• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

I hope you weren't hoping to hear, you know, the game - who would want that?

#2 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

I agree. Wanted to hear some of the new effects. I bet he had to do that. Sounds probably not yet completely finished. (but I wouldn't know...) Two negative thoughts: The splashing water effect looks awful. I think it was better in the first game. Hoping that that's just because this build is outdated. And, I know we've seen it before, but it just now kinda hit me that the new look for Alpha Halo makes it appear much more Covenant than Forerunner... Other than that, seriously can't wait to play this game! :)
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#3 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

It's hardly developer commentary with the commentary aspect now is it? And besides, an older build with some stuff not locked in at that point probably. I'm sure there will be a ton of media between now and the game's release. I'm guessing we'll get a ton at Halofest shortly.

#4 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

In the build he was showing everything sounded literally identical, there was nothing new at all. That's why he talked over it, there wasn't anything there that you haven't heard before.

#5 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

Actually, I need to take that back, I'm not sure if stuff was changed or not in that build. I think it was the original sounds but I could be wrong. Regardless, I know that most of the "new" audio stuff wasn't implemented in the E3 build so whatever was being used wasn't final or even close to final anyway, so hearing it wouldn't matter. As Dan said, that build is "old" by today's standard.

#6 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

I hope you weren't hoping to hear, you know, the game - who would want that?

Haha, I was hoping he would STFU too.

I agree the water looks terrible, I'm sure it will get a little better but not that great.

It was nice to see the menu system looks good. Nice and simple and clean.

I don't like the look of the new ring, I agree that it doesn't look right and the purple background isn't doing it for me either. I wished it had that darker color like in the original background.

Man, I forgot how perfect the grenades were in H1.

#7 aander91

aander91
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Really diggin the death animation from that first Elite. Glad they managed to match up the smaller details as well.

Edited by aander91, 22 July 2011 - 05:23 PM.

I rate this post/Drew.

XBL: aander91

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq