Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

I really like Breakout. You have to know the map, the jumps, the paths, the weapon pick ups and then outwit the enemy and counter them each round.

It's quick and tense and a load of fun.

#202 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

Breakout has made me more upset with the grenade damage than anything else. They are way too powerful.

Bu-but my immersion!

Edited by Nightshade, 03 January 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#203 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

LOL

#204 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

halo5.gif

Halo

I'll take that and raise you this.

#205 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

People on GAF's explanation for that sprint video is just the fucking worst. "But the people trying to kill him are bad!"

Yeah, and in a regular version of Halo he'd be forced to stay and fight. He wouldn't have a choice. It would force him to attempt to undo his mistakes and fight his way out of bad situations refining his skill and making him a better player in the process. That goes for both players, the attacker and the sprinter. What we get instead is teaching player behavior to dodge and evade combat in which you don't think you'll blow the other guy out of the water. That unless you know you're in an advantageous position you shouldn't engage. And if you think that say, shooting a guy while you have full shields and his back is turned to you is as effective at making you better at the game as actively engaging in equal combat? You're crazy.

#206 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

I'm legit impressed with that sprinter. That might look like bad mechanics to you, but you can't just run around like that and not run into other people without good awareness. Dude was good at hauling ass. Deserves a medal. Probably got 10.

Nightshade, you are getting dangerously close to get off my lawn territory.

When I was a young boy, the games we played were hard and they made us get better, and the world was virtuous and good. Kids these days just shirk all responsibility and run from their troubles.

:)

But I get your point, I really do. It does change the dynamics, though I would say that you've always been able to back out of a bad confrontation unless you were way out in the middle of nowhere and good players did, thought to a lesser extent. It is different, but I'm not convinced that is a bad thing. It puts more emphasis on picking your fights, which can lead to smarter gameplay instead of who is the better headshotter.

Edited by phreak, 03 January 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#207 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

finger-gun-o.gif

#208 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Just perfect.

Edited by phreak, 03 January 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#209 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,952 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

It's fucking horrible. This franchise is officially dead and buried, but 343 also took the liberty of shitting on the grave and then jacking off on the grave stone.

"Listened to feedback from Halo 4" LOL

Edit: can we move "reclaimer saga" out of the "Halo" category on the forums? I think it should go under "Call of Duty" instead.

Edited by Drew, 04 January 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#210 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,701 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

People on GAF's explanation for that sprint video is just the fucking worst. "But the people trying to kill him are bad!"

Yeah, and in a regular version of Halo he'd be forced to stay and fight. He wouldn't have a choice. It would force him to attempt to undo his mistakes and fight his way out of bad situations refining his skill and making him a better player in the process. That goes for both players, the attacker and the sprinter. What we get instead is teaching player behavior to dodge and evade combat in which you don't think you'll blow the other guy out of the water. That unless you know you're in an advantageous position you shouldn't engage. And if you think that say, shooting a guy while you have full shields and his back is turned to you is as effective at making you better at the game as actively engaging in equal combat? You're crazy.

So everyone's going to become Floyd Mayweather essentially? That's awful almost any way you look at it.

#211 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

So everyone's going to become Floyd Mayweather essentially? That's awful almost any way you look at it.

HAHA! Perfect.

#212 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

This week in the Halo 5 Beta: We get more shitty forge maps developers think count as real maps. Hooray! 

#213 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

http://me.ign.com/en...n-maps-revealed

The textures are really really bland, to the point where I don't like pegasus at all (looks like a boring Empire). I hope they aren't final. I like the gameplay a lot but the map design has been rather lacking.

Edited by phreak, 05 January 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#214 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Why did they change the look of rockets? Now they are changing shit just to change shit.

#215 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

Because it's a new game series with an old name.

#216 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

LOL did I hear "incoming grenade spam" from a Sparbro in the Pegasus video?

#217 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

LOL did I hear "incoming grenade spam" from a Sparbro in the Pegasus video?

Are you feeling immersed yet?

#218 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

No. You heard "incoming 'nade spam." Because in the heat of virtual battle, it's so much harder say "grenade" or "sniper". The fucking sniper one kills me, because the word is the same length they just change the "r" to an "s" because it's 100% cooler, bro.

#219 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

Are you feeling immersed yet?

I won't feel COMPLETELY immersed unless there's a teabag button and the Sparbros also shout slurs that call my (or my mother's) sexuality into question.

#220 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

I know most of you won't be getting this regardless, but this definitely applies to all games. He says all of the truths. I'm done preordering.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq