Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

I love it when games like this come out of nowhere. YES. I don't know what I would do without all of this science.

#3 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Came out of nowhere, completely badass. The demo was obviously very heavily scripted but Ubisoft has been pretty cool lately (not including their draconian PC DRM), so I'm hopeful that the final game plays like that.

#4 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Pitbull cameo at 2:36

#5 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Awesome. Great to see some original ideas and a new ip.

#6 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Pitbull cameo at 2:36

Haha that was the first thing I noticed. I fucking hate Pitbull.

Also, game looks incredible.

#7 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

Even at a good E3 this game probably would've stood out. If it plays even half like that demo I'm sold.

#8 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 467 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Best surprise of the show, easily. Came out of nowhere and the setup and concept doesn't feel insulting. The Deus Ex vibes help too.

#9 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

This game is pretty freakin' sweet.

#10 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Came out of nowhere?  Hardly.  The game's been under scrutiny for a while.  They bullshotted the game trailer back in 2012 and the game got massive graphical downgrades since then.  Over the last few weeks there were some leaks with a graphical review, calling the Xbone version equivalent to GTA 4 on PS360.  Ubisoft PR does what PR does, lying by claiming the leaks were fake.  Game footage came soon after showing how bad it actually was downgraded.

You'd think PC would fix things, but for some reason the game brings top end machines to a screeching halt.  Total Biscuit couldn't maintain 60 FPS on ultra with two SLI Titans, 32 Gigs RAM, and a good i7.  While it does look good, it doesn't look anywhere near good enough to justify that.

Then again, we know the AC game engines are optimized crap (pre AC4 anyways), so I'm not surprised Ubisoft wouldn't focus on that.

That said...

I typically steer clear of sandbox games but this one has me thinking I should give it a try.

Edited by Niterider, 28 May 2014 - 03:12 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#11 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Uh...read the timestamps.

#12 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

You'd think PC would fix things, but for some reason the game brings top end machines to a screeching halt.  Total Biscuit couldn't maintain 60 FPS on ultra with two SLI Titans, 32 Gigs RAM, and a good i7.  While it does look good, it doesn't look anywhere near good enough to justify that.

Then again, we know the AC game engines are optimized crap (pre AC4 anyways), so I'm not surprised Ubisoft wouldn't focus on that.

Ubisoft PC ports always seem to be massively CPU bottlenecked (since AC3), it's super weird, it's got to be some sort of engine issue. At this point, I'd be willing to bet that the engine would benefit from Mantle/DX12 support, I'm coming up short when trying to figure out any other reason for the console versions holding up so well compared to the PC versions and this is with consoles using 1.6ghz AMD A4 CPUs, which are literally netbook quality processors (though an 8 core variant).

More on topic, does anyone with this game recommend a purchase? After Infamous, I'm completely indifferent towards this game.

Edited by UHYVE, 28 May 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#13 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Uh...read the timestamps.

DOH!

Well those A4's have been highly customized.  I've been trying to price a budget machine just out of curiosity to see how one would hold up against an Xbone.  The 6800K and the 7850K are pretty close to each other and from my research the 6800K is probably only 75-85% the power of an Xbone.  

The game is also locked to 30 fps on consoles.  One interesting difference in this gen is that there's a lot more video RAM available on consoles than on PC.  That'll change in a year or so but even Titanfall on the Xbone has the equivalent of ultra textures on PC, which requires a 3 gig card minimum to run smoothly.  Right now most PC cards are at 2 until you go over $300.

Edited by Niterider, 28 May 2014 - 06:02 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I got it for PS4, which seems like the only non-shitty version based on what I've read on the webz. Skipped on PC specifically because of god-awful U-Play, which needs to die yesterday.

I'm actually really enjoying Watch Dogs, maybe due to how I didn't really follow the hype train since the 2012 reveal. I know it's not the huge introduction to true next-gen gaming that a lot of the press was hoping it to be up until a few months ago, and Jeff from Giant Bomb bagged on it pretty heavily (probs because any open world game not named Saints Row is playing at a disadvantage when it comes to him). It's not a revolutionary open-world game and the hacking isn't super intricate ("press square to X, Y, Z" is basically the extent of it), but the amount of options it opens you up to is what makes the gameplay really fun. Sending a car you're assigned to take out into surprise oncoming traffic or into some blockers/police spikes is still satisfying after doing it 50 times before, and disabling a police helicopter before raising a drawbridge to lose its buddy cop cars chasing you feels pretty damn cool every time. And it's real good to have all these options while running from people chasing you because all the enemy drivers are fucking kamikaze psychopaths. Hacking's at its best though when trying to get information during missions and during combat, whether you're sneaking around or in a firefight. And daisy-chaining from camera to camera, stealing an access code from a guard, and finally hacking into a ctOS server without your character so much as setting foot inside the compound it's in? I like, a lot. Hacking isn't what Ubisoft said it would be, looking back now, but if you're going in like me and just expecting a fun distraction during the obligatory "the next-gen games are still finding their footing" period, you'll have a ton of fun with it. And I'm not even touching on the privacy invasion stuff and profiling random Chicago citizens, which are often hilarious.

The story's engaging enough. I'm starting Act II (there's five acts), and so far it's a run of the mill, but reasonably well done, vigilante crime drama type deal. If you remember those early 2000's Harrison Ford movies where they always take his family, this is pretty much that with smartphones. Most of the characters are interesting though, which keeps it from getting boring. I've never been to Chicago (which is a problem I really need to fix one day), but it seems like they've done it a decent service. Not a spectacular rendition, but Watch Dogs does a much better job of convincing me I'm running through Chicago than Infamous did of convincing me I was in Seattle, that's for sure.

If you're looking for an excuse to buy an Xbone/PS4 game during this bigass drought they're in, or just need a summer game to keep you busy, I'd recommend it.

#15 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Might be a good game, but HORRIBLE job with Chicago. I mean there's mountains in the background for gods sake.

Come visit sucka we'll go out.

#16 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Can you play this as a pure stealthy type game or is regular combat unavoidable?
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#17 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 467 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Game plays like a middling GTA. It's a sandbox game without much sandbox gameplay, there isn't much to go explore, see and do. The vehicles handle like shit and going into cover during firefights just doesn't click with some players.

It's looks pretty when it's night time and rain is pouring down, but so did Sleeping Dogs. In fact, go play that, it's the better GTA clone.

#18 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Well I've already decided not to buy this game. A friend of mine is getting it for Father's day and will send it my way when he's done if I lend him Wolfenstein. :)
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#19 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Boy oh boy, when they said that they "learned from other Ubisoft franchises" they weren't fucking kidding. It plays like a mix of Assassins Creed (Aiden even has some better animations/mobility than Edward Kenway did) and Splinter Cell. 

I'm actually really enjoying the game when it comes to encounters as it really does (if you attempt stealth) play like an open world Blacklist. It is missing the ability to be behind cover and grab dudes, though. It's also somewhat reminiscent of Batman: Arkham Asylum too in that you can manipulate the AI into falling into your traps. As far are this portion of the game is concerned? I'm very satisfied. 

On the other end of the spectrum? The storyline is the literary equivalent of paint by numbers, save for the fact Aiden is protecting his sister and her kids rather than his wife and kids. The driving in this game is, bar none, one of the least competent design decisions I've seen in years. It's actually slightly worse than Sleeping Dogs, without the sweet car melee functionality. And finally? This game loves to pile on a bunch of bullshit like chasing after dudes in cars when the game mechanics do not allow for Aiden to shoot while driving. The fuck is up with that?

The game is also rife with some great glitches if you haven't seen the videos already. I ran into one yesterday where the streetlights in the game stopped functioning all together. So any intersection I went to, even on foot, was immediately clogged by 16 car pile-ups.

If you're on the fence about it? I'd say wait. Unless you like the ability to stealth around and stuff. In which case, then yeah it's probably worth it to you. Also, rumble triggers are pretty sweet in this game. So there's that.

#20 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

RUMBLE TRIGGERS?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq