren't getting anything?

#40 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:30 AM

Oh so very pretty.

Edited by Nightshade, 10 July 2007 - 06:34 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq