• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Per this thread on gaf this is happening.

Halo 2 Anniversary along with a whole bunch of other MS news. Keep in mind that the guy posting had to reveal via PMs to admins his sources, and the admins allowed it.

Halo 5 is apparently pushed to 2015, Halo 2 this year which makes sense given the new ilovebees activity such as Major Nelson's twitter post, etc. 

Halo 2 Anniv rumored to have original online multiplayer with all the maps on xbox one.

#2 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,044 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Oh.

Choose your response below:

NOW they give us original multiplayer over Xbox Live.  I guess no worries about splintering the non-existent H4 player base...

---------------------------

I've always wondered how Halo 2 would play with jet packs, armor lock, and ordinance drops!

Blood Gulch on Halo 4, finally!

Sprint on Lockout FTW!

Edited by JCTucker, 30 January 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

So this source has been confirmed by mods on gaf, confirmed by this guy on twitter who everyone says has a good track record, and now by The Verge.

Also this guy had this to say about Halo 2 Anniversary. There's a "war collection" with Halo 3 and Halo 4 ported over to xbox one.

Originally Posted by ntkrnl

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

#4 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

NOW they give us original multiplayer over Xbox Live.  I guess no worries about splintering the non-existent H4 player base...

No other Halo on Xbox One so there's no player base to splinter.

#5 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Meh, another cash in. I'll pass once again.

#6 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Oh.

Choose your response below:

I'm pretty sure the real reason is they didn't want to spend the resources coding online multiplayer.  For Halo 2, it's already there.

I have to admit, the idea of playing Halo 2 with the group again is a very nice thought.  Sadly, that ain't worth $600 just to play Halo 2.  I could buy a R9 290X for that (even with the inflated price).

EDIT: Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One had cross platform multiplayer.  Considering most software sales are still on last gen consoles, it would make sense.

Edited by Niterider, 30 January 2014 - 05:22 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#7 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

I never really got into multi player when H2 was out. I was playing too much other stuff on the PC at the time. I am quite interested in this though.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#8 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Gonna bet Halo 2's multiplayer will be using the Halo 4 engine like CEA and Reach.

Considering Sabre and Certain Affinity are involved again...

#9 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Gonna bet Halo 2's multiplayer will be using the Halo 4 engine like CEA and Reach.

DO NOT WANT

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

No chance, they already have a working online multiplayer and even if they wanted to use the BS splitting of the player base excuse again there's no other Halo game on the Xbone to split.

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

No chance, they already have a working online multiplayer and even if they wanted to use the BS splitting of the player base excuse again there's no other Halo game on the Xbone to split.

Bro, Halo PC had working multiplayer too.

#12 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Barely.  If you guys remember Nemesisblade\Pale Horse, he used to play it and told me horror stories about the net code.

It was also server based, not MM.

Edited by Niterider, 03 February 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#13 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Barely.  If you guys remember Nemesisblade\Pale Horse, he used to play it and told me horror stories about the net code.

I played a ton of Halo PC -- long before the days of Ascendant Justice -- and I will admit that it was a pretty janky online port, but it was still way more enjoyable than anything in Halo Reach or Halo 4. I would have taken a Halo PC 360 port long before that insulting garbage packed into Anniversary.

#14 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

If the guy was right about them releasing a HDier port of Halo 4 aswell, I can absolutely see them trying to make one large community instead of two smaller ones... at the cost of a long lasting community.

Replace the servers with clouds and I'm sure it'll make for a wonderful port.

Spoiler

Edited by UHYVE, 03 February 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#15 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

You're preaching to the choir, but Halo PC also required dedicated servers to mitigate the bad netcode, which probably wasn't an option for the 360. 

If any of you ever played Halo 2 Vista, it was remarkable. Full HD+ resolution, some textures redone, no pop-in, no jaggies, 60+ FPS, and it felt buttery smooth. I'm assuming they just port over the Halo 2 Vista like they did Halo PC for the campaign portion of CEA, add some dedicated servers with matchmaking (good connections, mitigates cheating), it'll already have the original multiplayer with all maps, bring over the last exclusive Halo 2 map pack, add campaign coop, and finally the stupid new graphics as long as you can turn them off. Profit.

#16 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

I actually purchased Halo 2 Vista some time ago.  I never bothered telling you because GFWL sucks ass and I never got the game to work.

#17 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

You're preaching to the choir, but Halo PC also required dedicated servers to mitigate the bad netcode, which probably wasn't an option for the 360. 

If any of you ever played Halo 2 Vista, it was remarkable. Full HD+ resolution, some textures redone, no pop-in, no jaggies, 60+ FPS, and it felt buttery smooth. I'm assuming they just port over the Halo 2 Vista like they did Halo PC for the campaign portion of CEA, add some dedicated servers with matchmaking (good connections, mitigates cheating), it'll already have the original multiplayer with all maps, bring over the last exclusive Halo 2 map pack, add campaign coop, and finally the stupid new graphics as long as you can turn them off. Profit.

How many of the button glitches (B-X-R, double shot, etc.) did they patch and/or fix in Vista?

#18 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

I'm pretty sure none of that stuff got patched. 

#19 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Okay, either this is more or less confirmation or Phil Spencer is a master troll:

"Never get tired of questions on what's coming. Just can't always answer as we need news at events. Halo 2 is a good game..."

https://twitter.com/...372525445357568

#20 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Supposedly confirmed by the voice of John 117 himself.

http://www.gamezone....lease-this-year

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq