Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

tumbleweed01mnks5.jpg

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Did you cut that image from the Breaking Bad trailer?

Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.

#3 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well...everybody here doesn't plays anything together anymore so yeah. Spies vs Mercs is looking really good and I was kinda blown away after they announced that Arkham Origins was going to have a multiplayer mode that seems to play very similar to a game mode I loved back in Metal Gear Online with Snake & Otacon vs two other competing teams. Plus I've been playing the hell outta Earthbound ever since it was released for the Wii U which will probably be the only legal copy of the game I will purchase for awhile because of this reason.

EDIT: Also...you guys should be playing GTA V now, why don't you have it yet?

Edited by DualX, 31 July 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Well...everybody here doesn't plays anything together anymore so yeah. Spies vs Mercs is looking really good and I was kinda blown away after they announced that Arkham Origins was going to have a multiplayer mode that seems to play very similar to a game mode I loved back in Metal Gear Online with Snake & Otacon vs two other competing teams. Plus I've been playing the hell outta Earthbound ever since it was released for the Wii U which will probably be the only legal copy of the game I will purchase for awhile because of this reason.

EDIT: Also...you guys should be playing GTA V now, why don't you have it yet?

Blaze and I have been playing games here and there.  Endless Space, BF3, Halo Reach, etc.  If you're on Steam and want to play, and see me on, just ask.  I usually hop on Steam when I'm going to play something.

I'm not totally thrilled with Spies vs Mercs as of yet.  My problems include:  

- Maps seem small.

- Spies have guns (seriously, why the fuck would you do this?)

- A designer said this line, "Yeah the mercs best weapon is distance, spies are deadly up close."  And considering spies can just taze and knife you from the front?  I believe them.  

- lolcrossbow.  #yearofthebow

However, I do think some things look promising.  Such as art direction, darkness of levels (even in regular mode,) and kill speeds on spies.  

As it stands?  I'll probably buy it.  But that's simply because I have expendable income, and I'm an idiot.  

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

I played Halo 4 2 nights ago. The Big Team Infinity Slayer playlist has a vanilla Slayer gametype with no AA, percs and standard loadouts which is very enjoyable. Surprisingly the gametype comes up a lot so I've played that about as much as Infinity Slayer. Also, since I've been going in alone I've matched up against much lower skilled people so I've mostly been at the top of my teams in kills. For a while I thought I was just terrible at the game, it looks like it's more a function of playing with people who are so good we get matched up against the MLG pro kids all the time.

#6 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

I will be getting Blacklist. Classic mode and co-op will be good.

I'm hoping to avoid the double dip -  buying the same game for both the 360 and XBOne/PS4.  I'm guessing Blacklist, GTA V, Arkham and others will all have versions on both gens.  So, I'm guessing I'll likely be selling Blacklist 360 on eBay to get the next gen version.

#7 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

I cancelled my gold account, so no online 360 gaming for me. I do play Super Street Fighter 4 AE on steam a lot though. Everyone should buy that. heh

#8 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

It really does seem like Nightshade and I are the only two who play the video games together. Gamble has gone the way of the McDuffy, so maybe this is all his fault. Though, honestly, I think Halo 4 being a dud prevented us from having a default multiplayer game to play, and we've all drifted towards other things, except for Nightshade and I who have tied our rafts together using seaweed and old floss.

Anyway:
  • I think I like Endless Space more than Civ 5
  • I'd be happy to help anyone get into Chivalry
  • Crackdown is free right now for gold members
  • I'll be getting Blacklist since I'm very interested in Spies vs Mercs Classic

#9 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Speaking of SFIV, I was thinking about picking up Skullgirls. I've only heard good things about it. Anybody interested in going in on a 2-pack? 4-pack?

Other than that, I've been working on my backlog (took out Bioshock Infinite, almost done with the furries game).

More of you guys need to get on at 4a. It's the best time. Your family isn't up and demanding your attention. The bandwidth is better if you're on cable. Your house makes creepy noises that keep freaking you out. It's nice.

#10 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

So uh... You gonna explain that My Little Pony Steam avatar sometime Mattacus?

#11 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

I work everyday. This is my first weekend off in 2 months.

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

• Crackdown is free right now for gold members

Seriously, one of my favorites of this generation. I couldn't find one hidden orb, and this was back when I was compulsive about Achievements. Fuck that noise.

#13 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've been very busy lately.  My drug of choice is Starcraft 2 and I've barely been touching it.

My Live account will expire this fall sometime.  I renewed it for Halo 4 and look where that went.  I definately won't be renewing it this year.  The only multiplayer game that looks remotely interesting is Titanfall and that would be a PC purchase if at all.

By the way, all you Dark Souls lovers, try Dragon's Dogma.  For the little that I've played of both those and Demon Souls, they all have a familiar feel to them.  Except in Dragon's Dogma you have a full AI party you can die with.

Edited by Niterider, 02 August 2013 - 06:13 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Medical schoolz lol

#15 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

I don't really have much room to talk. Played my Corean little girl MMO for a while, but now I'm not doing much other than vegging out to Breaking Bad on Netflix and playing my weeb JRPGs. Hoping to get back into the multiplayer game when the PS4 rolls around.

I cancelled my gold account, so no online 360 gaming for me. I do play Super Street Fighter 4 AE on steam a lot though. Everyone should buy that. heh

Nobody wants to get their shit pushed in by you, deftec. I've had enough of that vicariously just by listening to Gamble go on about it.

It really does seem like Nightshade and I are the only two who play the video games together. Gamble has gone the way of the McDuffy, so maybe this is all his fault. Though, honestly, I think Halo 4 being a dud prevented us from having a default multiplayer game to play, and we've all drifted towards other things, except for Nightshade and I who have tied our rafts together using seaweed and old floss.

Anyway:

• I think I like Endless Space more than Civ 5

That good, huh? I might have to check it out. Also, I will take you up on your Chivalry offer next week, assuming I don't end up working overtime.

Speaking of SFIV, I was thinking about picking up Skullgirls. I've only heard good things about it. Anybody interested in going in on a 2-pack? 4-pack?

I would go in on a two-pack if you like, I'm definitely going to be picking it up.

I work everyday. This is my first weekend off in 2 months.

What the fuck, man? That's crazy. Making dosh I guess, but no days off for two months? Fuuuck.

Edited by Drew, 03 August 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#16 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Alright, Drew. Any other takers? Two more and we have a four-pack.

As for the Pinkie Pie avatar, I have two daughters. We watch MLP on Netflix on Saturday mornings (I watch it alone every other morning). We had a "Sonic Rain-boom" themed birthday at my house last year. Would you believe me if I told you it was my five-year old's party?

#17 Major Hayes

Major Hayes

Needler Master

• Veteran
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Skullgirls?  That looks.. interesting.

#18 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Do you guys listen to podcasts at all? I've been a bit unsure about posting one that I've been a part of on here because of "self-advertising" and all. I've been a part of this podcast for just over 2 years now, and we just finished up one yesterday so it should be posted up as soon as QA has been done.

Have you guys been a part of anything or just doing anything interesting outside of the forum?

#19 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

I haven't been a part of one, but I listen to them a lot. I commute at least 2 hours each day through sparsely populated countryside. Radio isn't a valid option.

I don't mind if you self-promote. If it sucks, I just won't listen to it. 

Kinda like the Gamescoop podcast. Used to be just a buncha nerds discussing games and other crap, now it's completely commercial garbage and I don't listen to it.

You have a link for us?

#20 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

Zenspath

This is where we've been uploading them along with other news articles that we choose. Very casual atmosphere where we just talk about subjects on what we are currently playing, and give our opinions on some of the interesting things going around the gaming industry. You'll be happy to hear that we don't include commercials of any kind in our material so I hope that makes it less shitty.

On a side note, I don't believe we've been getting enough viewer feedback so we're still looking at ways to make the podcast more accessible. With our most recent one coming up, we're going to have a new rss feed to itunes/zune. We're also going to be doing more projects here coming up to include three of us doing "Let's Play" videos while we talk more gaming stuff. Should be fun.

And for those of you who don't already know who I am, because I won't be going by any online name on the site/show, I'm Arthur "AJ" Heinrich.

Edited by DualX, 04 August 2013 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq