• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

These are the single coolest fiction ever done so far. The animation and story is amazing. See this video for all the locations of the Terminals. They're not hard to find compared to the skulls but I figured the video would be convenient.

#2 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Check out the hidden Terminal on Waypoint.

#3 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

How do I get the hidden terminal on Waypoint? Also, anyone got a handy link to how to activate the "backgrounds" or whatever is unlocked by the Waypoint Easter Egg?

Also, check this shit out.
MindBlown.gif

#4 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

Also, check this shit out.
MindBlown.gif

I don't know what I'm looking at.

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Halo 3 cutscene, headed to the Control Room on the unfinished Installation 04 replacement.
Posted Image

Halo Anniversary terminal, a glimpse of the same area on Installation 04 (as 343 GS frolics around to his rampant little heart's content) prior to the events of Halo 1.
Posted Image

#6 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Halo 3 cutscene, headed to the Control Room on the unfinished Installation 04 replacement.
Posted Image

Halo Anniversary terminal, a glimpse of the same area on Installation 04 (as 343 GS frolics around to his rampant little heart's content) prior to the events of Halo 1.
Posted Image

I made that observation on HBO a while ago. Definitely reused imagery, but the scale is different. Unless those trees are ridiculously big... Plus the mountains aren't there in H3. It's a cool way to reuse designs though. :)

Edited by Postmortem, 17 November 2011 - 12:50 PM.

GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#7 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Also, here's all the questions I have on the terminals. Some probably easily answered, others not so much: - What is the significance of the numbers displayed at the beginning of every terminal? Terminal #1: - What would Spark destroy the Autumn with? - How did the Covenant get through these defenses? - What is the significance of Spark identifying Chief? - Why or how would the geas determine the human's level of access to the ring? - What does Spark's last line mean "I have been away far too long. You have been away far too long." Terminal #2: - What was Spark's former station? - If this terminal dates from before the Array was activated, what does Spark mean when he says "What was could never be again"? - Why are only six monitors visible in the gathering? - What is the Lifeworker's creche? "It was most unusual to have the vessel of rebirth play host to such an event." - What is the large Forerunner ship that can be seen when Spark is recalling Forerunner history? - What installation was 049 Abject Testament assigned to? - Why was Abject Testament colored red if he was not rampant? Terminal #3: - What does the Covenant AI mean when it says "I was not made"? - How does the Covenant AI "know their path"? - How was the Covenant AI capable of sacrificing the Covenant if it supposedly "serves" them? - How did the Covenant AI think the deaths of the Covenant would secure its freedom? Terminal #4: - Why did the other Monitors stop sending the scheduled updates? - Is Spark the last non-rampant Monitor? - What fail safes are there for a Monitor going rampant? - What is the projection system? Is it referring to the structure similar to the map room from Halo Wars? - Some of the Flood containment facilities seem inspired by Cold Storage - What are the "minor events" that occurred while Spark was in hibernation? - How are they classified into "Minor, Major, and Profound"? - What were the "gifts" Spark was promised? By who? When? Terminal #5: - Crash landing was incident #654, listed as a "Major" event - No change in 6122 cycles - How long is a "cycle" on Halo? - Glow coming from front of crashed ship is interesting, reminds me of the thing seen as the end of the H4 concept art trailer... only green instead of red. - What race does crashed ship belong to? - What caused it to crash? - Is there a significance to the ship's gasses matching those of the installation? - Why was the ship not destroyed before entering the ring? - Why do the symbols contained within this distress call flash after every terminal? - If the crashed ship is short range, where did it come from? Terminal #6: - Why build a sarcophagus around the crashed ship? What is the point? - Why were not communication attempts made from within the crashed ship? - Is there a relationship between the venting atmosphere and the signal termination two weeks later? - What is purpose of showing us the leaking gas if it was all sterilized? - What part of protocol required that Spark remain silent while the Forerunners died? - Is the infected Halo a daydream/projection? Terminal #7: - What does Spark mean when he says "waiting here on this ring for a rebirth never truly conceived"? - If Halo is a weapon Spark could "tune to any target", then why didn't they target just the Flood? - What did Spark have in mind when he "volunteered"? - How did Spark "volunteer"? - What is the significance of the star chart shown? - What is the image of the Forerunners up on a central structure surrounded by other Forerunners? Volunteers? - Is the Halo shown being built, or repaired? If it's being repaired, what from? - What is the ship shown watching the repair efforts? Is its shimmering indicative of hard light? Who is the Forerunner within it Monitoring the repairs? - Isn't the nearby gas giant Threshold? So why would it take "a few hundred years" to reach? What gas giant is being referred to? Why is another Halo installation shown at the opposite end of this journey? Are these visuals simply misleading? - What does Spark mean when he says "There it was again. How very unproductive of me."? - Who is the figure whose shadow is pictured under Kilimanjaro? The Librarian? What happens in that flash of light? - What does Spark mean when he says "I was a part of many of those plans before I was even sure she was real. Before any of us were."? Who is "us"? - Why was only a fragment of the Librarian's brilliance available to them? - What does Spark mean when he says "Oh dear, here it comes again."? Terminal #7: - 3792+ worlds capable of supporting sentient life within a 2500 LY range, with reconstruction probabilities after the firing of the Halo array set at 23%, 12%, and 3%. Seems like the galaxy was left a lot emptier after the firing of the Array - What would happen if the original 12 Halos had survived and fired? How far would sterilization spread? - What creatures are shown next to the river before being obliterated by the Halo effect? Interesting to note that the trees and plant life was not destroyed. First example we've had of what the intelligence cutoff is for targeting by the Halo effect. Also tells us that plant life isn't enough to sustain the Flood long term. - What creature's eye is seen as the Halo effect sweeps through the planets? - What creature does the four-fingered, webbed hand belong to? Is the projection seen coming from below the hand a fifth digit? - Flood pure form has more details. Now has eyes, central "mouth" structure is no longer composed of infection form's sensory stalks - "Our" people, "our" end, "our" pyrrhic measurement - What was the Didact's plan that might have succeeded at a "much smaller cost"? "Long plans indeed..." Terminal #9: (keep in mind I have yet to go back and compare to the relative chapters in The Flood) - What is the Proto-Gravemind like form seen in Keyes' flashback to the Flood outbreak? Artistic interpretation of a Flood attack similar to The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor, or something else? - How is Keyes firing a weapon while a part of the Proto-Gravemind? Is this a metaphorical image to show him resisting, or is it literal? - What are the ships seen in orbit around Earth from Keyes memories? - What city is shown with the white buildings? - Where is the highway stretching through the desert? - The woman is definitely Halsey, since it shows them meeting later on while Keyes is young. - Is one of the memories of Keyes commanding a ship while performing the Keyes' Loop? - Where is the memory of the couple walking down the street holding hands? - What is the slip of paper held in Keyes' hand? - Does the Gravemind saying "We already do" have a deeper meaning? Perhaps Keyes was just being played with by the Gravemind, when it could take anything it wanted at any time, or perhaps already had it? Was the Gravemind testing humanity for weaknesses? Terminal #10: - Why does Spark refer to John as the "So-called Reclaimer"? - "The Ancient Enemy is unleashed once more." Interesting... - What does Spark mean when he says (referring to the Covenant) "It makes no difference to me what they believe. As long as they do what must be done."? - Why does Spark observe that "I sound like her"? - "Oh but what I would not give to have but a single company of Prometheans here right now. Oh they would most certainly restore order with their trademark lethality. Although, that would mean he would have to be here as well. And without the Librarian around to temper his rage... well, these Reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood." Stars disappear and Didact symbol flashes on screen. Didact/Prometheans to appear as enemies in H4? This certainly has some extreme significance to the future plot of the Halo series. One last question I have which has been standing a long time: - How is the Flood "starved" if the Halo array destroys them too?
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#8 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

TLDR ONI did it.

#9 Postmortem