Photo

C'mon, Y'all! Get On Halo 2!

Halo 2

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

But it's true. Halo 2 is so much more competitive than Halo 3. It's faster paced and the maps are a ton better. Plus, the BR doesn't spread.

#22 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Not to mention the amazing glitches that make it fun for everyone.

#23 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

But I love superbounces.

#24 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

But I love superbounces.

Not amused.

#25 Merguson

Merguson

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

Not amused.

Posted Image

#26 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

Oh how you are about to get verbally assaulted.

O hay guyz, wats goin on in this thread?

#27 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

But Halo is so much better for competitive play. You dant have noobs running around spraying ARs all over the place. At least in Halo 2 the BR beats out the smg every time. In Halo 3 you get penalized for grabbing a more skill oriented weapon.

#28 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:55 AM

There's no way you can really prove that because it's not true. I almost always take out someone with an AR if I have a BR.

#29 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

But Halo is so much better for competitive play. You dant have noobs running around spraying ARs all over the place. At least in Halo 2 the BR beats out the smg every time. In Halo 3 you get penalized for grabbing a more skill oriented weapon.

You just used the word "Noobs" seriously. Therefore any point you have tried to make is invalidated.

#30 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

But Halo is so much better for competitive play.

Halo 1? Yes. Halo 2? No.

You dant have noobs running around spraying ARs all over the place.

Nope. You spawn with the M6D. Does Halo 2/3 have the M6D?

At least in Halo 2 the BR beats out the smg every time.

No it doesn't.

In Halo 3 you get penalized for grabbing a more skill oriented weapon.

If you don't have the skill required, then yes you do.

By the way, nobody is arguing with you about Halo 2 being more "competitive" or "fair" than Halo 3, because its a ridiculous statement that doesn't deserve a response.

Edited by Self Induced, 09 May 2008 - 12:37 PM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#31 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

Well Halo 3 is more fair. Bungie pretty much made sure of that. In my opinion, if you look past a few glitches in Halo 2, it is much more rewarding for competitive players. In Halo 2 the BR wins almost every time. I can beat an SMG with a BR any day. I dont know about you, Induced, but even in close quarters I could beat an SMG guy 90% of the time. In Halo 3 though, the AR is stronger in close range and decent at mid (short mid). In close combat (without nades) the Assault rifle will kill you before you can get 4 shots off with the BR.

#32 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

I can beat an SMG with a BR any day.

This is exactly the problem that Bungie is fixing in Halo 3. Halo 2 spawns people with a close range weapon, and they are fucked over by anyone who gets their hands on a BR. Halo 3 is giving people a more fair chance after spawning. If you can't tolerate this, then play something else.

When you play people who run in straight lines with the SMG/AR, or shoot them from mid-long range, you can beat them with the BR very easily... say, 95% of the time? But when you play people who actually know how to use a close-range weapon in a close-range setup, it becomes much, much more difficult.

Stupid people shoot SMG/ARs at people with BRs at mid to long range, because they will lose. Smart people will identify the SMG/AR for what they are and use them accordingly by avoiding those situations. If you can beat an SMG/AR any time no matter the context with a BR, then I suggest you play people at higher skill levels.

I dont know about you, Induced

I think you do.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#33 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

Halo 3 was made to be a more balanced game than Halo 2, and it is in most cases. The SMG isn't supposed to win against a BR, it's a single-handed weapon, and that's why the SMG is officially the worst starting weapon in the universe. You have to pair it up with something else in order for it to even be worthwhile.

#34 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

Well Halo 3 is more fair. Bungie pretty much made sure of that. In my opinion, if you look past a few glitches in Halo 2, it is much more rewarding for competitive players. In Halo 2 the BR wins almost every time. I can beat an SMG with a BR any day. I dont know about you, Induced, but even in close quarters I could beat an SMG guy 90% of the time.

In Halo 3 though, the AR is stronger in close range and decent at mid (short mid). In close combat (without nades) the Assault rifle will kill you before you can get 4 shots off with the BR.

Awesome logic there, so "if the BR wins almost everytime" its more about who spawns closest to a BR and not who's good with what right?

#35 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

This is exactly the problem that Bungie is fixing in Halo 3. Halo 2 spawns people with a close range weapon, and they are fucked over by anyone who gets their hands on a BR. Halo 3 is giving people a more fair chance after spawning. If you can't tolerate this, then play something else.

When you play people who run in straight lines with the SMG/AR, or shoot them from mid-long range, you can beat them with the BR very easily... say, 95% of the time? But when you play people who actually know how to use a close-range weapon in a close-range setup, it becomes much, much more difficult.

Stupid people shoot SMG/ARs at people with BRs at mid to long range, because they will lose. Smart people will identify the SMG/AR for what they are and use them accordingly by avoiding those situations. If you can beat an SMG/AR any time no matter the context with a BR, then I suggest you play people at higher skill levels.

I think you do.

OK, I see where you are coming from. It makes since I guess. I guess that giving someone a better weapon at spawn is a good idea.

I just thought of something though. The maps in Halo 2 offer more lanes of fire, so the BR was more effective. I guess thats why it seems like such a big difference to me. Halo 3 maps are more enclosed.

But I still think the BR should beat the AR...

#36 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

But I still think the BR should beat the AR...

It's all about how you use the weapon in certain situations that matters. BR will beat the AR in distance while the AR will beat the BR in closer battles, but you already knew this.
Spoiler

#37 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

Well, obviously, I know this. I just dont want to accept it.

#38 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Sounds like a personal problem then.

#39 Merguson

Merguson

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

Who wants to organize... another... h... Halo 2 party?

#40 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

I'm down. Just let me know

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq