• 2,051 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

Gears of War Action Figure Website Launched

McFarlane Halo figures >

#42 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

Liked the art, gameplay, and esp online coop of GoW. Still have the game, and it will stay in my collection. Wasn't a big fan of the multiplayer though; for me, GoW is one of those shooters where, 15 minutes into the mp, you feel like you'd rather be playing Halo instead.

#43 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

First gameplay video on Live tonight!!

Man, running through a post-apocalyptic city and sticking a chainsaw into anything that moves is just the perfect thing for a Friday night. That being said, we've decided to stay in this evening and watch the first Gears of War 2 gameplay footage instead. If you want to catch a glimpse of all the testosterone-driven, monster-shooting madness promised in Epic Games' sequel, all you need is an Xbox 360 and enough dexterity to find the trailer on the Xbox Live Video Marketplace. Well, we suppose you'll need an internet connection too. Also, electricity.

Those of us lucky enough to possess computers (and internet and electricity) can also find the video on 1UP at 10:30PM PST -- that's a full 30 minutes before it gets to Xbox Live. When the embeddable Gamevideos clip becomes available at around the same time, we'll be sure to stick it up on Joystiq. We're staying in tonight, remember?

Link?

#44 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

If you haven't had the time to play it yet, you might really enjoy it. Most of the people who negatively rate GoW played it as much as the testers did. Everybody was kissing its ass when it came out. It was only after most of them played for 100 hours or so that they started to crap on it. If you don't have much time to play games, GoW is definitely worth your time. Even if you do, there are some people who love it so much that they're still playing it weekly (if not daily).

What I'm saying is that you really shouldn't trust the judgment of others with a game like this. You really have to judge for yourself.

I bought it because eveyone gave it such good reviews. I liked it at first, but after a few weeks I started to hate it. The whole game sort of "lags." The fact that I can watch my bullets go accross the map is a bit stupid aswell.

I may also hate it because of the cover system. In general, I hate cover systems. 3rd person makes it to where you see around corners and stuff without expsing yourself. This is why I tend to stick to FPS.

#45 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

LOOK AT ALL 'DAT JUICE...

#46 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

Gameplay footage coming out very soon

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3167745

Can't wait to see what's new and improved, even if it's not much.

I never did like the multiplayer... not enough players, how many players this time? Anyone know?

#47 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Here.

#48 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Here.

That small segment looked more fun than anything the original's campaign had to offer, and that's saying something. It's obvious it's still not even close to being done, but awesome nonetheless. Love the new meat shield mechanic.

Edited by Kinetic, 09 May 2008 - 09:33 PM.

#49 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

Love the new meat shield mechanic.

Heres hoping it's in the multiplayer.

#50 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

The new guns look interesting. I'm still not sure if I will buy this or not though.

#51 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:10 AM

That looked awesome. I'm really excited for this game.

#52 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

That small segment looked more fun than anything the original's campaign had to offer, and that's saying something.

Best campaign experience ever?

The brumak's face ripping off was awesome.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#53 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

Looked sexy. Hostage taking, new chainsaw animations, and chainsaw dueling. Plus killing Brumaks.

#54 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

The video looks so much better on Xbox Live from your console. Go do it.

#55 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

My right index finger about cried out of sheer joy when he whipped out that burst shot pistol thing.

#56 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

My right index finger about cried out of sheer joy when he whipped out that burst shot pistol thing.

I'd like to know more about that thing. It looked a lot like a humanized version of the Hammerburst.

#57 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

I'd like to know more about that thing. It looked a lot like a humanized version of the Hammerburst.

It was the Hammerburst, just with some improved architecture - just like the Lancer. There's a model of the new Hammerburst in the last Game Informer. Along with the...

burst shot pistol thing.

...or Gorgon Burst Pistol. I don't think it's human, but then again, I could have read wrong.
Spoiler

From what I've read and seen in action, it's definitely my most anticipated title this year...

#58 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

It was the Hammerburst, just with some improved architecture - just like the Lancer. There's a model of the new Hammerburst in the last Game Informer.

I had a feeling that it was just an updated version, the shape was just too similar. Now that I look at the trailer again, I see the familiar light red/pink color of it. I thought it was gunmetal grey the first time around.

...or Gorgon Burst Pistol. I don't think it's human, but then again, I could have read wrong.

Spoiler

EPIC probably put it in there just to show what it can do, which I think was a good idea.

Edited by Kinetic, 10 May 2008 - 08:08 PM.

#59 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Unless they messed around with the weapon selection system, it should be a pistol because it's in the bottom slot.

#60 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

CliffyB: No party system in GOW2 would be "a pretty big f*ckup"

The rest of the Joystiq interview HERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq