• 2,619 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

Gears of War level design feature

#22 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:29 PM

Great post! I really want to scrutinize the methods they use for designing levels. This should be sick. EDIT: About what I expected. My teacher last quarter did a short demo on how to apply a normal map to an object than take that map and turn it into a bump map for a unique looking object. I'm really suprised how many polys the 360 can bank. That modeling looks great. :)
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#23 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

I'm really psyched about this game. Is anyone interested in having a small tourney after we've had a week or two to digest this title? We'll have to wait for some more information before we can really get ideas flowing, but this game is the game this year for me so I'm definitely interested in competition. Maybe we could get some people from other forums together for this competition...

#24 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

Yes please. I'll stop and pop in the rest of you guys' eyes... watch out... grawrrr... by the way, I call blue team, and yes that means GAM8LE is on my team. Noobz.

#25 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:03 AM

Maybe we could get some people from other forums together for this competition...

I'll work on the Nightly clowns. Maybe all three of them will join in...

#26 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

I'm up for it. This game is going to kick so much ass.

#27 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:33 AM

Yes please. I'll stop and pop in the rest of you guys' eyes... watch out... grawrrr... by the way, I call blue team, and yes that means GAM8LE is on my team. Noobz.

You and Gamble may want to watch out. From what I understand, there is no BXR or lunging in this game...

#28 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:50 AM

Thank God.

#29 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:49 AM

Yeah this game will probably make me get a 360... but is there enough skill involved? The whole blind fire/huge reticle shooting kinda seems to take away from accuracy (like say, Counter-Strike).

and chyea right, blu3 te4m is for f4gz0rs

*edit- I'm youtubin it up right now cause I'm bored. Dunno if ya'll have seen these

this (gameplay footage) or
1 2 and 3 pretty cool
don't tread on me

#30 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

You know, I've been at work for almost 4 hours now, and I've yet to do anything I'm supposed to. Thanks go to 1) h00ters. 2) Wikipedia. God I love that site. 3) Martin guitars (John Mayer and Jimi Hendrix guitars = so sexy... drool). 4) Fender guitars. 5) Gatsbys American Dream fansite. And 6) The Power Rangers. Yep, it's still fun to watch. Now, to address the challenge issued by Mr Obstreperous. Yes, I am slightly concerned that I will not be able to absolutely humiliate you with a controller-shattering, Liam-waking facial service courtesy of my battle rifle in Gears of War. We all know that I'm really only good at Halo (remember Rainbow Six? or Halo after Rainbow Six?). My esteemed colleague on the blue team, GAM8LE, however, suffers from none of the same shortcomings. He is good at every game he ever plays. If it has guns, you're in serious trouble. B-X-R is so much more than a glitch. It's a mind game. You could have put 3.5 bursts into me with your battle rifle, you could have 3 teammates shooting me, you could have the sword (COUGH COUGH -AHEM-). It doesn't matter. In one frustrating instant, you're dead, and I am laughing. When I release my Cribs, you'll see where I'm laughing from, and you can know, from then on, that I am sitting in that chair, and I am laughing. My favorite part about my favorite glitch in Halo 2 is the reactions I get afterwards, from GAM8LE's "Are you kid----" and "Not again" to Mr Talkative's quiet malice: "Syracuse, what are you going to do when they take B-X-R out for Halo 3?" Oh yeah, Gears of War. Shit gon' be hot. Really hot. I'm so stoked for this game.

#31 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

After I looked up obstreperous, I decided your missing out some great ways to spend some of your "paid" time.

1. collegehumor.com
2. ebaumsworld.com
3. sohh.com (the blogs for houston) me and ross just go off on these black folk
4. http://www.cs.ubc.ca...a/javademo.html (tight physics ski jumping game, just slow the speed down)
don't tread on me

#32 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

5 hours.

#33 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

Say what?
don't tread on me

#34 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

You know, I've been at work for almost 4 hours now, and I've yet to do anything I'm supposed to.

I'm working now, though.

#35 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

Thank God.

Gamble, you are an enigma to me. You despise the lunge, however, I'd say that 85% of your kills against me are results of exploiting that very same move over and over and over and over again. Now, I'm not a mathematician, but it clearly tells me that if it (the lunging melee) were removed, you would suck 85% more than you already do.

Can you afford that kind of suckage? ;)

#36 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, man, he's 1337. :bun:

#37 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

Just so you know Voc, I made up that lunge cancel I told you. Every time we play you say, "I don't get how you kill me". So, I thought you needed to hear something fancy. All I do is shoot you and get the melee in first.

#38 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:43 PM

Just so you know Voc, I made up that lunge cancel I told you. Every time we play you say, "I don't get how you kill me". So, I thought you needed to hear something fancy. All I do is shoot you and get the melee in first.

I've seen you use multiple lunges mid-air to get behind someone. Whether you cancel them prematurely or not isn't really relevant. All jokes aside, I think you're a great player with or without the lunges, it's just incredibly frustrating for us mere mortals.

#39 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:50 PM

I've seen you use multiple lunges mid-air to get behind someone. Whether you cancel them prematurely or not isn't really relevant. All jokes aside, I think you're a great player with or without the lunges, it's just incredibly frustrating for us mere mortals.

I realize Gamble is much better than I am, but honestly I don't feel like he's doing something special. I almost always kill him when I get the first shot in, and I've very rarely felt cheated or like something crazy happened. I'm honestly much more afraid of h00ters and then syracuse, unless you're talking long-range of course because I don't think anyone compares to gamble with a sniper-rifle.

#40 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

In Halo2, I'm afraid of everyone. My once meager to middling skills are now rusty and creaky. I'll just have to get on and get my ass kicked for a long time before I get back to where I was, which still isn't all that hawt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq