Movies

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#21 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

Memoirs of a Geisha looks shit hot. Not even in a chick flick way, it just does. Makes the filmmaker part of me moist.

I'll link it some time.

My wife read the book and she says it's good. I don't know that I'll want to see it, based on her description, but it would be the first time I said no to a film with Asian hookers in it... so I am yet, undecided.

#22 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

it would be the first time I said no to a film with Asian hookers in it... so I am yet, undecided.

You should definately check out the Dead or Alive trailer..........
I can't believe that they haven't toned down the sluttiness of it all for the big screen........ that's awesome.

#23 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

Your Local Cinematographer and Photographer

• 623 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

Memoirs of a Geisha looks shit hot. Not even in a chick flick way, it just does. Makes the filmmaker part of me moist.

I'll link it some time.

Link
One step ahead of you drink....
XBL:RetroShadow
AIM:RetroShadow1

#24 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,989 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

it would be the first time I said no to a film with Asian hookers in it... so I am yet, undecided.

You should definately check out the Dead or Alive trailer..........
I can't believe that they haven't toned down the sluttiness of it all for the big screen........ that's awesome.

There are no weapons in DoA!!!

Kasumi and Ayane fighting on the same side? what a f'n joke!

Jaime Pressley's in it. As Tina. Yeah, she's a whore.

I want Lei Fang! Gen Fu was briefly there, as was Beyman(?). Christie had too much hair. And they managed to work in Volleyball. I think we just need Uwe Boll directing, and we'll have Super Mario Bros. beaten by a landslide.

#25 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image
"Ain't got shit on us"

#26 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:34 PM

Actually, I shouldn't be so quick to judge... It's directed by Cory Yuen (Kwai), and he did "Super Cops" (Michelle Yeoh, 1985), Jet Li's "The Legend" (best fight scenes I'd seen in awhile, turned me on to obscure kung fu movies) and "The Enforcer" (kinda boring with the kid), and "The Transporter" (Good transition to an English movie).

#27 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

I don't know if your knockin on Street Fighter but that movie kicked so much ass.
don't tread on me

#28 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:43 PM

Hell yeah, that is probably the greatest movie ever, or at least it has some of the best lines in a movie:

Best inspirational speech in a movie ever:

Colonel William F. Guile: Troopers! I have just received new orders. Our superiors say the war is cancelled, and we can all go home. Bison is getting paid off for his crimes, and our friends will have died here... will have died for nothing. But... we can all go home. Meanwhile, ideals like these - freedom, and justice - they get packed up. But... we can all go home. Well... I'm not going home. I'm gonna get on my boat, and I'm going up-reaver (river), and I'm going to kick that son-of-a-beach(bit*h) Bison's ass so HARD... that the next Bison wanna-be is gonna feel it. Now who wants to go home... and who wants to go with ME!

And remember that that speech is in Van Damme's accent, which is what makes it even more spectacular. One more quote:

Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
Chun Li: You don't remember?
Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Ha ha, I still say that to friends/people, and none of them have any idea what I'm talking about. The day Van graced your village was the most important day of your life . . .

#29 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:01 AM

Wow, that line was used in The Patriot.

#30 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:47 AM

I don't know if your knockin on Street Fighter but that movie kicked so much ass.

Hell no, I love the movie.

#31 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

• 623 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:35 PM

Remake....might be good.

#32 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:43 AM

X-Men 3

#33 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

• 623 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

X-Men 3

That movie is going to be sick....in a good way.

#34 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

Wooh! 'Bout time.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#35 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

• 623 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

Pirates of the Carribean 2
Miami Vice
Mission Impossible 3

#36 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:18 PM

Niiiiiice
don't tread on me

#37 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

Well, at least Cruise has his hair back to a respectable length. All the running and gunning makes me wonder if it'll be too much like the second MI.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#38 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:08 PM

Resident Evil, Uwe Boll Movie Details

Celebrate the holidays with info. on mediocre movies.

Sorry to burst your bubble, folks, but no matter the box office outcome of the upcoming BloodRayne and In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, director Uwe Boll already has his next three films - Postal, Far Cry and possibly Fear Effect - are already financed, despite the recent change in German tax law that allowed Boll to create Hollywood bombs and still turn a profit.

An incredibly brief email interview with horror movie website Creature Corner reveals former child actor Gary Coleman will reprise his infamous role in the upcoming Postal movie, and he's currently seeking either The Rock (DOOM, Be Cool) or John Statham (In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, The Transporter) for a starring role in his Far Cry adaptation.

Boll considers Postal to be his dream project, but if he was given free reign to remake any film, he says Steven Spielberg's Jaws would be at the top of his list. Oh, God.

Paul W. Anderson (Resident Evil, Aliens. Vs. Predator) isn't disappearing from videogame movies, either; in addition to his recent pick up of the rights to Castlevania, Dark Horizons reports he's decided to film the script he's currently penning for Resident Evil: Afterlife, the third of four planned Resident Evil films.

Jill Valentine actress Sienna Guillory and star Milla Jovovich will both return, and reportedly game favorites Leon Kennedy and Albert Wesker will both make an appearance.

You can wipe the tears of joy away from your eyes now.

1up

#39 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

• 623 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

Some clips from the movie Hostel.
Warning: some parts are extremely graphic
Link

#40 RetroShadow