Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,686 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

That was a silencer, dude.

Who needs a silencer IN SPACE? No one can hearz you shootz!

If my excitement for Halo Reunion Party was a giant balloon, consider utterly deflated at this point. Unless 343 is pulling a fast one and saving a "lawlz Halo 1 multi be in d00dz" announcement for PAX or some shit, I'm not buying.

#42 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

I figuered there was no online multiplayer from the beginning of um.. whatever the rumors started. My expectations are far more realistic than all of yours! Anyways, it does look intriguing.

Edited by Merguson, 06 June 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#43 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Why did you figure that? I never once imagined this decision would be made. What a waste of time. I can play Halo 1 campaign whenever the hell I want.

#44 Merguson

Merguson

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

Why did you figure that? I never once imagined this decision would be made. What a waste of time. I can play Halo 1 campaign whenever the hell I want.

Just had that feeling.

#45 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 458 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

It's not a remake but it is. It's not a port but it is. I can honestly say that I was floored by it. Damm impressive.

#46 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

It's not a remake but it is. It's not a port but it is.

I can honestly say that I was floored by it. Damm impressive.

I was floored as well.

With disappointment.

#47 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

I was floored as well.

With disappointment.

Posted Image

#48 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Microsoft/343 Official statement: "You can still play Halo PC!"

#49 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Brb gonna take a break from E3 coverage and go play some Halo Anniversary. Managed to snag a copy 10 years before the release date. You jealous?

Edited by Syracuse022, 06 June 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#50 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

Brb gonna take a break from E3 coverage and go play some Halo Anniversary. Managed to snag a copy 10 years before the release date. You jealous?

Well fuck.

#51 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

I heard that copy comes with superior multiplayer and six more maps too. Steal of the decade.

#52 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

I heard that copy comes with superior multiplayer and six more maps too. Steal of the decade.

You can pick it up for like $10, too.

#53 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

It's not a remake but it is. It's not a port but it is.

I can honestly say that I was floored by it. Damm impressive.

I was very excited by it as well. Honestly I've always thought it would be cool to replay the first game with better graphics. Only WTF moment for me was Chief's armor. It looks... off. His armor combo in Reach looked much better than this. I dunno... It just looks blocky and fake. But everything else, hell yeah can't wait. Honestly I think I'm more excited for CEmake than for H4. I mean... jetpacks already built into the Mk. VI? Isn't that kinda just like a big middle finger to the fans? I'm gonna say even bigger than the Reach retcons. "Yeah, you've had a jetpack in your armor since Halo 2, we just never let you use it." >:( Thanks a lot.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#54 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

"Yeah, you've had a jetpack in your armor since Halo 2, we just never let you use it." >:( Thanks a lot.

Meanwhile at 343.

Posted Image

#55 Merguson

Merguson

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Of course you've used it. How else could a half a ton spartan perform such a floaty jump?

Edited by Merguson, 06 June 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#56 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image

#57 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,979 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

Yep, no Halo 1 multiplayer confirmed. It's a Halo 1 inspired map pack of 7 maps for Reach.

Oh. Holy. Fuck.

That's it.

Done.

It's like someone said, "Hey, guys. How about we take the most un-Halo like game ever and shatter everyone's memories of late night LANs and make XBC look like a godsend?"

"You mean put bloom and Armor Abilities in H:CE?"

"Yeah! And we'll replace the pistol everyone's wanted since H2 with the Reach one!"

"Hell yeah! Oh, and as a final 'fuck you very much,' we'll wrap that around the campaign remake to remind everyone of just how awesome it coulda been!"

"Oh, we're gonna make thousands of dollars off of this!"

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how the pitch went down.

#58 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Not sure if this is new information, but maybe there's still hope?

Joystiq.com

Unlike the dual-engine campaign mode, Anniversary's multiplayer component -- created with help from longtime Halo contributor Certain Affinity -- is rendered entirely using the Halo: Reach engine. The multiplayer component will still be separate from Reach, however. Those playing multiplayer via Anniversary will be restricted to the seven remastered traditional Halo: CE maps (including one campaign level converted into a Firefight map). In other words, your friends playing Reach will see that you're logged into CE. That said, Anniversary will also include a voucher to download the maps directly into Halo: Reach

But what about the important question? If the multiplayer utilizes the Reach engine, where does that leave the original Halo weapons? What about the Master Chief's famous engine of death, the pistol? For that matter, what if I don't want jet packs sullying my newly remastered memories?

343 Industries' Frank O' Connor wouldn't say directly whether or not the original weapons will appear in multiplayer, though he did say that the company has every intent to "respect the classic experience" and that matchmaking can be used to facilitate that. He added that we can expect more info on that front at PAX Prime later this year.

You can bet we'll be keeping our ears open come August.

Edited by Vanwadilion, 07 June 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#59 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

A Reach mod doesn't really cut it.

#60 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Scroll down until you get to Team Classic
Decidedly NOT Halo 1 or anything even remotely resembling it. Not even close.

If you "respect the classic experience," you give players the opportunity to play it. You don't do this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq