#1 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:24 AM

Gamersyde interview with Frankie and Brian

Frankie:
There really hasn?t been a single idea that we have wanted to implement in the game from the start, which we haven?t put in there. Now it?s more a case of deciding where to rein things in and what to leave out. We could have implemented even larger battles with even higher numbers but this wouldn?t necessarily make the game better or more fun to play.

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:05 AM

Will the feature that requires you to press up on the D-pad to speak be in the final game?
Frankie: We?ve made a bunch of changes to ?push to talk? so that everybody can set up their game how they want it. It?s now extremely flexible and we?re confident that everybody will be able to settle on a scheme that they are happy with.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:12 AM

Am I the only one who really wasen't bothered by using the D-Pad to talk? Maybe I just have big hands but it was not hard for me. Even in a fight.

#4 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:27 AM

I eventually got used to the PTT feature, but I'm happy they made it an optional thing you can set for yourself, one less thing for people to bitch about.

#5 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:30 AM

Am I the only one who really wasen't bothered by using the D-Pad to talk? Maybe I just have big hands but it was not hard for me. Even in a fight.

It started to grow on me towards the end of the Beta, but I never stopped wishing that I could map the function to say, the X button, and put Equipment on the d-pad seeing as I'll be talking to my team a lot more than deploying Bubble Shields and the like.

Who knows though, I might end up keeping things the way they are.

Edited by Kinetic, 09 August 2007 - 07:32 AM.

#6 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

The way he speaks, we might have an option of mapping features to wherever we want them.

#7 broony

broony
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

Not really usre where to post this, but its a video interview with Sketchfactor from the BBC

Usual stuff but there is a tiny bit of footage of people playing campaign, looks to be Tsavo highway.

BBC video

You will need to click on the Halo link on the right, I'm having trouble directly linking

Edited by broony, 09 August 2007 - 09:53 AM.

#8 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

thanks Broony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq