Photo

Destiny

• Please log in to reply
1210 replies to this topic

#81 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

Hmm, I opted to pre order it on amazon but it still wants to charge me £45 now...
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#82 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Don't worry about pre-ordering this. I'm sure they'll be handing them out once it's available just like they did with the alpha. Worst case, I'll give you my beta code and I'll annoy Cocop until he gets me one.

#83 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Drew, were you able to join the Ascendant Justice clan? Does it display it under your name in the lobby?

#84 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

Yes and I never got a chance to check, I'm at work until 11pm today. I did see others with clans under their names in the lobby, however. Pretty neat, glad to have clan support back in the game... Now if only 343 could take a hint as well.

#85 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm curious because I just noticed that I had membership set to "Requires Admin Approval", so I'm wondering if there's a bug here.

I think the Alpha servers turn off at 6PM tonight, so I'll have someone investigate this here.

#86 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

I played a couple of MP matches last night and the mode needs a lot of work, I think.

I dig the maps, but I don't think letting people bring their secondaries into combat is a good idea. The shotgun and sniper absolutely destroy, and should definitely be items that are placed on the map. As soon as I brought out the sniper on the Moon, my K/D shot up to 3.5+. I just stood next to the dome and sniped people as they came out of spawn over and over and over... Not very fun for the other team, I imagine.

Vehicles also seems pretty broken, and the Pike at least has way too much health. Unless you can get a good angle with the sniper, or are lucky enough to have heavy ammo, you're pretty much defenseless.

Supers are a joke, basically three to nine guaranteed kills a match depending on your class. They have no place in MP. Warlocks have by far the easiest super to use, you would have to actively try to miss with it. Getting away from the Titan super is as easy as double jumping with any class, which limits its usefulness to when you get the drop on someone or you use it on a vehicle. In skilled hands, the Hunter's super is three one-shot kills - kinda dumb. They're all fucked and I hope they're removed entirely from PvP.

The different jumps also mess with MP. Titans further down the upgrade path have a huge advantage here, I think. The jetpack is fast and takes you further in height and distance than any of the other jumps. Hunters definitely got boned in this department, he double jump is just shit compared to the jetpack and the glide.

I definitely won't be playing PvP outside of completing my codex if this is how it appears in the final game. By far the most imbalanced competitive MP mode that I've played in a long while.

#87 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

The non-competitive side of the game is fucking awesome though, and I have a lot to say about it at some point today, like when my boss isn't hovering.

#88 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

This Easter egg is awesome!

#89 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Works best in full screen

#90 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

I knew there was a reason I trusted Bungie on this game.

#91 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

The playstation exclusive content has just been announced on Euro gamer. It's a timed exclusive(fall 2015) that amounts to a Mars based Co op strike, a competitive map, 2 guns and a few armour and ship variants.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#92 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

It looks like during E3 someone noticed an asterisk next to the exclusive DLC for Playstation, and it's all apparently just timed exclusive.

#93 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

For how long? If it's really fall 2015, that's a long ass time for an MP map and a unique Strike to be exclusive...

#94 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

It could be a five minute exclusive and I'd still get it for PS4. heh

#95 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

It could be a five minute exclusive and I'd still get it for PS4. heh

Yeah, really has no impact on my decision either way.

It certainly is nice, though!

#96 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

Well hold up, is that stuff free or is it just available for purchase on PS4 before XBO?

I realize you guys have a hard on for the PS4, but some people think it doesn't make sense to own a Sony console to play the same 3rd party games which are available on both and only get the xbone for the exclusives.

#97 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

From what I understand it's free... Why would you have to pay for an exclusive dungeon or MP map? That doesn't really make any sense.

And yeah, I only play third party games on the PS4, nevermind the fact that it has plenty of its own exclusives. Why would I play the inferior version of a game when I own both consoles?

#98 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

Well hold up, is that stuff free or is it just available for purchase on PS4 before XBO?

I realize you guys have a hard on for the PS4, but some people think it doesn't make sense to own a Sony console to play the same 3rd party games which are available on both and only get the xbone for the exclusives.

Why is this?  Practically every multiplat game has been and will be better on PS4.  It makes perfect sense to play anything that's on both consoles on PS4. 

I WANT ALL MAH Ps!!!

#99 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

From what I understand it's free... Why would you have to pay for an exclusive dungeon or MP map? That doesn't really make any sense.

And yeah, I only play third party games on the PS4, nevermind the fact that it has plenty of its own exclusives. Why would I play the inferior version of a game when I own both consoles?

You do realize some timed exclusives are paid DLC right? Like COD does "First on XBOX" for their map packs. Not sure if that's the case for this Destiny DLC so that's why I'm asking.

1. Clearly the Xbone exclusive are more important to most people on this forum because that's what they spend their time discussing. I didn't see you start any Uncharted 4 threads.

2. See the Watch Dogs thread regarding graphics on the PC.

#100 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I WANT ALL MAH Ps!!!

Yep, just like Killzone multiplayer and it's FullHD 720p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq