Call der Duty

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

I will not be getting MW3. For the record, this is how I stand on Call of Duty multiplayer:
CoD4: the definitive multiplayer game this generation (similar to how Halo 1 was on the Xbox)
MW2: solid game, ruined by nonsense
Blops: it's a Treyarch game. Treyarch doesn't make great Call of Duty games.
Also, for the record, the only reason I bought Black Ops was because some certain mother fuckers bullied me until I bought it; they pushed me into lockers and gave me swirlies -- it was awful. After MW2, I had checked out on the CoD franchise; I was fine with the idea of never playing another Call of Duty game, unless people wanted to go back and play CoD4 some more. I'd still love to do that.

Here are three more reasons why I will never play MW3:
1.) Infinity Ward is a shadow of its former self
2.) Call of Duty games that don't have public betas end up having huge problems
3.) Shotguns (SPAS included) suck in MW3
As for Battlefield 3, I think it's the best multiplayer shooter since Call of Duty 4.

#102 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

And that Kill Confirmed is the worst gametype ever conceived by mankind.

Under that logic, BF3 sucks shit.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#103 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

I'm not going to name names, but it makes me sad that some people in here didn't appreciate Black Ops.

#104 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

What was there to appreciate?

#105 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Zombies. In space.

#106 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

What was there to appreciate?

I thought Black Ops undid many of MW2's mistakes. The main one being that killstreaks and perks had gotten completely out of hand in MW2. Black Ops felt a lot more like Modern Warfare to me. The pace was a little slower, I really liked the weapons and I thought overall the maps were great.

It also seemed like there were a lot less hackers and glitches in Black Ops.

#107 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Wow, those hackers sure are fast, apparently there's already a ton of them about. I'm sure that they couldn't just be the Blops hacks though, since surely the engine would've changed too much for that...

Yogscast showcasing a very talented player

Edit: Apparently, it's just the PC version that has a ton of aimbots running around for the moment.

Edited by UHYVE, 11 November 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#108 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Good video for anyone pondering MW3:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#109 deftech

deftech

• Veteran
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Having played this a decent amount this weekend, here are my likes/dislikes: Dislikes: Some really bad maps. Spawns. Always seems like someone is spawning directly behind me. Obnoxious clan tags. You know, the ones with a thumbstick, the xbox controller B button, etc. The M16. How the mighty have fallen. The starter guns. Playing against level 70s from the start, the pop guns you get are embarrassing. Server migration. It works about 50% of the time. Likes: The newish game modes are fun. Kill confirmed/Team Defender are enjoyable. The strike packages or what not are nice. Using the support package and flying around/tagging opponents is sweet. Kill streaks don't seem nearly as OP as they were in MW2. All in all, if you like CoD you'll like this game. If you're tired of it or don't like it, this won't change your opinion. For me it's a good change of pace from BF3 due to the faster pace and increased 1v1 close range interactions.

#110 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,019 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

So, I succumbed and picked this up on Friday . M16 is shit Support strike package is the tits. Brilliant way to keep the horrible players like me who can't see and have oldguy reflexes invested. I always picked killstreak rewards in BlOps to help the team. Now it doesn't reset every time I get lagged. Grenade splash damage seems highly toned down, which is acceptable. Game is as smooth and fast as ever. Small lag spike to start a match, but didn't really have a hiccup in 4 hours the other night. Kill confirmed is a brilliant game type. There was a field of red dog tags so I knew there was a guy watching. I grabbed two before being sniper off. Some very good strategic possibilities here. I'm also loving how the weapons level up separately, unlocking attachments and perks as you go on. Running around with a silenced UMP with rapid fire after about an hour was a game changer. Can't wait to learn the maps. Also, with BlOps 2 being next, the fact that my Elite will carry over into the first 4 months of that is gravy.

#111 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

This is now the BLOPS 2 thread. Tucker, you got it? Liking it? We'll have to play. I'm not sure anyone else is picking this one up besides us.

#112 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, but I'm way behind the curve. I like Combat Training, though. Nothing counts towards your record, and you level up at half the rate.

#113 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

OK, so... There's this weapon attachment that I kinda love. It's called "Target Finder." It's definitely a hand holder. If you look through your reticle, any enemies in your FOV that do not have Cold Blooded as their Perk 2 get that diamond painted around them like when you use the old gunship or SC-130 Killstreak reward. So, snipers across the map? Find a spot of cover, sneak a peek, then aim for the top of the diamond... Headshot. The downside is that you lose about half of your FOV. And it doesn't work through smoke, unlike Dual-Band (IR). Here's a good video of it:

I put this on my LSAT (highest damage LMG, equivalent of the Boat Gun, I think) along with FMJ (for extra penetration). I went 61-19 in a domination match, because I just waited for diamonds to pop up, then I unloaded. If they went behind cover, it didn't matter.

Got 2 Warthog killstreaks. Warthog is the new Strafe Run, but it can't be shot down. It's a fast mover that basically wipes out any enemy not in a building for about 30 seconds (5 passes).

Also, they changed Domination. It's still to 200 points, but it's divided up into 2 5 minute rounds. Scores carry over between rounds, but the automatic reset of the flags leads to closer matches.

Hardline's functionality is different. It reduces scorestreaks by a percentage, rather than a set value. So, a scorestreak that takes 1200 points to earn might only take 950, but the UAV only goes from 450 to 380.

There's a tactical "grenade" called a Black Hat. It's basically a hacking PDA. This thing either destroys scorestreaks or turns hostile equipment friendly. It's basically a launcher in your pocket. If you pair it with Engineer (see enemy equipment / scorestreaks and re-roll friendly / booby trap enemy care packages), then you are able to hack stuff through walls. There's nothing more satisfying than sneaking under a sniper's perch, Black Hatting his Bouncing Betty, then waiting 5 seconds for the "BOOM." Equipment (C4, Claymore, shock grenades, BBs) is hacked immediately. Scorestreaks take longer, and are destroyed rather than turned. It would be awesome if you could turn a Guardian or Sentry against the enemy, but oh well.

Also, no melee instakills on turrets. You either have to EMP or Black Hat it. Or shoot it a ton.

Oh, and they gave a weapon attachment to battle turbo controllers, I guess. The FAL and SMR (M14 equiv from MW) are especially deadly with this attachment - Select Fire. You can switch between semi and automatic fire for the normally semiauto ARs. Or add burst fire to normally fully automatic weapons. I'm going to pair my FAL's target finder with select fire soon. Steady Aim is no longer a perk, but an attachment (laser sight).

#114 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

I hear there are some serious issues with matches dropping and latency. Is that true, Tucker?

#115 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

"Serious?" I played as much as I could this past double XP weekend. I got dropped maybe 4 times. I ranked from 36 to right at 55, so I played A LOT.

#116 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, I haven't experienced many connection problems. Nothing you wouldn't see in any other shooter or past CoDs.

#117 deftech

deftech

• Veteran
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Picked up Blops2 for 20 bucks. So far, not a fan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq