• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#41 Exile

Exile

President of Arbiter fan club

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

a two handed pistol the m6D must be higher caliber weapon now well i hope it is but i didnt care for the wepon anyway....... :wacko:

WHERE ARE THE ELITES. GOD DAM. I WANT MY ELITES IN MULTIPLAYER GAH.
hopefully their in the beta

#42 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

I present to you Syracuse's train of thought in stream of consciousness: Clicks on site: OMG Blaze don't play with me. 0:34 Haha that's gay. 0:43 Looks stupid mcstupid. 0:47 Looks AWESOME. 0:52 (See 0:34) 0:58 OMG YES SEX YES OMG YES OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES YES 1) The smaller reticule is SECKSY. 2) The graphical prettiness combined with the lower reticule make for a potential problem (perhaps intended). Notice how for both the M6D and the sniper, the muzzle flash (M6D) and the gas effect (the SR2 is gas powered) obscure the reticule temporarily. Yikes. Reserving judgement but... Here's hoping they just go ahead and raise the reticule. Kthx. 3) Yay! They didn't lie in the MNF Commercial! I could almost kiss Frankie on the big, shiny forehead! Complaints to alpha video takers: It's not like Bungie is going to storm through your door and catch you while you are in the act of taping this game. They may knock politely on your door weeks later with legal paperwork out the ass if they have figured out that you have put the video on the internet, however. Well, many of you have gone ahead and taken the second step, where the door-smashing risk actually resides. But the whole hit squad thing while you're taping? Not gonna happen. It's okay to actually set up the camera, take some time and thoroughly show us the game with some care: 1) Show us the maps - walk around them, point out weapons and interactive environment features. If something looks pretty, take time to show it to us. Shooting at the sky? Not doing a good job of this. 2) Show us the weapons- so they did this in this vid, but zoom in with each weapon, show us the reload and melee for all of them, be thorough. Now I don't know whether the M6D has a zoom, whether its reload is still quick enough to continue a kill combo, whether it still has the same sweet ASS melee animation, etc. 3) Show us some gameplay. So, they've done this in other vids, but for short clips where they get a Double Kill. Go ahead and tape a whole game. You're already putting the video on the internet. Nut up and show us how bad you really are. We'll be too busy looking at the game mechanics themselves to actually care or make fun of you. EDIT: In retrospect, the whole game thing might not be a good idea if stat tracking is enabled for the alpha, as Bungie could just go on the website and find a game on the map you played with the stats you had. It'd take time, but they'd nail you for sure if they cared enough to find you. Anyways... Thanks Blaze!

Edited by Syracuse022, 13 February 2007 - 09:00 PM.

#43 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

Voc, that's not a picture of the Matchmaking screen at all. He is using the replay function. The top left corner says "Watch Round." He chooses one of the rounds from the white boxes on the left, then the UI updates to show more specifics at the bottom (the star- for Slayer maybe? and the screenshot of Valhalla). The right hand side shows all of the players that were in the game (including what looks like their rank icon next to their name). He selects one, the game goes to the wonderful green cmd window or whatever it is while it loads the replay, then shows the game. Of course the vid itself is chopped up, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing we saw was a replay. The UI for this game is absolute fire (aside from the stand-in green loading screen), and I can't wait to replay my pistol kills for you feegits.

EDIT: Damn. I'm wrong. It definitely is the Matchmaking screen. I posted this on H3DA as well. I'm a moron. It says "Searching for Match" and then "Match Found." Everything else I said about the UI still holds true, though, and now the rank icons are in a context that makes more sense. Sorry guys.

Edited by Syracuse022, 13 February 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#44 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

What post? I don't see any post. :wink: As far as the scope, my guess is that it does, in fact, have a scope. The barrel's shape is identical to the one from Halo 1, the one which had a scope inserted at the tip of the barrel that was electronically connected with Spartan's armor. They didn't zoom in on the BR55 or the M6D. I talked to some alpha testers and they're pretty scared of the NDA. Microsoft is cracking down hard on people who leak this shit and according to Frank, they've found every one. Microsoft determines whether it should be a slap on the wrist or a termination - but people have been fired for this before. Maybe that's why the vids don't show very much and are relatively short - people need something to fall back on if they get caught. You know, like stealing from the cookie jar - you don't take every cookie, just a few so if you get caught you can say, "Hey mom, I only took one damn cookie!"

#45 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

Oh... yay... the pistols back... Whoo-hoo. :confused:

#46 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:44 AM

People keep asking me if I play the Halo 3 Alpha ever since I uploaded that video. Everyone seems to think that I made the video and I did a shitty job of filming it. It amazes me that no one reads the description that clearly states it's "BipChizzle's" video and he leaked it. In fact, BipChizzle contacted me on Youtube and told me "fu taking credit for other peoples vids." Now I know why he violated the NDA -- he can't fucking read. He worked for Microsoft?

#47 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Blaze, you did a shitty job of filming that video.

#48 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, blaze. Stay off drugs. And do a better job violating your NDAs.

#49 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

Blisaze, you should totally film your monitor while the video is playing, and then post that. As a video response. Yeah. And then I could film my monitor while your film of your monitor plays, and so on. It would be a vortex of pain.

#50 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

That's not a bad idea.

#51 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:01 AM

So didin't know quite where to put this but check this out. Supposably, you can auction on Ebay to have a voice over in Halo 3, seen here. Which I think is cool, but way to expensive for my tastes. But check this out, in the green discription in the second paragraph it states, "Voiceover will be recorded at Blindlight Studios in Hollywood, CA before May 15, 2007 or this package will have to redeemed for Halo 4." So what do you guys think? Think the whole auction is a hoax? Typo? Or the truth?

#52 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:52 PM

I'd say it's about as legit as all of Barry Bonds' homerun records.

#53 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:42 PM

I'd say it's about as legit as all of Barry Bonds' homerun records.

My thoughts exactly, but I figured it was interesting enough to post.

#54 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

So didin't know quite where to put this but check this out. Supposably, you can auction on Ebay to have a voice over in Halo 3, seen here. Which I think is cool, but way to expensive for my tastes. But check this out, in the green discription in the second paragraph it states, "Voiceover will be recorded at Blindlight Studios in Hollywood, CA before May 15, 2007 or this package will have to redeemed for Halo 4." So what do you guys think? Think the whole auction is a hoax? Typo? Or the truth?

jidfjipdfjipdfpjdfjp

#55 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

Time for me to eat crow!

#56 Exile

Exile

President of Arbiter fan club

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

Footage of Halo 3 Menu Screen

WHERE ARE THE ELITES. GOD DAM. I WANT MY ELITES IN MULTIPLAYER GAH.
hopefully their in the beta

#57 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

Damn that's nice. I gotta wonder if it's real though because it's not the beta screen, or maybe it is.

#58 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

That strikes me as fake or at least not final. Here are a few reasons. 1) Did you notice how is went from the MSG Studios animation to the title screen and skipped the Bungie animation? 2) This "leak" uses a static piece of PR Halo 3 art for it's centerpiece which is very doubtful. 3) Some of the animation in the rotating circular hologram seems choppy. 4) What's up with "locked" in the UI. I Doubt it. 5) This just isn't cool enough to be final. a) Halo 1 had the camera sweeping and panning around a giant Halo for the title screen. B) Halo 2 had the camera panning around New Mombasa under siege with a huge Covenant ship in the air. c) Halo 3 has the camera focused on a static PR painting with a rotating hologram in the foreground? Nope. The Halo 3 title screen we have seen so far was an image of the vortex above the ark. But that title screen had motion and you could see lightning striking etc. This very recently released video shows a very recently released artists take on that scene with a static "3" rising out of a static ark and vortex. Again, if this isn't a leak it's definately not final. My money is on a leak. The alpha title screen was cooler. This would be a downgrade. Nice try, but not that nice. I expect the final version to have the camera sweeping around the ark and vortex with the vortex's clouds swirling and lighting striking. Maybe some Covenant vehicles flying around, etc.

Edited by Valor, 08 March 2007 - 12:20 PM.

#59 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

Ivan, you really do take everything Bungie feeds you like it's a gift from heaven. That looked shitty as hell, as generic as they come, and the fonts looked straight gay... It's also almost definitely fake. the music sounds like someone took the theme from the Temple of Time and played it over H2's menu music, and, well, the menu's shitty.

Valor, the Locked area is for Saved Films, they were listed at the bottom with the H2 Beta menu screen as well, I believe. There is also a precedent for the static menu image from the H2 Beta:
Posted Image

I definitely agree about the motion around the ark area (and have always liked that feature of both previous menus). I thought that the original menu screen (for the alpha) looked much more professional and much cleaner.

#60 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

I have read the above posts and I am really enjoying my decision to join you guys, on the Bungie forums half the shit on this post would have looked something like this:

AWSOME!!!! MOTHA FUKAS!!!!

Edited by Blamo, 08 March 2007 - 03:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq