• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:04 AM

To say that we're an MLG oriented clan would be a major understatement, so I'm guessing most of us are going to be hitting Team Hardcore pretty frequently when we're not playing customs, and we play a lot of Hardcore's gametypes in our custom games anyways, so it will be doubly useful to talk through some of these strategies. When you present a strat, realize that we will probably face situations where it's used against us, so try to discuss its shortcomings and good ways to overcome it, as well. Also, if your strat is the first one to discuss a map, talk about how to effectively communicate the other team's locations (see below for an example). The gametypes, once again, are as follows: Backwash Classic CTF Pro (3) 8 --- 3% Beaver Creek Classic CTF Pro (3) 10 --- 4% Elongation Classic CTF Pro (3) 8 --- 3% Midship Classic CTF Pro (5) 12 --- 5% Warlock Classic CTF Pro (5) 10 --- 4% Backwash Crazy King Pro 4 --- 2% Beaver Creek Crazy King Pro 6 --- 2% Elongation Crazy King Pro 4 --- 2% Gemini Crazy King Pro 4 --- 2% Ivory Tower Crazy King Pro 6 --- 2% Lockout Crazy King Pro 6 --- 2% Midship Crazy King Pro 6 --- 2% Sanctuary Crazy King Pro 4 --- 2% Warlock Crazy King Pro 4 --- 2% Sanctuary Multi Flag Pro 6 --- 2% Beaver Creek Neutral Bomb Pro 5 --- 2% Midship Neutral Bomb Pro 7 --- 3% Elongation Oddball Pro 4 --- 2% Ivory Tower Oddball Pro 4 --- 2% Lockout Oddball Pro 10 --- 4% Midship Oddball Pro 10 --- 4% Warlock Oddball Pro 8 --- 3% Backwash Rifles Pro 7 --- 3% Midship Rifles Pro 3 --- 1% Warlock Rifles Pro 3 --- 1% Beaver Creek Slayer Pro 12 --- 5% Elongation Slayer Pro 8 --- 3% Ivory Tower Slayer Pro 10 --- 4% Lockout Slayer Pro 12 --- 5% Midship Slayer Pro 10 --- 4% Warlock Slayer Pro Cov 8 --- 3% Colossus Snipers Pro 7 --- 3% Ivory Tower Snipers Pro 5 --- 2% Lockout Snipers Pro 5 --- 2% Sanctuary Snipers Pro 7 --- 3%

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

Colossus Team Snipers
First, communication is crucial, but it is very easy to communicate positions on this map. Each side of the map can be separated into 3 sections: base, mid, and top. The base is obvious, and if you can get a team trapped spawning in one of the bases, you have a huge advantage. Mid is the area around where the BR spawns in default weapon games. Because some people like to hide up on the actual BR structure, I differentiate that by calling it... BR. Amazing, I know. The top is the area up near where the sniper spawns. Virtually anywhere on the map can be called out by the color and one of those tags. "Top red" for example. If you want you can get more specific, but once your teammates are looking in the right direction, that's usually enough for them to spot the target. This leaves just three more areas on the map. The area where the sniper usually spawns in default weapon games- "Sniper", the area below that- "Top Center", and the floor- "Floor". Pretty flippin' easy...

While this gametype is mostly just about shooting first and with more accuracy, there are some strategic considerations. First and foremost, if your team can spread out enough to force the other team to spawn in the same spot, you can go on quite a run. Team 3D lost their first MLG tournament ever because in Colossus snipers (usually one of their best gametypes) TmG managed to force them to keep spawning in one of the bases. They lost 50-31, a ridiculous margin for a pro game. Keep in mind, though, that this IS Halo 2. Spawns can be random. Keep looking around and checking your six, because at any time the team could get a random lucky spawn.

Now, if we get trapped in one of the bases, be PATIENT. Don't lose a whole bunch of kills trying to hop out guns blazing and get a triple kill. When you spawn, dive for cover, then use angles. Figure out where the other team is set up, then position yourself so that only one can possibly shoot you. Pop out only when you're going to take a shot, and have your reticule set up in his general direction before you make your move. Play smart and conservative, and keep up the communication. Once you have the majority of the other team on the respawn, try to spread out, and regain control of the map.

One final hint: if you get trapped by a spawn on the floor, DO NOT jump up the grav lift. A fifth grader with one hand could snipe you as you slowly float to the top of the map. Instead, work your way up the ramp and let your team know that you're in a compromised position. As quickly as you can, get to the area with the conveyor belts at the top, which has lots of cover for you to use. The other, sneakier option is to hit one of the gas containers by the grav lift onto the conveyor belt. It will go up the lift, making that obnoxious noise that will get the entire team looking at the lift. Not only will this distract them and give your teammates a chance to take a few of them out, but most people will see that it's just a gas container and then go back to whatever they were doing. If you take the lift a few seconds after the cannister, it will not make the noise again, and most people will have already turned away from the lift again. Sneaky...

Any comments?

#3 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:54 AM

Midship Classic CTF Pro. This strat involves 3 people, while the fourth needs to do recon since there's no motion sensor and alert the center people to enemies on the move. Once the flag is grabbed, you can score it in a matter of seconds. It's imperative to control the center platform. 2 people on the platform, preferably with 4 sticky grenades each. One person in the home base, the fourth doing their thing (COMMUNICATING!). First off, toss 2 grenades from the platform into each the front corners. This will definitely take out anyone hiding in the corner with a shotty. Use the third grenades and place them at the ramp entrances to the opposing base. Once the grenades are tossed, one player immediately jumps into the base. No motion sensor means that anyone under the base won't know what's happening, and by the time they jump up, it's too late. While any enemies hiding just outside the base have fallen back out of the grenades blast area. The person that jumps into the base grabs the flag, turns around, jumps right back out, and tosses the flag to the middle platform guy. The middle platform guy immediately turns around, jumps, and tosses it to the third guy in the base, who turns around and scores the flag. Once the flag is scored, the first person should have had enough time to get right back up in the base to grab another flag. if we wanted to, we could work it so that the 4th person starts moving to the middle platform to immediately catch the 2nd toss once the first grab is made.

#4 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:57 AM

They need a big team hardcore so we can get a good Coag or Headlong game going.

#5 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

What are the numbers next to the gametype?

Beaver Creek Classic CTF Pro (3) 10

#6 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:01 PM

The number in parentheses is the number of flag captures that it takes to win. The second is the time limit for the game. The third is the percent likelihood that you will be given a particular gametype.

#7 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:17 PM

Cool. I thought it might've been max player size.

#8 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:03 PM

No radar means more communicating. Which means you're going to need to buy some duct tape for that mic, Dual. Haha Syra remember that grav lift headshot, yeah mad skills. I'd say that for any TS game, it's more of a responsive strategy to what the other team's doing and working together. People can get owned if they're like- we said we'd control sniper tower, gotta get to sniper....and get stomped. I like the sound of the Midship strategy, if it was time-race to between the teams with no shooting. That's pretty spread out and we would need 4-leeter than everyone on the other team-players. All you need is the first shot. But try it out that's the only way, haha I read about this strat on Terminal that got everyone in the hog killed and we barely got rockets. Sucked ace. Btw is Hardcore ranked?
don't tread on me

#9 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

This new playlist will be "ranked", meaning that all players will have a number next to their name that indicates their relative skill in the playlist and is used to match them with equal opponents. However, there will not be a new Leaderboard added to Bungie.net.

#10 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:11 PM

Yes, HC is ranked.

#11 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:31 PM

Maybe people won't cheat without a leaderboard to brag about.
don't tread on me

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:50 PM

No, they'll still cheat. Sorry. Yeah, that Midship CTF strat just doesn't work in BR start. But it's viable for those lame-ass PR starts in Team Skirmish. Basically, MLG strat on that map revolves around rushing the combo at the beginning, then getting map control, with one guy sword-whoring and one or two holding the top, so that the other team can't really ever go on the offensive. Kill most of the other team, grab the flag, then look for the respawns. They'll usually spawn at carbine or under pink, so that they have a chance to stop the flag carrier. One JT-like strat that's slightly more feasible is tossing the flag to the guy in our base from underneath. Just make sure you Hold X if you're the guy on top, because it's very difficult to actually land the flag in the base from below. On the subject of flag tossing, you ALL need to learn how to toss the flag from Beaver Creek's bases so that it lands back behind the teleporter. It's not hard, you just have to know where to aim. I'll show you some time if you need help. It makes a huge differenece in capture time, but I don't want to get too in-depth into Beaver Creek strategy because that's one of the tougher more involved maps in my opinion.

#13 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

Haha yeah dude seriously, spare us. Your BC strat would be like 4 pages.
don't tread on me

#14 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

Just in case you missed this bamazing bisgusting game, I have more
Proof that I know what I'm talking about on Colossus.
Clean sweep of PVP
And a sexy Killtacular.

It was a clinic...
Posted Image

#15 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:38 PM

oh sure, now you get back online, the moment I leave. Why I oughta, by the way were you implying that I was a fat kid? From that old picture you had as your avatar and the member description, that's what I'm assuming you meant. And just for your info I'm not fat, it's glandular. ;)

#16 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

No Van, you're not a fat kid. It's a Family Guy quote. First, Chris is in the supermarket and a security guard comes up to him and confronts him for stealing hams and hiding them in his shirt. But then he finds out Chris is just a fat kid. Then later in the episode, Chris is sitting on the diving board and a security guard comes up to Peter and says "Sir, I'm sorry, but you can't park your van on the diving board." When he figures out it's not a van, he yells to his partner "Hey, it's not a van, it's just a fat kid!" And that kid in my avatar was fat. I just forgot to fix my title after I changed my avatar. Don't get your panties in a bunch. As to the just starting to play after you leave, it wasn't intentional. First my college was too busy to help me, then I was too busy to get pissed at my college for not helping me, so it literally took four weeks for OIT to try to set up my Xbox and two more weeks for me to find time to get back there and tell them that they were morons and hadn't set it up right. They're cool, though, they got all excited about the 'box, and they said that this time they weren't leaving until they were sure it was set up right. I'm back now, and ready to pwn n00b feggits with you on Team Hardcore after you get done pimping hoes in Puerto Rico.

#17 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:21 PM

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I won't let them get any further bunched.

I'm back now, and ready to pwn n00b feggits with you on Team Hardcore after you get done pimping hoes in Puerto Rico.

That's good to hear, and yes there will be much pimping. I've been reading this book called The Game, that helps dudes pick up hot babes. It's got some good ideas, but the main goal for the author is to get girls into bed, which I'm not interested in. I'm thinking of making some Mormon spinoffs like: Getting to Third Base: Holding a girl's hand on the first date, Getting Married in less than a month (a BYU specialty and Tradition), and Bringing Home that Special Someone . . .to meet the rest of your wives.

Just so I can say something on topic- The BR takes 3 shots and then the headshot, so it's 4 altogether, as long as the last one's a head shot. This is crucial guys, learn it, love it, live it. ;)

#18 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:52 AM

I'm thinking of making some Mormon spinoffs like: Getting to Third Base: Holding a girl's hand on the first date, Getting Married in less than a month (a BYU specialty and Tradition), and Bringing Home that Special Someone . . .to meet the rest of your wives.

Ladies and gentlemen, time to shut the forum down. Nothing will ever be as funny as this quote, so let's just stop trying.

Van wins the internet. ROFLCOPTER.
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq