• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#81 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Let's remaster every game from last gen! Fuck, this gen blows.

#82 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:58 AM

While Quake multiplayer holds a special place in my heart (first game I ever played LAN), I'm kinda sad that Quake isn't a single player game. I'd have played the hell out of a single player Quake 1 Gothic-style FPS... but another hero shooter, most likely not.

Edited by UHYVE, 13 June 2016 - 02:53 AM.

#83 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

Microsoft
  • Xbox One S (Xbox Slim). 40% smaller, *up to 2TB hard drive, integrated power supply, 4K *video, $299, August.
  • Xbox "Play Anywhere". Buy once, play on Xbox One and W10.
  • Gears of 4. Gameplay demonstration was a snoozefest.
  • Forza Horizon 3. Australian setting. Proper offroad vehicles and racing. 4 player campaign co-op. September 27, 2016. Trailer. Gameplay demonstration not available yet. Looks way better than Horizon 1.
  • Recore. Gameplay trailer.
  • Xbox One UI: background music, Cortanner, etc. Xbox "Clubs" -- same shit as Playstation Communities.
  • "Looking For Group" system for Xbox Live. Allows players to find each other for specific games or whatever.
  • "Arena". Tournament system for Xbox Live.
  • We Happy Few. Gameplay demonstration. Looks interesting.
  • Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. Cross platform play. September.
  • Free Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for gold members. Available now through the end of E3.
  • Dead Rising 4. Trailer.
  • Scalebound. Gameplay.
  • Sea of Thieves. Gameplay. Best thing at any of the conferences so far.
  • State of Decay 2. Trailer.
  • Halo Wars 2. W10 and Xbox One. Beta available on Xbox One right now. Trailer.
  • Xbox Project Scorpio. New, very powerful Xbox console. Fully backwards compatible with Xbox One games and forwards compatible. Holiday 2017.
Better than EA's and Bethesda's.

Project Scorpio seems to be the beginning of the end for traditional consoles. Expect console revisions every one or two years from now on, just like smartphones. Not sure why you just wouldn't get a PC now instead of an Xbox, especially since basically every Xbox exclusive is going to be available on W10. I don't know. Consoles are getting weird.

Edited by Blaze, 13 June 2016 - 03:45 PM.

#84 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

We PC now. Without the user-side upgrades.

Edited by DualX, 13 June 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#85 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

We Happy Few. Gameplay demonstration. Looks interesting.

Getting a Bioshock story vibe with a Dishonored art-style. Looks neat.

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. Cross platform play. September.

Man, the game was fun in Witcher 3 but I never wrapped my head around the "It's a gwent game with an RPG side-story lolololol" memes. Hopefully they rebalanced the hell out of it.

Scalebound. Gameplay.

Gameplay looks pretty fun. Protagonist looks insufferable.

Sea of Thieves. Gameplay. Best thing at any of the conferences so far.

An open world co-op pirate game is really long overdue, and this looks pretty slick on the surface. I advise everyone to mute the trailer though, you'll immediately understand why.

Project Scorpio seems to be the beginning of the end for traditional consoles. Expect console revisions every one or two years from now on, just like smartphones. Not sure why you just wouldn't get a PC now instead of an Xbox, especially since basically every Xbox exclusive is going to be available on W10. I don't know. Consoles are getting weird.

Looks like consoles are going the way of smartphones: more frequent upgrades and older models will still run most/all of the same games as the new ones. but performance will vary. It'll be especially interesting how they price these in the future and how the public responds to it. I wonder if the console as we know it is going to become a Steam Box-like thing, with simultaneous release of multiple "consoles" with varying levels of power.

Edited by Kinetic, 13 June 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#86 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

We Happy Few. Gameplay demonstration. Looks interesting.

Getting a Bioshock story vibe with a Dishonored art-style. Looks neat.

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. Cross platform play. September.

Man, the game was fun in Witcher 3 but I never wrapped my head around the "It's a gwent game with an RPG side-story lolololol" memes. Hopefully they rebalanced the hell out of it.

Scalebound. Gameplay.

Gameplay looks pretty fun. Protagonist looks insufferable.

Sea of Thieves. Gameplay. Best thing at any of the conferences so far.

An open world co-op pirate game is really long overdue, and this looks pretty slick on the surface. I advise everyone to mute the trailer at about 0:25.

Looks like consoles are going the way of smartphones: more frequent upgrades and older models will still run most/all of the same games as the new ones. but performance will vary. It'll be especially interesting how they price these in the future and how the public responds to it. I wonder if the console as we know it is going to become a Steam Box-like thing, with simultaneous release of multiple "consoles" with varying levels of power.

Edited by Kinetic, 13 June 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#87 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

PC Gaming Show
  • Ark Survival Evolved expansion or mod or something called Ark Primal Survival. Allows you to play as any animal or dinosaur in the game: wolves, bears, eagles, sharks, monkeys, even fucking ants. Gameplay. Looks pretty neat.
  • Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Mount & Blade Warband was a great medieval sandbox action RPG. Really looking forward to this sequel.
  • LawBreakers Zero-G Gameplay Trailer. Cliff Bleszinski's new game. Actually looks kinda cool. Open PC alpha.
  • Turing Test
  • Dual Universe. Open-galaxy MMO space sim where you build ships, space stations, cities, etc. Fully editable universe. Everyone plays in the same world at the same time. Seems like a massively multiplayer Space Engineers. Trailer.
Ubisoft
  • Ubisoft's show opener: a Just Dance poor-man's hipster cirque du soleil. Ubisoft, where do you think you are right now?
  • Then Aisha Tyler came out and put an end to that weirdness.
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands again. More of Ubisoft's fake gamer co-op banter. Still doesn't look anything like Ghost Recon.
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Looks like a nice, fat sequel. Pre-order and get The Stick of Truth for free. Dec 6, 2016.
  • The Division Expansions. No one cares.
  • Star Trek: Bridge Crew. Levar Burton is delightful and seemed pretty genuine about his love for the game. Unfortunately, it's VR shovelware.
  • For Honor. Campaign gameplay demonstration. Feb 14, 2017. Looks real good, but it's Ubisoft so I can't be too optimistic.
  • Grow Up. Grow Home sequel. Trailer.
  • Trial of the Blood Dragon. Trials game or expansion or something. Available now.
  • Watch Dogs 2. If you make it through this whole dev diary and still have a positive attitude, then I'm sure you'll love Watch Dog 2. Also, please pay attention to every time they say "hack".
  • Steep. New IP. Extreme sports open world game. Skiing, snowboarding, paragliding, wingsuits, etc. Gameplay demonstration. December 2016.

#88 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

God of War 4. Sony wins already.

#89 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

Oh my god, how do Sony keep doing it? They made me want Call of Duty...

Wait... ARGHHHH, Crash music.

Edit: Remastered... meh.

Edited by UHYVE, 13 June 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#90 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

SonyNot as many bombs dropped as their last conference, but another world class presentation from Sony. Impressive.

Edited by Blaze, 14 June 2016 - 10:17 AM.

#91 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

Sony

• Curtains Down. The lights dim. An orchestral opening. A dark tone is set. God of War 4. I don't even like God of War, but this looked better than God of War has ever looked, and I'm not talking visually.
  • Resident Evil VII. PT vibes. Gameplay Trailer. Playable demo available now.
  • Kojima reveals himself. Death Stranding. A Hideo Kojima game.
  • They finally made Kratos a character with possibly human emotions. I actually care about this game, shocker.
  • Apparently ex-PT staff are in fact working on REVII... and the demo isn't up yet, gahhh. No Del Toro though...
  • I freaked.

Edit: Insomniac could seriously be a perfect match for Spiderman.

Edited by UHYVE, 13 June 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#92 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

I want to be Spaderman

Also, our circle of friends is not capable of operating a pirate ship.

#93 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

As much as I've been hating on Call of Duty's multiplayer side, I'll have to agree with Blaze. The campaign reveal surprised me.

Loved how they weren't talking to us for an hour. Just went straight into the games and never stopped. So many good games. Bravo Sony.

YES, we have to do the ship game.

Edited by DualX, 13 June 2016 - 07:08 PM.

#94 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

Best part from the PC Gaming show: https://youtu.be/JalTuldOJK4?t=26m35s

Edited by Blaze, 13 June 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#95 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:22 PM

Lol, after the "reveals himself" comment, I knew you were an ally.

#96 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

Quit trying to make us watch EasyAllies. Stop it.

#97 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:20 PM

.... You totally should though.

I need the money right now and I've not cancelled my patreon, heh... I'm an idiot.

#98 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:06 AM

Man, I really WANT that xbone S, but I don't know if it's just stupid to get that thing if I'll get a Scorpio next year. That S is finally Xbox hardware that stacks up to PlayStation, streamline with built-in power supply, no gimmicks with ports, and Bluetooth. I'll probably play Gears of War 4 but everything else was meh for MS.

Lots and lots of AAA shooters with fan bases vying for attention these days. Seriously; Overwatch, Gears, Doom, Battlefield, COD, Halo, Destiny, Battlefront, Titanfall. The only new one which looks unique to me is Battlefield 1, which looks awesome.

Also, Sony wins. I'm not even a fan but wow at God of War 4, and the unexpected surprise of an amazing looking Spider-Man game. Sony just has the better exclusives and they do a great job of presenting their games and putting them front and center.

#99 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

Team EasyAllies is better than Team GiantBomb. 1v1 me bisch.

#100 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

I never buy deluxe editions, but I'm absolutely buying this.

Helps that it's $50 on Amazon Prime.

What are you talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq