Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

I'm afraid you've been duped - the beta is actually a very sophisticated network datamining tool disguised as some aspects of what Halo 3 will be. Such datamining only works with an extremely large sample size.

So - the beta is missing not only maps, weapons, and vehicles, but loads of polishing, weapon balancing, graphic and sound work, lots of networking bugs/features, etc.

Anyway, assuming that you've seen even a quarter of the final game is... well... wrong. And just because the beta was widely distributed and marketed doesn't mean it wasn't just a big beta test - with lots of stuff still to come.

I know it's a simple quote. But something caught my eye, We haven't even seen a quarter of the final game. That makes me really happy. Right now the beta is sweet. But some things are lacking. If what Bungie said is true we look to get alot more in the final game and what those hackers caught could all be not only true....but they are still missing stuff.

I also wanted to point out that OXM said their June 7th (OMG 7!!!) issue will list all the maps they played when they visit Bungie. At the very least people without the beta will get a better look at snowbound, High ground and Valhalla. But my guess is it will be the 2 maps in the MS beta plus a couple more. Some even state every map (largest map ever hopefully) I can't wait.....it's a good year to be a Halo fan and with only 3 months left...I might break into Bungie. BTW I saw some people getting custom games started. I'm finding out how fairly soon. If not a mod we should try to do it. That will get Voc all the info he needs.

Edited by quickshade, 29 May 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Wait, wait, wait. Slow down there, buddy. Where did you find this quote? Where did you hear this OXM stuff? We need sources!

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

Once we get some OXM info please post it in this thread.

#4 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

I think there is going to be a huge blowout. OXM's website is under construction. I don't know if it is anything related, but who knows.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq