Halo: CE

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Yep, no Halo 1 multiplayer confirmed. It's a Halo 1 inspired map pack of 7 maps for Reach.

Well that sucks.

Went from a must buy to a big old "meh".

What were they thinking?

#22 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

What were they thinking?

They were thinking, "We want Reach's multiplayer to continue to "thrive" up until Halo 4 launches."

#23 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

We've been able to play Halo 1 maps in Halo Reach since it fucking launched --- Damnation has been built and rebuilt hundreds of times in Forge. We want to play Damnation in Halo 1. What was hard to grasp about that? I'm watching the Waypoint video now, but what was announced and the way it was done (the glint of that combat knife on Dammy) at the press conference is a huge disappointment. Ugh.

#24 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

They were thinking, "We want Reach's multiplayer to continue to "thrive" up until Halo 4 launches."

Ha, yeah.

Edited by Drew, 06 June 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#25 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Exactly. This is really disenfranchising. But I guess Halo 4 will have the same pistol; because Master Chief put a foot long barrel on the end of it.

Edit: Meant to put disheartening. Looks like my summer law class is getting to me.

Edited by Nightshade, 06 June 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#26 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

But I guess Halo 4 will have the same pistol; because Master Chief put a foot long barrel on the end of it.

That was a silencer, dude.

#27 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

That was a silencer, dude.

It was a joke, dude.

#28 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

Exactly. This is really disenfranchising. But I guess Halo 4 will have the same pistol; because Master Chief put a foot long barrel on the end of it.

Posted Image

But yeah, this is fucking lame.

#29 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

It was a joke, dude.

This is no time for jokes, Nightshade! Can't you see the entire world is collapsing around us? Everything we cared about is DED.

#30 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

This is no time for jokes, Nightshade! Can't you see the entire world is collapsing around us? Everything we cared about is DED.

It really is kind of a downer.

The Microsoft conference, sans the three seconds of ME3 footage, was a complete dud.

What a joke.

#31 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

Van, I always appreciate your humor, but they blew their whole load on the Halo 1 remake, and there's no Halo 1 multiplayer in it, so I'm going to be bitter no matter what. It was basically the only thing I cared about, and now it's something that will probably never happen in my lifetime.

I agree. This really sucks. I just really wanted to somehow mention Chiron TL-34.

Why no multi? : (

PS I loved the H:CE campaign as much as anyone, but didn't Halo become big because of the multiplayer? I haven't noticed much if any public outcry for a remake of the campaign. I feel confident that if gamers could have picked the one aspect of CE to be ignored, it would have been the single player. I would think a multiplayer only remake would have been better received; am I completely wrong on this?

Edited by Vanwadilion, 06 June 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#32 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

I can't believe that the retards on GAF are defending this bullshit. Incredible.

#33 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hire Gearbox to port Halo PC to 360 please.

#34 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Anniversary Trailer on Halo Waypoint

Created in celebration of the 10th anniversary of one of the most beloved franchises in gaming history, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is a spectacularly remastered version of the original Halo campaign. Bundled with seven of the most popular Multiplayer maps in Halo history ready for Xbox LIVE, Halo: Anniversary will include a bounty of new features including Co-op play over Xbox LIVE, Achievements, new challenges, and new fiction to uncover.

New fiction. WTF is up with that?

#35 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hire Gearbox to port Halo PC to 360 please.

Seriously.

I would pay $60 for it.

I'm not even going to be paying $40 for this joke you're trying to get me to buy right now, and I bet it took you a lot more effort to make this than it would to port Halo PC.

New fiction. WTF is up with that?

Frankie was talking about terminals.

Probably just a lead-in to Halo 4.

Edited by Drew, 06 June 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#36 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I would pay so much more than $60 for a true remake.

#37 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

God, fuck the GAF Halo fanbase. "YES MICROSOFT SHIT ALL OVER MY FAVORITE SERIES I LOVE IT SO MUCH WHEN YOU RUIN GOOD THINGS"

#38 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

Seriously.

I would pay $60 for it.

I'm not even going to be paying $40 for this joke you're trying to get me to buy right now, and I bet it took you a lot more effort to make this than it would to port Halo PC.

Of course not, you don't have an Xbox. That would be stupid.

As I stated in the thread Dani started, if I want to play campaign I can pop in my Halo: CE disk. No multi - no purchase.

Edited by deftech, 06 June 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#39 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Of course not, you don't have an Xbox. That would be stupid.

Ha.

#40 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I got excited when I saw the trailer, but I'll just go ahead and say it. No online multiplayer, no buy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq