New Halo novels on the way

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

http://xbox360.ign.c...0/970001p1.html

"The Forerunners' existence and unexplained disappearance are the central mysteries of the Halo universe, and Bear's series, due to begin with the release of the first book in 2010, would seem to offer the answers Halo fans have been seeking since the release of Halo: Combat Evolved in 2001. But would the Microsoft Halo team (which is helmed by ex-Bungie Halo guru Frank O'Connor), really allow the biggest secrets of Halo to be revealed in a book series first? Or does this announcement point to a direction the Halo videogame series may soon take? "

Sounds like we may know the direction MS is taking with the next Halo games.

#2 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

So apparently this guy Bear is the premier Sci-Fi writer. Huge win for Frankie and MS. Hopefully they don't write the back story themselves and consult bungie, McLees, and the Halo Story Bible.

#3 PooBone

PooBone
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

Awesome! I can't wait. I'll be counting down the days to the release of the first book, first time that's ever happened.

#4 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Sounds cool. I don't particularly care if the 'secrets' of the forerunners are revealed in a book series, as long as they are revealed :tongue:
XBL: Nuvalari

#5 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

Sounds cool. I don't particularly care if the 'secrets' of the forerunners are revealed in a book series, as long as they are revealed :tongue:

100% agree. I can't wait for this novel, though there have been no new details surrounding its release. I was hoping for an early release in 2010, but the lack of news has me kind of down.

#6 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Has anyone on these forums read anything by Greg Bear?
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#7 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Has anyone on these forums read anything by Greg Bear?

I guess the site isn't dead after all! I was expecting to see a 404 message...

I haven't read greg bear but he's been recommended to me several times. One of these days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq