• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

Or just stay in the kitchen and bring me a waffle.

You are fucked.

#42 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

Spartan III's in MP... confirmed? Bottom Right of image... [Enlarge it]
Posted Image

Edited by MasterChief2829, 25 May 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#43 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Looks like a Spartan III to me.

Posted Image

#44 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

Very interesting :) >=) Now maybe that fire was just added in for a dramatic effect but just maybe Halo 3 will have effected environments. Just imagine, you are in a big BTB match and as the match goes on the sunlight wears down and the map changes into night. Tank shells that hit the ground burn fires through the battlefield. That would hella cool :D

#45 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

Holy shit at the SIII in multiplayer.

Wait.

Holy shit at the SIII in ANYTHING HALO 3 RELATED. If they show up in MP... they've got to have some kind of significant role in SP, right? Hot damn, excellent find guys.

Upon closer examination (and a little magic), I'm completely convinced that it's an SIII. Enhanced images:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice the distinct curvature of the visor.

Edited by Drew, 25 May 2007 - 07:42 PM.

#46 Exile

Exile

President of Arbiter fan club

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

omg drew you are the picture wizard. wait what use would a spartan III have. no shields youd be fucked

WHERE ARE THE ELITES. GOD DAM. I WANT MY ELITES IN MULTIPLAYER GAH.
hopefully their in the beta

#47 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

I don't know but it'll be awesome :D

#48 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:15 AM

omg drew you are the picture wizard. wait what use would a spartan III have. no shields youd be fucked

If the armor customization were purely cosmetic - skins - it would be fine. There could be all kinds of options for new skins if that's an option.

#49 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

If the armor customization were purely cosmetic - skins - it would be fine. There could be all kinds of options for new skins if that's an option.

Yeah, I've got a feeling that Spartan-II and Spartan-III skins are just the tip of the iceberg. If you zoom in close on the character with the turret, it almost looks like ODST armor. As long as they're fair and balanced in terms of hit boxes and line of sight, I don't have a problem with a large selection of available skins. Since multiplayer exists outside of the fiction of campaign, I don't know that it would be problematic to introduce different types of armor for players interested in such things.

If that is the case then I personally can't wait to see the Elite armor variants.

#50 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

Yeah maybe it's even more customizable. I mean some of his armor like the helmet look like ODST and others look like Spartan armor. :o

#51 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

Here's something that I thought of the other night... Ok, you spawn in, and you get the "coming online" grid, then a clear "visor outline" that fades, but doesn't completely go away. If you look closely, the outline is always on your HUD. Now, Elites don't have visors like that. So, the HUD will/should be slightly different for whatever character models they put in. I think it would be a nice touch. I mean, the H2 HUD had color differences between the Elite and Spartan models, but that was it. I think it would be cool if the layout and overall presentation of the HUD changes depending on what model you use.

#52 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Yeah maybe it's even more customizable. I mean some of his armor like the helmet look like ODST and others look like Spartan armor. :o

Don't get me too excited, it's not healthy.

#53 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

That Spartan holding a turret? It's helmet surely is not a Spartan II's.

#54 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:06 AM

That Spartan holding a turret? It's helmet surely is not a Spartan II's.

It doesn't even look like the Mark V armor from Halo 1 if the slitted visor is anything to go by. That very well could be some beefier ODST armor.

#55 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:15 AM

If they gave us the option of using Mark V amrmor, it would be dream come true. That's my favorite version. What would be cooler is if you could pick and choose which variation each piece of armor is from. Let's say you have a Mark V helmet, a Mark VI chest, and then some Mark V thighs. But yeah, if you could use the Mark V, I would love MP even more.

#56 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:24 AM

That's exactly what I'm leading to believe.

#57 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:26 AM

I saw you're post and I wasn't sure if we were thinking the same thing. This might be the coolest MP ever.

If you zoom in close on the character with the turret, it almost looks like ODST armor.

Posted Image
Looks like it.

Edited by Blamo, 27 May 2007 - 07:47 AM.

#58 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

I don't know, it looks to me like the one with the turrent has thigh armor. Something the ODSTs don't have.

#59 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

If this is anything to go by, Halo 3 ODSTs will have tigh armor.

#60 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

Excellent pics, Blamo. I just saw a picture of a list of armor types people found in the hex code. I won't post it seeing there's a rule against it now, but everything points to being able to mix and match different types of armor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq