E3

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:13 AM

Here's a few more gameplay videos and such that weren't at any of the press conferences:

#62 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:48 AM

If Deus Ex asked me to suck its dick I totally would.

#63 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

Pardon my ignorance but I have a few questions. Why is Shenmue a big deal? I've just never heard of it before.

Also, do you really believe Uncharted 4 will look that good? The smoke, particles and physics look so good that it seems unrealistic; and that's not even accounting for how good the graphics look.

#64 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

Shenmue was the first of it's kind. An open world, do what you want to do kind of game, complete with full voice acting cast, the oldschool arcade & forklift minigames, and not to mention the game that popularized QTE moments. The series was never finished and that's why the third is a big deal.

Having played the previous Uncharted games on much inferior hardware and now playing games like Batman: Arkham Knight, I can say without a doubt that it will look that good.

#65 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

Well, considering that they were playing it live for press behind closed doors, and most of the impressions say that what we saw was only the tip of the iceberg... I'm hopeful. Naughty Dog has pulled off technical miracles in the past, I'm inclined to believe they can do it again.

#66 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

Also, do you really believe Uncharted 4 will look that good? The smoke, particles and physics look so good that it seems unrealistic; and that's not even accounting for how good the graphics look.

A top tier studio building a non-open world game for a single console while targeting 30 frames per second = pretty possible. Battlefront looks better to me in a lot of ways and that game is multiplatform as fuck.

#67 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

I can't believe the console version of Battlefront looks that good. I didn't think the PS4 would be able to come as close as it did to the reveal trailer.

#68 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

To be honest, I'm more skeptical of Battlefront actually looking that good than UC4. You want a real miracle, look at those gameplay trailers. How that's possible at 60FPS on a console is beyond me.

#69 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

Pardon my ignorance but I have a few questions. Why is Shenmue a big deal? I've just never heard of it before.

It's crazy what talented engineering teams can do when their manpower is focused on something other than crafting nefarious Red Bull tie-ins.

#70 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Yep, like the time Sony showed that Killzone 2 demo at E3. Their engineering delivered big time then.

#71 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

Yep, like the time Sony showed that Killzone 2 demo at E3. Their engineering delivered big time then.

Not the best comparison. Killzone 2 actually ended up looking closer to that trailer (visually only, it was still a damn dirty liar with all that crazy good animation) than anyone expected it to and was far and away the best looking game on a console when it launched. Add to that Guerilla Games was a relative nobody at the time and didn't have an established track record, whereas with Uncharted and Naughty Dog we know that through 3 games they've delivered on just about every graphical precedent their previews have set. Who knows what the final game will actually look like, but Naughty Dog hasn't given me any reason to doubt their ability to make sweet polygon love in the past.

#72 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

If I had to choose one upcoming game's graphics to stick my dick into, it would definitely be UC4.

Just sayin'.

#73 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

Extended demo of Uncharted 4 (New footage starts at 7:17).

#74 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Looks fucking awesome.

15 minutes seems like an awfully long time for a pre-rendered E3 demo.

I seriously doubt that Naughty Dog is attempting to pull a fast one, here.

#75 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

It's E3 season again, and press conferences start this Sunday. Here's a chart of the conference schedule that I stole from GAF. You can watch all this E3 bullshit live via twitch.tv/twitch or you can watch the jolly folks of Easy Allies (ex-Gametrailers) cover E3 if you want to be cool and popular. I'll be summarizing all the conferences again like I did last year because at least one person seemed to appreciate that.

E3: Revenge of the Consoles begins.

#76 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

I'm very interested to see how this will play out since the NX and now Sony is saying that the PS4 will not be showcased at E3. Like why? Also, Konami apparently has a booth there for some reason. For pachinko machines? lol

#77 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

EA
  • Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer. 6 Titan classes with different abilities. ADS is still a thing, fuck me. Beta at some point. Single player campaign. PS4, Xbox One, PC. October 28, 2016.
  • Sports
  • Mass Effect Andromeda. Bigger with more freedom than previous games. Trailery thing with some sort of gameplay. 2017.
  • Sports
  • Spoooorrrrrts
  • Jade Raymond talks briefly about how EA is making Star Wars games, then shows a video about how EA is making Star Wars games. Pointless.
  • Battlefield 1--BUT WAIT, first this little man will hype up BF1's multiplayer while Jamie Foxx and Zac Efron fistbump or something. Alright, fine, here's a trailer I guess. Dynamic weather. Behemoth vehicles (armored train, airship, etc.). Open beta later this summer. October 21, 2016.
Garbage press conference overall.

Edited by Blaze, 12 June 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#78 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

Titanfall 2 has me hyped. Between all the new stuff coming out (and how hard people are shitting on the reveal trailer) by the end of the year, I hope Call of Duty finally burns.

#79 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

I never buy deluxe editions, but I'm absolutely buying this.

Helps that it's $50 on Amazon Prime.

#80 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

Bethesda
  • Quake Champions. Competitive arena FPS. Hero shooter. Different characters with different abilities. Only a CG trailer for now.
  • Elder Scrolls Legends (card game). It's still a thing.
  • New Fallout 4 content. Contraptions. Vault building. Amusement park.
  • Skyrim Remaster. Graphics look a bit better. Free upgrade on PC if you own Skyrim and all the DLC. $60 on consoles.
  • Prey reboot. Not the cancelled Prey 2. Not anything like Prey 1. Psychological survival horror FPS. 2017. CG Trailer.
  • "Look forward to more Quake Champions and Prey at Quakecon in August."
  • Dishonored 2. Looks quite good. Gameplay demonstration. Nov 11, 2016.
  • Ended with a "one more thing" setup and then dropped free t-shirts on the people in the audience. Snore.
Better than EA's.

Edited by Blaze, 13 June 2016 - 10:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq